Page 311 of 337 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3368

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

To be fair wet flannels are looking more scary than Ross is meant to be nowerdays

IM has ruined Ross.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

deeCee (21-09-2017), helena1414 (21-09-2017), JessicaMad (21-09-2017), lizann (21-09-2017), TaintedLove (21-09-2017)

I don't even like Ross anymore. MP is spot on. The character is absolutley pathetic, running around after Debbie like a lap dog. That's all he does. Literally nothing else. He's like a completley different character. It's a shame as he used to be my favourite.
    Last edited by JessicaMad; 21-09-2017 at 19:42.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessicaMad For This Useful Post:

deeCee (21-09-2017), rossfan (21-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMad View Post
    I don't even like Ross anymore. MP is spot on. The character is absolutley pathetic, running around after Debbie like a lap dog. That's all he does. Literally nothing else. He's like a completley different character. It's a shame as he used to be my favourite.
    indeed. Same here, username for reasons back then.

I do wonder where we would be if Kate Oates had remain in the show, even if she did overwork Ross, MP mentioned in her final months as producer that he was aware Ross was getting a lot of stories, so maybe she could have just shown less of him but still important storylines.

KO has turned Coronation Street around, she's definitely one of the best soap producers we have.

IM, mean while has turned emmerdale into Robrondale and has turned Ross into a "nothing character":
    He's meant to be a hardman, when he tries to be a hardman, he fails and is shown to be quite frankly a bit of a wimp nowerdays. I mean, when Ross tried to get past Cain at the Farm where James was held captive. He barely managed to move Cain! As if! I will also never get over those little wimpish moments (running away from Jimmy King, Moses needle injections, clowns) - all together they have ruined Ross' future as the next Cain/hardman.
    He's then given "comedy" scenes which just don't work for his type of character.
    Last edited by rossfan; 21-09-2017 at 20:29.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

deeCee (21-09-2017), JessicaMad (21-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post
    indeed. Same here, username for reasons back then.

I do wonder where we would be if Kate Oates had remain in the show, even if she did overwork Ross, MP mentioned in her final months as producer that he was aware Ross was getting a lot of stories, so maybe she could have just shown less of him but still important storylines.

KO has turned Coronation Street around, she's definitely one of the best soap producers we have.

IM, mean while has turned emmerdale into Robrondale and has turned Ross into a "nothing character":
    He's meant to be a hardman, when he tries to be a hardman, he fails and is shown to be quite frankly a bit of a wimp nowerdays. I mean, when Ross tried to get past Cain at the Farm where James was held captive. He barely managed to move Cain! As if! I will also never get over those little wimpish moments (running away from Jimmy King, Moses needle injections, clowns) - all together they have ruined Ross' future as the next Cain/hardman.
    He's then given "comedy" scenes which just don't work for his type of character.
    Forget Cain, Ross is the new Jimmy. And I'm not even saying that in a sarcastic way
    Last edited by JessicaMad; 21-09-2017 at 20:34.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessicaMad For This Useful Post:

deeCee (23-09-2017), helena1414 (22-09-2017), rossfan (21-09-2017)

so true!

I still like Ross, and I hope he can still be a big character on the show when IM leaves but at the moment he is a joke. The entire show is really.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (23-09-2017), rossfan (21-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    I still like Ross, and I hope he can still be a big character on the show when IM leaves but at the moment he is a joke. The entire show is really.
    I think this applies to most soaps at the moment .. I only regularly watch Corrie, Emmerdale and occaionally EastEnders of the UK soaps so can`t speak for the others but I am getting bored with the repeat storylines which all of them seem to do.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

deeCee (23-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think this applies to most soaps at the moment .. I only regularly watch Corrie, Emmerdale and occaionally EastEnders of the UK soaps so can`t speak for the others but I am getting bored with the repeat storylines which all of them seem to do.
    The Robert storyline crossed a line tonight aswell. He's drugged an old man, climbed into his bed and stripped without consent and led him to believe that they had sex. Found it so uncomfortable to watch, and it's unbelievable how gullible the Whites are, Lachlan is the only one who can see what's going on.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alcapo11 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (23-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    I see Mike is at it again on twitter...

He was asked whether he thinks Ross is a mini Cain Dingle and his rely was "He used to be. Now he's just a bit of a wet flannel who gets sparked off everyone in the village and gets mugged off all the time by Debbie."

I know it's mainly just banter but I think part of him is probably hoping that IM reads these tweets. Ross is barely recognisable these days, and he's looked so pathetic sitting in the pub everyday mooning around after Debbie. IM has absolutely destroyed his character to pieces, will be really hard to turn it around now.
    What I love about Michael parr is how he always takes the piss and emmerdale fans especially robron fans take his seriously. He is right about his character though

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olivia1896 For This Useful Post:

deeCee (23-09-2017), rossfan (22-09-2017)

wrong post whooppps
    Last edited by SomersetSunShin; 23-09-2017 at 17:23.

Thread Information