Thread: 'Home and Away' confirms bomb storyline in new promo - video

Exclamation 'Home and Away' confirms bomb storyline in new promo - video

Home and Away has confirmed an upcoming storyline centred around a bomb.

A new promo for the soap which has aired in Australia reveals that a large explosion is planned for the residents of Summer Bay.

The identity of the bomb planter is not revealed in the minute-long advert, which shows a suspicious package being passed around by the cast.

Meanwhile, the promo explains "Time is running out," adding "Summer Bay will be shaken" before the explosion is seen to take place.

Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw was recently revealed as having a cameo role in the long-running Aussie show.

Home and Away has released a new trailer previewing the drama ahead in 2014.

Australian viewers were left wondering who lived and who died after a bomb exploded during the series finale.

The new promo features a coffin, confirming that one Summer Bay resident will definitely lose their life, but it is not yet known who that will be.

The trailer also previews the Braxton brothers arriving in London, Brax (Steve Peacocke) holding a baby and Matt (Alec Snow) kissing Sasha (Demi Harman).

Home and Away is currently taking its annual transmission break in Australia and will be off air until the New Year.

The explosive finale episode will air on Channel 5 in February.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2nLz0vRfe

Home and Away: Lynne McGranger on Irene plots, bomb shock

Home and Away's Australian fans were left on tenterhooks in November as the soap's end-of-year cliffhanger saw Irene Roberts and a number of other characters get caught up in a bomb explosion.

The dramatic scenes will air for UK viewers on Channel 5 in February and see twisted teacher Jade Montgomery spark the disaster by planting an explosive device in Bianca Scott's laptop bag.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Lynne McGranger, who plays Irene, to hear her thoughts on the big storyline and all things Home and Away.

How did you feel about being part of the bomb explosion storyline?
    "It was wonderful - I really enjoyed it and I loved doing the stunts. It was a big week of filming with lots of outdoor scenes and stunt work.

"It was also really good because I'd had quite a few months where I wasn't doing much, but then I had some good comedy scenes with Johnny Ruffo who plays Chris. I loved doing that and then it was great to do a bit of high drama - that was lots of fun."

Have you had lots of tweets from fans who are worried about Irene?
    "I have! People are always saying, 'No they can't kill Irene off, please tell me what happens!' I always say, 'No, you've just got to wait and be patient!' We're obviously not allowed to say anything because we're contracted to be quiet! All I can say to the fans is keep watching and all will be revealed."

We obviously can't give away Irene's fate, but we know that lots of our readers have been asking for more storylines for her, Alf, Marilyn and Leah. Do you think we'll see that this year?
    "I absolutely think you will. I know that they've really upped the ante with the storylines coming up. Through Channel 5, we heard that the English audience wanted Irene and some of the other older actors to be involved in the end-of-year cliffhanger. I think they've got the message loud and clear, and those characters will be involved a lot more."

Do you think the UK and Australian audiences want slightly different things from the show?
    "That's a tough one! I think probably not - I think it's more a case of different generations wanting different things. Obviously your 15-year-old girls probably want to see more of the River Boys, although I know a lot of 40-year-old women want to see more of them too!

"But I think a lot of viewers also like the older characters, because they feel very comfortable with them and they feel that they know them well. They like a bit of respite from all of the trouble and the gang warfare, because it never used to be like that.

"Yes the gang stuff has upped the ante, but I think a lot of die-hard Home and Away fans still like the original concept, which of course is people living in a coastal town and taking in waifs and strays, and seeing what happens to them. They don't always just want to see guns and tattoos all the time."

2013 was a dramatic year for the show. Is 2014 also looking like a strong year?
    "Absolutely. We filmed the 2013 cliffhanger in July and it went to air in Australia in November, so in the UK you've still got all that stuff to happen yet.

"Since then, the stuff that has been filmed has been very full-on. The first half of the year is quite intense and dramatic, but there's a lot of comedy too. I think the viewers will really enjoy it and the show's pool of writers are really working overtime to keep the standard up."

Dan Ewing recently announced that he and some of the other River Boys will be leaving. Do you think that'll be a big change for the show?
    "I think everyone has to move on and do their thing. Some people choose to re-sign, others say, 'No, I've done all I can do here and it's time to move on'. So of course it will be a change, but when you look back over the years, so many cast members have left and people have said, 'It'll never be the same'. No it won't be the same, but that's not to say it won't be as good - it'll just be different.

"I remember when Angel and Shane left all those years ago and people said, 'Oh no!' It was the same when Selina left and when Aden and Belle left. It'll definitely be just as good as some new people will come along, take their place and tweak interest just as much as those who have moved on. It's just us oldies they can't get rid of - they'll be carrying us out feet first in a box!"

Which of the new characters are standing out for you?
    "I would definitely keep an eye out for Andy, played by Tai Hara, and his brother Josh. Also, lovely Chris played by Johnny Ruffo is one of my favourites. All of those three guys are lovely, lovely people. I think Tai will go a long way - Andy is big, bad and very handsome!

"I'd also say the twins - Evelyn played by Philippa Northeast and Oscar played by Jake Speer - along with Charlie Clausen who plays Zac."

