Page 45 of 337 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

Agree in part, I don't think he needs to get sent down to have his comeuppance lets face it that never happens but he should suffer in some way for his actions whether it be losing Debbie or being ostracised for his actions or some other way to do 3 attempted murders is too much to get away with in my opinion anyway.

But to be fair with Robert and Andy - Robert didn't intentionally kill Katie yes he acted like a crazed maniac and was in panic mode but it was not premeditated he didn't know she would be there he didn't know the floor would collapse which is what killed her ultimately Robert roped Aaron into covering up the truth when they shouldn't have yes and Max King's death was a result of being caught in the middle of a road rage incident due to the brothers feud that wasn't murder either both cases are manslaughter at best. Ross setting out to kill people in a premeditated way even if he didn't succeed is worse it's only luck he is not already a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by binky321 View Post
    Agree in part, I don't think he needs to get sent down to have his comeuppance lets face it that never happens but he should suffer in some way for his actions whether it be losing Debbie or being ostracised for his actions or some other way to do 3 attempted murders is too much to get away with in my opinion anyway.

But to be fair with Robert and Andy - Robert didn't intentionally kill Katie yes he acted like a crazed maniac and was in panic mode but it was not premeditated he didn't know she would be there he didn't know the floor would collapse which is what killed her ultimately Robert roped Aaron into covering up the truth when they shouldn't have yes and Max King's death was a result of being caught in the middle of a road rage incident due to the brothers feud that wasn't murder either both cases are manslaughter at best. Ross setting out to kill people in a premeditated way even if he didn't succeed is worse it's only luck he is not already a murderer.
    The only person Ross has ever attempted to kill is Robert though to be fair. Ross has come close to killing Pete on occasions but you can always tell that he wont do it that's why he needed to make the pact.

The only person Ross has ever attempted to kill is Robert though to be fair. Ross has come close to killing Pete on occasions but you can always tell that he wont do it that's why he needed to make the pact.

Mike was just having a joke in reply to Charley, there was no meaning there.
    Ross and Debbie will either go away for whatever reason and Mike might find something else during time away and not go back, they'll both be back, together within a year, or Ross will stay and the relationship will carry on whilst Debbie's away with calls, texts, skype being featured a lot
    Last edited by kennedyfan86; 09-11-2015 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    I was very interested to read posts here made today about the future of Ross and Debbie on Emmerdale.

I think that Mike Parr's tweet (on 08/11/15) should really not be taken out of context. I do not think that this is a tweet particularly about Emmerdale, as he seems to have started to learn not to do this since his \"return from the dead\" in the October 22nd episode of Emmerdale. His latest personal tweet to Charley Webb about \"hurry up and do one. X\" is not, in any way, clear in meaning and seems to me in any case to say totally the reverse of what he really wants (i.e. he wants Charley Webb to stay with him in the workplace, or that he really means \"hurry up and do one, and I will be joining you too as I have another job contract lined up\").

What I meant when I wrote about \"joining up random dots to make a picture you want to see here\" was that it is very easy to want something to happen when you start to study something which you don't know the true outcome of. This is what real research and new study is all about. There may not be the outcome you really want waiting for you at the end because no-one has ever studied or done this before. True research and original study means collecting all of the evidence and information, rejecting all of the false leads, accepting all of the valid information, making sure everything fits the latest theory, not \"adjusting\" or ignoring obviously true information, and most importantly, being ready to ditch any theory when some clearly valid information doesn't fit. Eventually, following these ideals, you should get to the correct explanation for anything under study.

I posted here on soapboards previously about how Mike Parr's tweets could be seen as unclear and how they could be interpreted differently by addition of just some extra words from a sceptical and critical viewer.

