Page 35 of 337 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

I think Andy's part was carried out - the bike incident - but then he chickened out and saved Pete.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:

Kim (22-10-2015), Ruffed_lemur (22-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Butterbean View Post
    I think Andy's part was carried out - the bike incident - but then he chickened out and saved Pete.
    Good thinking - if both attemps had been made on the same night then presumably they'd each have been prime suspects, but for the other crime. It seemed odd at the time but it is very clever this way. Andy's alibi was the mental hospital and Ross's was that he was nowhere near the village at the time of Pete's crash (and Andy made it look like an accident.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (22-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Butterbean View Post
    I didn't think that was planned

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I didn't think that was planned
    I agree, I don't think the bike incident was part of some plan to kill Pete. I reckon it was an accident but Andy did pause for a second before helping. So I think Andy did contemplate it taking advantage for a moment but overall was wasn't planned.
    Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 22-10-2015 at 23:20.

Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 22-10-2015 at 23:20.

ross will want andy to do his part now

Fear might be wise http://beta.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/e...were-numbered/

While Kate Oates may have plans and be willing to let him go unpunished (legally/in a box), the same might not be true of the subsequent producer.
    Last edited by Kim; 23-10-2015 at 01:17.

Emmerdale star Michael Parr on Ross reveal: 'I thought my days were numbered'

By Daniel Kilkelly
    Thursday, Oct 22 2015, 21:00 BST

Emmerdale star Michael Parr feared for his future in the show after hearing that Ross Barton would shoot Robert Sugden.

Ross was tonight (October 22) revealed as the mystery culprit who gunned down Robert, as a special 'rewind' episode took viewers back to that fateful night four weeks ago.

Show producer Kate Oates filled Parr in on the shock storyline well ahead of filming, but he had mixed feelings when he learned what was in store.

Speaking about the big reveal for the first time, Parr confessed: "I was nervous when Kate said, 'You shoot him'. I was like, 'My days in this show are numbered then', but then she gave me foresight that I can't disclose right now.

"I have worried about it before when Ross is about to do bad things. You know that soap has to have this moral justice. Characters have to have a comeuppance, or what does that say to our audience?

"I was worried, but with this, if Robert is getting away with killing Katie, hopefully I am getting away with shooting him!"

Emmerdale's shooting mystery has been running for four weeks.

Parr also joked that he was particularly worried about how fans of Robert and his popular relationship with Aaron Livesy would react.

He laughed: "I am going to have all the 'Robron' fans going, 'I can't believe you have done this!' Then I will have all the Ross fans that go, 'Yeah, it's Ross on screen!'

"I am expecting there to be lots of backlash, which I really love. I like to pull them in doing the affectionate scenes, then it's nice to push them away again.

"There was a point where I thought, 'It doesn't matter what I do at the minute, everybody seems to just be cheering for Ross'. Hopefully this will push them away and remind people I am meant to be a villain, so maybe I was doing my job wrong before!"

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...-numbered.html

Now that the episode is played out I gotta say, whilst it is disappointing for the Robert storyline that the main instigator of the shooting is someone who has nothing really to do with Robert, they took Ross on a whole new villainous level! Michael Parr owned the episode and played it out to perfection imo.

I've read a few interviews from Michael Parr who made me think that he doesn't have to leave the show. I mean if Robert can stay in the show for killing Katie, Ross can certainly stay in the show for not killing Robert!

Now that the episode is played out I gotta say, whilst it is disappointing for the Robert storyline that the main instigator of the shooting is someone who has nothing really to do with Robert, they took Ross on a whole new villainous level! Michael Parr owned the episode and played it out to perfection imo.

I've read a few interviews from Michael Parr who made me think that he doesn't have to leave the show. I mean if Robert can stay in the show for killing Katie, Ross can certainly stay in the show for not killing Robert!

Thread Information