As we're chatting, you're in the UK to appear in Sleeping Beauty in Southsea. How's it all gone?
    "It's gone extremely well. We've been getting audiences of over 1,000 people, which is extraordinary - it's been mayhem! I've been sharing the stage with Danniella Westbrook who's a lovely woman, the lovely Chris Maloney, and the fabulous Tony Adams who is famous for playing Adam Chance in Crossroads for many years. I worked with Tony years ago in Torquay.

"I'm also working with a few lovely local actors - Helen Kent, Chris Marlow and Warren Hayden. We've just been having a lovely time with a lovely crew, some of whom I've worked with before because I was at the same theatre four years ago. I couldn't ask for anything better - it's a great panto and I've loved playing the role of Carabosse because she's a great baddie. I get to sing and dance, get booed at and have a go at the audience! It's just marvellous."

Is it a nice change to play someone who's bad for a while?
    "Well, obviously panto is a completely different kettle of fish acting-wise compared to acting for TV, but I just love it - it's so much fun. I've played a baddie now in panto for quite a few years, so I'm very comfortable with it! Carabosse is pretty bad - she wants to kill Sleeping Beauty, so they don't come much badder! (Laughs.) But she's redeemed at the end so the kids get to go away liking her again."

Do you get any time off when you come over to the UK?
    "This year I get two weeks off after the panto, so I'll be going up north and visiting some dear friends in York. I'll also be stopping off to visit some friends in Birmingham, Manchester and Lincoln."

Would you ever be tempted to do one of our reality shows?
    "I'd love to do the dancing. I'd never go into the jungle, because I don't do jungles and I don't eat bugs - I could think of nothing worse! But I would certainly go on the dancing show and if they ever brought back Soapstar Superstar I'd go on that. Anything involving singing and dancing I'd be there - but nothing that involves jungles or bugs!"

when does home and away start agen for australia plz?

More than likely on 20th January

As Summer Bay Hospital lies in ruins and the dead and the injured litter the wreckage following the devastating bomb blast that ripped through the building, Montgomery has no idea that her vengeful actions have gone so horribly awry.

When Montgomery (Tasma Walton) overhears Leah (Ada Nicodemou) and Roo (Georgie Parker) discussing the explosion in the Diner, she's so dumbfounded by the news that she accidentally slips up and blurts that a disgruntled Mangrove River student must be responsible given all of the recent trouble at the school. When a confused Roo questions her theory, wondering why a student would want to bomb a hospital, Montgomery is thunderstruck to think that she detonated the bomb inside the hospital instead of her intended target of the school. Rushing to the scene of the carnager, Montgomery stares in disbelief at the sight of the dead and injured victims.

Rather than wallowing in remorse, Montgomery quickly bolts back to the school to hide the detonator inside a student's locker, desperate to frame someone else for the murderous devastation she's caused. Unfortunately for the toxic teacher, her earlier outburst is also arousing the town residents' suspicions, particularly Leah whose longtime distrust of the Mangrove River transplant is cemented upon hearing from Alf (Ray Meagher) that the authorities believe that the explosive device was hidden inside Bianca's (Lisa Gormley) laptop bag.

Believing Bianca's professional rival was responsible for the explosion, Leah hunts for answers and collars Matt (Alec Snow) for information about his past dealings with his teacher. Learning that Montgomery has been paying Matt all year to cause havoc in Summer Bay and also that he suspects that she burned down Mangrove River High School, Leah is anxious to take the information to the police but Matt ultimately begs her not to as he fears she'll pin both the fire and the hospital explosion on him. Fuelled for a confrontation, Leah rushes to the school to corner Montgomery.

However, the wicked Montgomery is one step ahead. Once again forced to face up to the horror she's caused, Montgomery tries braving her way out of the accusations against her, thinking that the police will never believe an upstanding citizen like herself could be responsible for such an horrendous attack. With only one course of action left open to her, Montgomery hurriedly prepares to flee the Bay, knowing that the only way she can escape prosecution for her crimes is to get out of town before the townspeople and the police catch up to her.

Home and Away star Lisa Gormley has discussed the current bomb storyline which sees a character killed off.

Viewers see twisted teacher Jade Montgomery plant an explosive device in Bianca Scott's laptop bag, which activates while Bianca is in a packed hospital ward.

Gormley, who plays Bianca, said to TV Week: "Bianca lands heavily on concrete and is found with something on top of her.

"She's unconscious and has been struck on the head during the explosion. Irene has also been knocked about quite badly.

"There's a lot of dust and debris. A wall has fallen down and furniture was thrown around. Bianca's alive, but they don't know how bad her injury is."

Speaking about the fate of pregnant Ricky (Bonnie Sveen), Gormley added: "It was a pretty big shock to Ricky's body. There's a possibility there could be more complications with the pregnancy."

Montgomery is shocked to hear that the bomb went off in such a busy location, as she never intended to endanger so many people. Gormley explained that she hoped her reaction would give her away.

She added: "Montgomery's actions were definitely the acts of a desperate woman. Bianca had taken her job and was younger and more successful. Heath was also doing well for himself. Montgomery didn't like anyone being happier than her.

"I think, in true Summer Bay style, she will get what is coming to her. You're not going to get away with putting a bomb in The Bay and killing someone!"

Australian fans have already seen the explosion as part of their annual cliffhanger, while UK fans are yet to see the bomb. Get the Inside Soap magazine on your iPhone or iPad

Thread Information