Page 27 of 337 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    digitalspy.co.uk published on Tuesday August 25th 2015:

>
    Emmerdale spoilers: See Ross Barton confront Pete in new teaser video

By Daniel Kilkelly

Tuesday, Aug 25 2015, 20:00 BST

Here's a first look at the unmissable moment that Emmerdale's Ross Barton comes face-to-face with his brother Pete again.

Ross (Michael Parr) made a return to our screens in Tuesday's hour-long episode and a new video released by the soap now offers a tantalising glimpse into what's next.

Brand new footage shows Ross making a phone call to Debbie Dingle from hospital, staying silent on the line when he hears Pete's voice in the background.

Ross is also seen making a return to Butler's Farm, taunting Pete by saying: \"Hello bruv. Bet you weren't expecting to see me again...\"

Ross appeared to have been killed off earlier this month when he suffered a nasty blow to the head when a row with Pete over Debbie went horribly wrong.

A shaken Pete hid his body in some woodland in the hope of covering up his crime, but now that we know Ross is alive, time will only tell what the bad boy's revenge could be.
    >

See the new Emmerdale teaser in full at:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...ser-video.html
    Hello I just see the article I do not see the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    Hello I just see the article I do not see the video.
    Hi, Serena.

I just checked the linked webpage with a computer and an ipad and the video appeared on both. The video appeared on the ipad (iOS 8.4.1) using Safari even when cookies were set to be blocked. The video also appeared and played on computer using Windows XP Pro with Firefox v40.0.2 and IE v8.0

I don't know where you are living but the video may not be available for your country if it is outside UK?

It could be a software problem which makes your machine incompatible to use for the video for the moment. If so, you might need to ask a local shop for help tomorrow as one or more programs might need updating. If you are confident about dealing with software issues yourself and are using a computer, then you could try checking your Adobe Flash Player program to start with.

The video is played on my UK computer using Adobe Flash Player v18.0.0.282. It's possible that your machine doesn't have an up-to-date Flash Player version.

If you visit the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

it will tell you which version of Adobe Flash Player you have and what you should be using as the latest version. If you need to update then you can click on the 'Player Download Center' link above the Platform/Browser/Player info table.

I hope this helps, but the digitalspy.co.uk webpage with the video on is working for me right now in UK, so something is different for you which is making the video not appear. I think it's most likely to be your country or your software programs.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 26-08-2015 at 00:58.

I have just played the video on iPhone, Safari, iOS 8.1.3.

Here is the link to the video's location on the ITV site, see if that one will play for you instead:

http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras/ross-return

Anybody else with those kind of head injuries would be suffering from amnesia or other mental issues ... not Ross of course, finds his way home to confront his brother without memory loss or signs of a bit of a headache

We don't know yet what condition he's in..What puzzles me is-how did he get out of woods if he was unconcious??! Someone-doggie walker/hiker must have found him..I would hate to walk my dogs in Emmerdale where bodies are scattered everywhere..;)
    Thank goodness all the speculation is over now and we can all relax!
    Last edited by mariba; 26-08-2015 at 09:20.

soapsquawk.co.uk published on Tuesday August 25th 2015:

>
    Emmerdale’s Michael Parr on shock twist: “Ross is alive and wants revenge!”

Published Tuesday, 25th August 2015, 20:00pm By SoapSquawk

Emmerdale bosses aired a shocking twist in tonight’s episode as it was revealed Ross Barton is alive!

Fans had feared the villager had been killed by his brother Pete Barton, but what Pete didn’t realise when he dumped Ross’ body in the woods was that it wasn’t dead!

And after leaving him alone a walker discovered Ross and took him to a local hospital where he’s been recovering ever since.

As he had no phone or wallet on him when he was dumped, the hospital don’t know Ross’ identity which is why the Barton family are clueless to his fate.

Here Michael Parr, who plays Ross, admits it’s been tough keeping the secret but hopes fans loved the twist.

© ITV
    Ross awake in hospital

>How has it been keeping the twist a secret?

It’s been difficult, but ultimately it’s been fun and exciting! Even having to lie to family, also people aren’t idiots so some of my family who didn’t know have been asking me what I’ve been up to, I’ve been making lies up, like saying I’ve been working in a hotel to get around it. It’s been good. There’s been a bit of speculation that Ross wasn’t dead so I was trying to throw them off by tweeting lies that I had an audition. It’s been a lot of fun!

>How long have you known about the twist?

I found out a good few months ago. Anthony Quinlan had this meeting with Kate Oates where she told him what was going on and he looked shell-shocked from what he had just found out. He wouldn’t tell me, which started to make me panic, he said he couldn’t tell me and I had to speak to Kate. Automatically I started to fear the worst. Then when she told me I was chuffed to bits, I thought it was another great storyline and the fact that it seemed to have worked means it’s paid off.

