Page 101 of 337 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3368

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

I don't think the Daily Mirror article tells us anything really. Just mays, mights, ifs, won'ts. No spoiler value at all. Although Kate Oates is leaving this week, the storylines for the next 6 months or so, plus 6 weeks to finish filming them, should take her influence on Emmerdale to about September 2016, roughly about when I think Mike Parr's contract is due to expire/be renewed.

​Robberies, mindless violence, wife-stealing and even hanging his brother Pete over a bridge - Emmerdale bad boy Ross Barton has been getting away with murder all year. His army of fans have loved every second, but it could all be about to change this week as Robert Sugden's shooting comes back to haunt him at last.

When Ross finally becomes the focus of the police's investigation, it sets in motion a devastating chain of events which sees his partner Debbie Dingle walk out on him and leave the village.

Michael Parr, who plays Ross, spoke exclusively to Digital Spy about the moment that the village's rogue loses everything.

How does Ross cope when the police start asking him questions about the recent warehouse robbery this week?

"Ross is quite calm, because he knows the only thing he did wrong was the robbery itself. He's pretty certain that he's got his back covered and that he wouldn't have been spotted by anyone.

"It's Aaron who made things tricky, because he attacked someone during the raid. Ross thinks Aaron is the one who's going to be in bother, but obviously he never wants the police sniffing round after all the stuff he's done in the past."

Why does Ross end up in the frame for Robert's shooting?

"The police pick up on new evidence and they have a look around for more details. They know it has to be someone in the village and Ross is a crook, so a few fingers are definitely pointing at him.

"It makes Ross really unsettled. This is an attempted murder investigation and he knows he could face a long sentence for this if he was rumbled."

What makes Debbie agree to give Ross a false alibi?

"Debbie gives Ross every opportunity to confess whether the shooter was him or not - but he lies through his teeth and manages to convince her that he's innocent. That makes her absolutely 100% certain that it couldn't have been Ross, so she decides to protect him."

But things take a very dramatic turn when Robert confronts Ross with a gun...

© ITV
    Robert points his gun at Ross on New Year's Eve

"Yeah, it happens when Ross is getting ready for New Year's Eve. He's got a big question that he wants to ask Debbie and he's made some big plans for that. Suddenly he bumps into Robert, who's waiting for him in the house with a gun. It turns out that Robert wants revenge in the simplest way - Ross shot him, so he's going to do it to him in return."

© ITV
    Ross puts his hands up as he faces Robert holding a gun aimed at Ross's chest

Is Ross genuinely scared?

"He is scared, because Robert has literally got a gun pointed to his chest, but he also starts to play a bit of a mind game on Robert. Ross doesn't believe that Robert has got the minerals to go through with something like that... until Robert starts to talk about his past and what he's done to people before.

"That really puts the wind up Ross. I can't give much away, but you'll see that Robert confronting Ross actually lets the cat out of the bag about the whole thing. That means Ross's world starts to crumble..."

That includes Debbie finding out everything and leaving the village! How devastating is that for Ross?

"Ross is gutted because their relationship is everything he's ever wanted. He'd done all of these stupid things in the past, but now he was ready to stop. Ross tries everything he can to get Debbie to stay, but it doesn't work."

© ITV
    Ross tells Debbie that he wants them to be together

© ITV
    Debbie leaves Ross and Emmerdale

Would you like Ross and Robert's feud to continue into next year?

"I don't think Ross is the type of person to let it lie - even though it's 1-1 now! Ross shot Robert, but then he retaliated by making him lose everything. Hopefully there is more drama to come between those two. Obviously Robert has money, power and he's probably smarter than Ross. But Ross has the brawn and is a bit more ruthless, I think."

Will you miss working with Charley Webb (Debbie), who's just gone on maternity leave?

"Yeah, I'm gutted. I wasn't there on her last day filming, but I sent her a really long message just saying how grateful I was that I finally got to work with her. She's a consummate professional and fun to share scenes with. You never know what will happen. I might not still be at the show by the time her maternity is up, so those could have been our last scenes together."

Are you expecting 2016 to be another busy year for Ross?

"It's hard, because how do you top a year like the one I've just had? I wouldn't be surprised if I went a little bit quieter. Other people have to have their big storylines as well. Obviously if the big stories came my way I would embrace them, but we'll have to see what our new producer Iain [MacLeod] brings to the table because he's going to have his own ideas."

