Page 262 of 337 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3368

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

Bit more news about Michael Parr's up coming fundraiser:

Description

Emmerdale actor Mike Parr is throwing a charity fundraiser on Friday 7th October from 7pm and guess what – you’re invited.

Mike will be joined by his friends, family and Emmerdale cast members, who will witness him auction off a selection of fabulous prizes, including some that money simply cannot buy.

The charity in question is The Steve Prescott Foundation, which has raised millions of pounds to support charities which were close to the late Rugby legends heart.

These include Try Assist, which raises funds to assist Rugby League players affected by serious injury and The Christie, whose aim is to create a future without cancer.

On the 13th October, Mike will be swapping on-screen soap drama for the challenge of a lifetime – a gruelling two-week trek to the Base Camp of the almighty Everest in Nepal.

The trip is a fitting way to raise funds for the charity, as it everything The Steve Prescott Foundation is about, which is summed up perfectly by their slogan – ‘’what the mind believes, the body achieves.’’

So, what can guests expect on the night? Well, after a swanky cocktail and canape reception, the auction kicks off at 8:30pm, where the highest bidder will walk away with the enviable ‘Party with Parr’ package.

This includes accommodation in a five-star hotel, dinner in one of the city’s most exclusive restaurants and then a VIP booth at Oracle with complimentary drinks for up to four people – all in the company of the dashing Mr Parr himself!

Speaking about the event and his involvement with the charity, Mike said ‘’As a fellow St Helens lad, Steve was a childhood hero of mine, and has been a huge source of inspiration to myself and countless others – someone that proved that anything is possible with the right attitude.

This charity has always been close to my heart and so I’m honoured to take up the Base Camp challenge.

The Oracle fundraiser is going to be quite some night – I can’t wait to see you all there. Let’s see how much we can raise for this worthy cause!’’

Tickets are an absolute snip at just £10 with all proceeds going to the charity.

If you can’t make it, but would love to dig deep and show your support, then please head on over to Mike Parr’s JustGiving page and make a donation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...Parr-Emmerdale

For further information on The Steve Prescott Foundation and its incredible achievements, take a look at their website:

http://www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk/

So, what are you waiting for? Dust down your glad rags and prepare to Party with Parr for an unforgettable evening at Leeds premier riverside nightspot!

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mike-...07986?aff=eac2

Emmerdale actor takes on Everest charity challenge

Actor Mike Parr is swapping the treachery of the rolling hills of the Emmerdale village for the treacherous heights of the world's tallest mountain range.

"Ross Barton" to soap fans is one of a group of forty climbing Everest next month, aiming to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
    Mike Parr

I've done the Yorkshire three peaks and I did that in one day - I think we did 26 miles in ten hours or something, but this is going to be Everest base camp and we go actually one station higher than base camp, so I think we go to about 19 thousand feet in total.

– Mike Parr

Mike has been in altitude training - to prepare for the physical demands of climbing in a low-oxygen environment.

The challenge when we're out there is going to be the mental toughness, just having to push through it, but I'm also doing it with Taylor Prescott who is Steve's eldest son and you know he's fifteen, so you know, I'll be watching him, I'll be right behind him and I might be needing to encourage him, but I'm pretty certain he's going to be the one dragging me up that mountain because he's fit as a fiddle.

– Mike Parr

He has been invited to take part by the Steve Prescott Foundation, a charity set up by the former Wakefield Trinity and Hull FC player who died of cancer in 2013.

He's joined by a team of famous faces from Rugby League, as well as Jenna Brough, the wife of the Huddersfield Giants' Danny Brough, who climbed Kilimanjaro last year.

When I went up Kilimanjaro we took a nine day challenge over six days so we didn't have any acclimatisation days. We went straight up and came straight down, you were just you know camped on a night whereas with this one we've got a few days in-between so we acclimatise during them days so hopefully I'm not as sick and my headache's not as bad.