>What lengths have you been to in order to keep this a secret?

I’ve been sneaking in and out of the building. I even walked home in one of the costume coats the other day because there were a few people outside the studio. I couldn’t get in and out of the building without being seen.

>Did any of your family and friends fall for it?

It was funny, I got so many different reactions. Some people were like, ‘You’ll get something soon, something bigger!’, or people said I would get a film off the back of it and I was thinking, ‘No, I won’t’ because I am still under contract at Emmerdale. Loads of people were tweeting me making stuff up like how I had signed a contract in August, but I hadn’t. It’s been very positive.

© ITV
    This is the moment Ross walks back into the Barton house!

>How do you think fans will take the twist?

Hopefully they’ll like it and not go, ‘Bloody hell, he’s back, I hated that character!’. Everyone seems to be genuinely annoyed so hopefully people will be excited by the twist.

>The hospital don’t know Ross’ identity, what’s going to happen next?

He’s in a lot of pain, he’s got to recover and get his head together. Ultimately he’s got two things on his mind - revenge and where is the love of his life? He doesn’t know what’s really gone on, he can’t remember too much. The doctor tells him what happened, he says he was either attacked by a large animal or someone was trying to kill you. So Ross is furious, it’s a pretty cold thing to do to anyone, let alone your little brother. I think Ross has always been painted as the bad one but he’s never done this to anyone.

>Will he go after Debbie or Pete first?

I think getting Debbie will be his revenge!
    >

Source: http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/emm...ts-revenge.php

The Sun published on Wednesday August 26th 2015:

>
    Keeping my ‘Ross is back from dead’ story secret was nightmare

Emmerdale Mike Parr star reveals his ‘murder’ plot struggle

WHEN EMMERDALE bad boy Ross Barton was killed off earlier this month, the fans went into meltdown.

After watching him being battered by his crazed brother Pete and dumped in a shallow grave, viewers took to social media to protest.

They demanded the character be brought back — even launching a petition.

And last night, they got their wish. As part of a secret storyline, Ross was seen opening his eyes in a hospital bed.

Viewers had previously seen him dumped in the back of a van, beaten up and then missing from his grave in the woods. In the biggest comeback since Lazarus, it seems the soap villain wasn’t really dead.

And now he’s ready to unleash Barton boy chaos.

For actor Mike Parr, keeping quiet about the storyline has been a nightmare.

The heart-throb says: “I’m not exactly the quietest guy and this has been a massive secret.

“I was allowed to tell my mum, dad and grandad but I had to lie to my other family.

“My cousins were asking me about leaving and what I was doing next and I just had to try to fob them off.

“People have been quizzing my grandad. He sent me a text saying I’d made him lie in church.”

And it isn’t just Mike’s family who have been keen to know more. Fans have been bombarding him with messages on Twitter.

He says: “It’s been the maddest thing I’ve experienced.

“On the night Ross got beaten up I got about 300 messages from people who were genuinely really upset.

“So was I when I watched it. It was very emotional — and I knew Ross had survived.

“Since then I’ve had to lie low. When people have stopped me in the street, I’ve had to fib a bit.”

But when Mike, single despite his thousands of online admirers, mentioned a trip to London the social media rumour mill went mad.

He says: “Everyone on Twitter thought I was hinting about a TV role — I think people expect me to turn up on Strictly — but I was just helping a mate move house.”

Things went up a gear last week when fans started a petition calling for Ross to be reinstated.

Mike says: “Suddenly there were 30,000 likes on Facebook and I’d got another 20,000 Twitter followers. It was crackers.”

© ITV
    Ross awake in hospital

Now he can’t wait to see what havoc his character wreaks next.

He says: “Ross is like a cat with nine lives. You can’t keep him down so there are going to be fireworks.

“The writers have still got a few tricks up their sleeves — is he going to hook up with Debbie, try to get revenge on Pete or turn over a new leaf?

“I had some amazing storylines last year but this one has been unreal — and it’s not finished yet.

“We don’t need any more petitions because it looks like Ross is here to stay.”
    >

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-a-secret.html
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 26-08-2015 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Thank goodness all the speculation is over now and we can all relax!
    Here in NZ we are up to where Debbie has discovered Ross is the father of Moses and so has rejected him and decided to go ahead with marrying Pete. The end of this week sees the start of the SummerFate episodes - we'll be left hanging over the weekend after the helicopter crashes into the wedding reception. It's certainly going to be much easier watching the episodes early next week knowing Ross isn't actually killed by Pete! I did wonder if Ross's fate would still be hanging by the time we get to see the SummerFate episodes... guess not after all.;-)

Pete is facing up to his past on tomorrow's hour long episode..hmm..could it be that Ross is back already..?

Hope Pete gets into trouble with the law, although doubt it will happen. Should be attempted murder.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (26-08-2015), Perdita (26-08-2015)

Thread Information