You admitted a few months back that getting a new boss was pretty nerve-wracking. How do you feel about it now?

"When I say 'nerve-wracking', I think it sounds like I'm sat here panicking! It's just because I've never experienced a producer changeover before. Obviously I've been quite busy and I'd like that to continue. But Iain might bring in a new Ross Barton and I'll get forgotten about! It's only melodramatic things that I'm probably being a bit OTT with, so to be honest I'm more excited than nervous."

Your new shorter haircut became a talking point on Twitter recently! Was that a surprise?

"Some people said they liked it the old way and others said they liked it the new way, but I'm not going to change it because of that! If the biggest thing going on in your life is my hair, then so be it. But I'm not sat here looking in the mirror going: 'Oh no, what have I done?!'"

You're not shy of fighting back on Twitter with things like that. Do you think it's important to stand up for yourself when viewers give you stick?

"Yeah, I got some grief the other day. Someone had a go at me but when I had a go back, they instantly became the victim and tried to make me look bad. But I always say that if you take a shot at me, don't think that we're not allowed to have a go back.

"I don't respond to everyone. Usually it's all tongue-in-cheek and very light-hearted. But it is funny when people call you trash or a crap actor and get immediately offended when you fight back!"

Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    28 December 2015
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...les-this-week/
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 28-12-2015 at 01:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    I don't think the Daily Mirror article tells us anything really. Just mays, mights, ifs, won'ts. No spoiler value at all. Although Kate Oates is leaving this week, the storylines for the next 6 months or so, plus 6 weeks to finish filming them, should take her influence on Emmerdale to about September 2016, roughly about when I think Mike Parr's contract is due to expire/be renewed.
    He said he was leaving with Charley Webb, that's not happening, he enjoys toying, winding the fans up, it's his way, he knows if he's still in the job or not alright, well in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    He said he was leaving with Charley Webb, that's not happening, he enjoys toying, winding the fans up, it's his way, he knows if he's still in the job or not alright, well in advance

Robberies, mindless violence, wife-stealing and even hanging his brother Pete over a bridge - Emmerdale bad boy Ross Barton has been getting away with murder all year. His army of fans have loved every second, but it could all be about to change this week as Robert Sugden's shooting comes back to haunt him at last.

When Ross finally becomes the focus of the police's investigation, it sets in motion a devastating chain of events which sees his partner Debbie Dingle walk out on him and leave the village.

Michael Parr, who plays Ross, spoke exclusively to Digital Spy about the moment that the village's rogue loses everything.

How does Ross cope when the police start asking him questions about the recent warehouse robbery this week?

"Ross is quite calm, because he knows the only thing he did wrong was the robbery itself. He's pretty certain that he's got his back covered and that he wouldn't have been spotted by anyone.

"It's Aaron who made things tricky, because he attacked someone during the raid. Ross thinks Aaron is the one who's going to be in bother, but obviously he never wants the police sniffing round after all the stuff he's done in the past."

Why does Ross end up in the frame for Robert's shooting?

"The police pick up on new evidence and they have a look around for more details. They know it has to be someone in the village and Ross is a crook, so a few fingers are definitely pointing at him.

"It makes Ross really unsettled. This is an attempted murder investigation and he knows he could face a long sentence for this if he was rumbled."

What makes Debbie agree to give Ross a false alibi?

"Debbie gives Ross every opportunity to confess whether the shooter was him or not - but he lies through his teeth and manages to convince her that he's innocent. That makes her absolutely 100% certain that it couldn't have been Ross, so she decides to protect him."

But things take a very dramatic turn when Robert confronts Ross with a gun...

"Yeah, it happens when Ross is getting ready for New Year's Eve. He's got a big question that he wants to ask Debbie and he's made some big plans for that. Suddenly he bumps into Robert, who's waiting for him in the house with a gun. It turns out that Robert wants revenge in the simplest way - Ross shot him, so he's going to do it to him in return."

Is Ross genuinely scared?

"He is scared, because Robert has literally got a gun pointed to his chest, but he also starts to play a bit of a mind game on Robert. Ross doesn't believe that Robert has got the minerals to go through with something like that... until Robert starts to talk about his past and what he's done to people before.

"That really puts the wind up Ross. I can't give much away, but you'll see that Robert confronting Ross actually lets the cat out of the bag about the whole thing. That means Ross's world starts to crumble..."

That includes Debbie finding out everything and leaving the village! How devastating is that for Ross?