See my soapboards post at: http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...721#post828721

We all know how Mike Parr mislead his fans and the general public (even outright lied to everyone) in August 2015 about how his Emmerdale character Ross Barton had \"died\". There really was never any need for this and the actor should really have known better at his age and experience and stayed silent as part of his professional and contractual duties to Emmerdale and the general acting profession until his character of Ross Barton returned to Emmerdale with a planned script on TV screens on 25th August. We will maybe never know for sure if any of Mike Parr's/Ross Barton's fans ever killed themselves over Mike Parr's misleading/lying behaviour during the time that Ross Barton was supposed to be \"dead\", but I for one am now definitely an ex-fan of Ross Barton and of the actor, who I consider to be someone who committed the worst possible, unforgiveable and unthinkable actor crime ever against his fans and the general public in my lifelong experience of watching films and TV programmes by publicly misleading/lying that his soap character was falsely dead. I do not ever see me changing my mind on this issue.

I, for one, would be delighted to have the most terrific Christmas present of Ross Barton disappearing from our TV screens on Emmerdale forever.

For now, my impression is that Ross and Debbie have already max-ed out as major Emmerdale characters and are really both very boring now and well overdue for a break from Emmerdale. I reckon that we all really need to move on from this burnt-out stuff and these two yesterday boring characters and that the really interesting storylines to be shown soon on Emmerdale are going to be about Chas, Aaron and Gordon and that we should all switch our main attention to them.

Check out my latest post about Chas, Aaron and Gordon where the really interesting and exciting action is going to be soon at:
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...128#post835128
    I would have thought if anyone had, they would have had bigger problems in their life than whether an actor told some porkies about a storyline.

Great post Telly Watcher

The Chas, Aaron and Gordon storyline is really intriguing me and I'm looking forward to it, I am so ready for a break from all the Ross/Debbie drama,

I dislike the constant criminal element that Ross brings I don't necessarily want Ross axed, I know he's popular with many I've gone off him in recent months myself and I would like someone else to be at the fore front of things in the next few weeks & months. I would like Ross to face some sort of comeuppance though for shooting Robert not too mention all the other stuff he's done and he gets away with far too much sick & criminal acts.

I'm not sure Ross will leave with Debbie as I don't see him being written out for months like she will be... only a few weeks at the most, I don't see her leaving him holding the baby either but could imagine Emma trying to get custody or something like that causing a Dingle v Barton feud maybe

I thought it more likely the truth about Ross shooting comes out within their families at least and she leaves in horror but who knows at this point.
    This is where the Producers of a soap have real problems with creating the right balance for its fans, because for me, I'm sick to the back teeth of Chas and Aaron and their interminably miserable lives.

If we have had too much Ross, then we certainly have had too much Aaron.
    Last edited by deeCee; 09-11-2015 at 17:56.

Quote Originally Posted by kennedyfan86 View Post
    Mike was just having a joke in reply to Charley, there was no meaning there.
    Ross and Debbie will either go away for whatever reason and Mike might find something else during time away and not go back, they'll both be back, together within a year, or Ross will stay and the relationship will carry on whilst Debbie's away with calls, texts, skype being featured a lot
    What makes you so sure they'll stick together? You said it would've made the love triangle pointless, but there are tons of love triangles in soaps and most of the time neither of them are together in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMad View Post
    What makes you so sure they'll stick together? You said it would've made the love triangle pointless, but there are tons of love triangles in soaps and most of the time neither of them are together in the end.
    I wasn't the person who mentioned the love triangle.
    I was putting various scenarios in, they might split up cause of Charity and that's why Debbie leaves, for all we know. All we know is she's definitely being temporarily written out, if she's taking anyone with her or not remains to be seen as frustrating as it is

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMad View Post
    I wasn't the person who mentioned the love triangle.
    I was putting various scenarios in, they might split up cause of Charity and that's why Debbie leaves, for all we know. All we know is she's definitely being temporarily written out, if she's taking anyone with her or not remains to be seen as frustrating as it is

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kennedyfan86 For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (09-11-2015), Perdita (09-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kennedyfan86 View Post
    [B}I wasn't the person who mentioned the love triangle.[/B]
    BIB:, Apologies, my mistake.

It is definitely frustrating not knowing anything about the exit plot, but it's airing in a few weeks so we must here something soon?

Thread Information