– Jenna Brough
    Everest

The team - which includes Steve Prescott's wife and son - travel out to Nepal next month - before an eleven day trek to more than five and half thousand metres above sea level.

You can watch a full video report by Michael Billington below:
    http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/201...ity-challenge/

Emmerdale actor takes on Everest charity challenge

Actor Mike Parr is swapping the treachery of the rolling hills of the Emmerdale village for the treacherous heights of the world's tallest mountain range.

"Ross Barton" to soap fans is one of a group of forty climbing Everest next month, aiming to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
    Mike Parr

I've done the Yorkshire three peaks and I did that in one day - I think we did 26 miles in ten hours or something, but this is going to be Everest base camp and we go actually one station higher than base camp, so I think we go to about 19 thousand feet in total.

– Mike Parr

Mike has been in altitude training - to prepare for the physical demands of climbing in a low-oxygen environment.

The challenge when we're out there is going to be the mental toughness, just having to push through it, but I'm also doing it with Taylor Prescott who is Steve's eldest son and you know he's fifteen, so you know, I'll be watching him, I'll be right behind him and I might be needing to encourage him, but I'm pretty certain he's going to be the one dragging me up that mountain because he's fit as a fiddle.

– Mike Parr

He has been invited to take part by the Steve Prescott Foundation, a charity set up by the former Wakefield Trinity and Hull FC player who died of cancer in 2013.

He's joined by a team of famous faces from Rugby League, as well as Jenna Brough, the wife of the Huddersfield Giants' Danny Brough, who climbed Kilimanjaro last year.

When I went up Kilimanjaro we took a nine day challenge over six days so we didn't have any acclimatisation days. We went straight up and came straight down, you were just you know camped on a night whereas with this one we've got a few days in-between so we acclimatise during them days so hopefully I'm not as sick and my headache's not as bad.

– Jenna Brough
    Everest

The team - which includes Steve Prescott's wife and son - travel out to Nepal next month - before an eleven day trek to more than five and half thousand metres above sea level.

You can watch a full video report by Michael Billington below:
    http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/201...ity-challenge/

So judging by the new spoilers it will indeed be Emma who kills James, Ross confronts James, Emma finds out, she hatches a plan and then the last spoiler says "James tries to escape". Hopefully Ross isn't an accomplice, he is many things but surely he wouldn't help murder his own dad.

Seen a few rumours saying that Ross could've supplied Holly with the drugs, because there is a spoiler pic floating about of Adam fighting with that Simon guy (who caused all that trouble for Holly a few months back) and Ross is just lurking about in the background, observing. People are also saying that when Ross drives a drunk Moira home next week, he could be doing it out of guilt.

i thought maybe ross goes with adam after simon

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMad View Post
    Seen a few rumours saying that Ross could've supplied Holly with the drugs, because there is a spoiler pic floating about of Adam fighting with that Simon guy (who caused all that trouble for Holly a few months back) and Ross is just lurking about in the background, observing. People are also saying that when Ross drives a drunk Moira home next week, he could be doing it out of guilt.
    This is the pic:

Ross has never been involved with Drugs though has he? And him and Holly barely interacted. That sounds a bit of a long shot to be honest. It would be like the shooting all over again. I think he runs Moira home so she can tell him about James. Not out of guilt. And let's not forget he his her Nephew and she did a lot for him in the beginning so maybe Ross is actually just helping her.
    Last edited by Dalesfan; 02-10-2016 at 11:15.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

deeCee (03-10-2016)

Ross has never directly admitted to having a history of drug involvement but when James wrong accused Ross of having drugs at the farm (they were Pete's), Ross did say something like - "if you think drugs are the worst i can get, you don't know me".

That would be a pathetic storyline, there has been no interaction between the 2 and I honestly don't think Ross would do it. Perhaps Ross going off with Adam for the drug dealer is the start of bringing the brothers closer together.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (03-10-2016)

Thread Information