"Ross is gutted because their relationship is everything he's ever wanted. He'd done all of these stupid things in the past, but now he was ready to stop. Ross tries everything he can to get Debbie to stay, but it doesn't work."

Would you like Ross and Robert's feud to continue into next year?

"I don't think Ross is the type of person to let it lie - even though it's 1-1 now! Ross shot Robert, but then he retaliated by making him lose everything. Hopefully there is more drama to come between those two. Obviously Robert has money, power and he's probably smarter than Ross. But Ross has the brawn and is a bit more ruthless, I think."

Will you miss working with Charley Webb (Debbie), who's just gone on maternity leave?

"Yeah, I'm gutted. I wasn't there on her last day filming, but I sent her a really long message just saying how grateful I was that I finally got to work with her. She's a consummate professional and fun to share scenes with. You never know what will happen. I might not still be at the show by the time her maternity is up, so those could have been our last scenes together."

Are you expecting 2016 to be another busy year for Ross?

"It's hard, because how do you top a year like the one I've just had? I wouldn't be surprised if I went a little bit quieter. Other people have to have their big storylines as well. Obviously if the big stories came my way I would embrace them, but we'll have to see what our new producer Iain [MacLeod] brings to the table because he's going to have his own ideas."

You admitted a few months back that getting a new boss was pretty nerve-wracking. How do you feel about it now?

"When I say 'nerve-wracking', I think it sounds like I'm sat here panicking! It's just because I've never experienced a producer changeover before. Obviously I've been quite busy and I'd like that to continue. But Iain might bring in a new Ross Barton and I'll get forgotten about! It's only melodramatic things that I'm probably being a bit OTT with, so to be honest I'm more excited than nervous."

Your new shorter haircut became a talking point on Twitter recently! Was that a surprise?

"Some people said they liked it the old way and others said they liked it the new way, but I'm not going to change it because of that! If the biggest thing going on in your life is my hair, then so be it. But I'm not sat here looking in the mirror going: 'Oh no, what have I done?!'"

You're not shy of fighting back on Twitter with things like that. Do you think it's important to stand up for yourself when viewers give you stick?

"Yeah, I got some grief the other day. Someone had a go at me but when I had a go back, they instantly became the victim and tried to make me look bad. But I always say that if you take a shot at me, don't think that we're not allowed to have a go back.

"I don't respond to everyone. Usually it's all tongue-in-cheek and very light-hearted. But it is funny when people call you trash or a crap actor and get immediately offended when you fight back!"

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (29-12-2015), lizann (29-12-2015), Perdita (29-12-2015)

Well tonight is the start when Ross gets interrogated by the police. It should be exellent viewing. Really can't wait.

I know from the spoilers that Debbie covers for him for the stolen goods as she already knows about them. The scenes when she finds out about Ross shooting Robert though should be dramatic. She will also learn that Andy, the father of her children arranged the deal with Ross. So hopefully he gets some of the flack from Debbie.

Well tonight is the start when Ross gets interrogated by the police. It should be exellent viewing. Really can't wait.

I know from the spoilers that Debbie covers for him for the stolen goods as she already knows about them. The scenes when she finds out about Ross shooting Robert though should be dramatic. She will also learn that Andy, the father of her children arranged the deal with Ross. So hopefully he gets some of the flack from Debbie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (29-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post

I wonder if Ross proposes to Debbie before she leaves or whether she finds out before he has the chance. Im interested to see the way Ross is treated after every one finds out, he will probably be barred from the Wolpack, he will have no job. He does however go back to live with his family though by the sounds of the spoilers so at least it isn't Ross vs everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post

I wonder if Ross proposes to Debbie before she leaves or whether she finds out before he has the chance. Im interested to see the way Ross is treated after every one finds out, he will probably be barred from the Wolpack, he will have no job. He does however go back to live with his family though by the sounds of the spoilers so at least it isn't Ross vs everyone.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Thing is Ross does hold some power still. He could still put Aaron in it with the robbery and use it as a threat. So maybe some will be a little wary of that

This was posted in the other thread

Moira Dingle discovers that stressing about Charity begins at home as her husband Cain’s former lover, and cousin, prepares for her release from prison where she served time for perverting the course of justice. Cain blames her for his daughter Debbie quitting the village after her relationship with Ross.
    Last edited by Dalesfan; 29-12-2015 at 13:34.

Thread Information