Page 36 of 337 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

Oh, Ross, just what have you done? What a truly terrible and sad end to become such a twisted nutcase character on primetime ITV. I, and many others, really liked Ross before Pete 'killed' him outside Hotton hospital. There seems to be no way back now for you, Ross, mert. Maybe no upcoming gooey kiddy scenes will be good enough really and able to save you? Maybe Ross now needs to be put back into his 'box' so that we can all move on and be saved from any more of the nutty scally chavy scenes which seem to be those destined for him. Ross's scally 'lad' character has truly been overdone and completely blown now, I and many others online have all thought. I really don't think that the Yorkshire countryside in and around Emmerdale is suitable for any kind of nutcase like Ross. I, for one, am so sorry that Ross has completely lost it. It was nice knowing Ross before he became a potential/real nightmare to any normal TV viewers and kids watching ITV from 7pm on weekdays. Well done, Kate Oates, for showing everyone in UK what Ross really is like and what Mike Parr agreed to act out on primetime ITV for whatever he gets paid to do. Enjoy the money while it lasts, mert. Is Ross the most hated man in Britain right now? I just wish there was some place where I and everyone else in UK could bet on this for reasonable odds above evens return.

I thought the episode was good but I didn't want it to be Ross they have over used him this year causing me to be fed up with the character, I loved Ross since he arrived but his relationship with Debbie wasn't believable - I didn't see the chemistry he had with Donna.

I didn't enjoy his role in the crash episodes either and too many Murder plots for him & others.

I don't think you can compare what Ross did with Robert to Katie - that was an accident one that was covered up but it certainly wasn't planned and only happened because the floor collapsed in the rotten barn at Wylies farm, Ross has beat several people into coma's with his recklessness with a callous intent they have now made him a sinister villain.

Emmerdale's tactic of giving him cute scenes with April/Moses to make him more human or get the ahh factor doesn't wash either to redeem him to viewers.

Ross doesn't necessarily have to leave the show & I don't think he will at least not yet they can give him his comeuppance without that like this is Robert's & Cain had a similar once a few years ago when he got out of hand. I just wish the shooter was someone involved with Robert as it has been taken it away from Robert & is now a Ross story line.

And more importantly I really want poor Aaron out of jail

I suspect that what we are seeing with Ross's latest nutcase scenes involving Robert's shooting and Pete's viaduct 'suicide' (etc...) are linked into a Ross Emmerdale exit storyline? We all know, as soap viewers, that nearly all Emmerdale 'bad lads' are brought into the show, get fast storylines and leave by burning out sooner rather than later. Mike Parr wouldn't say recently if his Emmerdale contract has been extended but this usually gets renewed every 12 months, so it is due to expire around now, however. Kate Oates brought Ross into Emmerdale during 2013. Maybe she takes him out with her too by the time she leaves as Emmerdale Series Producer by the end of December 2015? Time will tell.

Ross Barton appears at Butler's Farm on October 24th 2013 with a gunshot wound after a dodgy criminal act he agreed to be involved in went wrong
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...ine-twist.html

When Ross was buried by Pete and was dead, I thought ED had made a grave error getting rid of such a complex character, but now it would have been better to have him killed and buried rather than the slow death of the character that we're now seeing. Next week, he bashes Pete in the head AGAIN, then he hangs him over a bridge - doesn't this constitute torture - and then tries to force him, a sufferer of depression, to commit suicide. It's just vile and unpleasant.

Remember at Cain and Moira's wedding, and Pete and Ross were either side of Finn and started tickling him to get him to cry out? Oh for more moments like that . You know, NORMAL family moments

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    I suspect that what we are seeing with Ross's latest nutcase scenes involving Robert's shooting and Pete's viaduct 'suicide' (etc...) are linked into a Ross Emmerdale exit storyline? We all know, as soap viewers, that nearly all Emmerdale 'bad lads' are brought into the show, get fast storylines and leave by burning out sooner rather than later. Mike Parr wouldn't say recently if his Emmerdale contract has been extended but this usually gets renewed every 12 months, so it is due to expire around now, however. Kate Oates brought Ross into Emmerdale during 2013. Maybe she takes him out with her too by the time she leaves as Emmerdale Series Producer by the end of December 2015? Time will tell.

Ross Barton appears at Butler's Farm on October 24th 2013 with a gunshot wound after a dodgy criminal act he agreed to be involved in went wrong
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...ine-twist.html
    Its certainly looking that way.

Last edited by deeCee; 24-10-2015 at 15:40.

There are ways they can "help" Ross. There is obviously something that goes deeper with him and it's something I wish they would explore. He doesn't need to leave as such but I do think he would benefit from having some proper help. Prison could be where he is heading though. The thing with Ross is he has obviously had a troubled life and the stuff he does could be all he knows. I'm in no way excusing any of his behaviour but people don't just go around behaving like they do unless they have serious issues. Pete leaving him for dead has hit a nerve with him and all he sees right now is anger. I don't particularly like him at the moment and him being the shooter is disappointing. I like characters with layers to them though and he certainly has that.

I don't think he will leave with Kate as he has spoken about the new guy coming in. I don't think he will be a long term character either though and Michael Parr has hinted that he wont be there forever. An announcement about a departure for him will not surprise me whenever it comes whether it's this year, next year, 2 years. As I expect it. His contract was up in August though so there must have been some sort of extension

DeeCee I agree about the family moments. It's a shame we don't see more of that aswell. It's nice to see that side to them.
    Last edited by Dalesfan; 24-10-2015 at 17:28.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

deeCee (25-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesfan View Post
    There are ways they can "help" Ross. There is obviously something that goes deeper with him and it's something I wish they would explore. He doesn't need to leave as such but I do think he would benefit from having some proper help. Prison could be where he is heading though. The thing with Ross is he has obviously had a troubled life and the stuff he does could be all he knows. I'm in no way excusing any of his behaviour but people don't just go around behaving like they do unless they have serious issues. Pete leaving him for dead has hit a nerve with him and all he sees right now is anger. I don't particularly like him at the moment and him being the shooter is disappointing. I like characters with layers to them though and he certainly has that.

I don't think he will leave with Kate as he has spoken about the new guy coming in. I don't think he will be a long term character either though and Michael Parr has hinted that he wont be there forever. An announcement about a departure for him will not surprise me whenever it comes whether it's this year, next year, 2 years. As I expect it. His contract was up in August though so there must have been some sort of extension

DeeCee I agree about the family moments. It's a shame we don't see more of that aswell. It's nice to see that side to them.
    Pete is the second person to try and kill Ross, I think his mental state was probably affected. Perhaps damage was done when Emma tried to smother him.
    Ross hasn't had any female influence growing up, that's why he was desperate for Emma to stick around, he needs females in his life, but his mad mother isn't one of them. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, we know where Ross gets his mad ideas from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesfan View Post

Pete is the second person to try and kill Ross, I think his mental state was probably affected. Perhaps damage was done when Emma tried to smother him.
    Ross hasn't had any female influence growing up, that's why he was desperate for Emma to stick around, he needs females in his life, but his mad mother isn't one of them. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, we know where Ross gets his mad ideas from.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kennedyfan86 For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (25-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kennedyfan86 View Post
    The Jesuits have a saying - Give me a child til he is
    seven and I will show you the man.( I don't
    subscribe to the theory but children are affected
    by their early childhood experiences)

None of the three brothers had much female
    influence when growing up( only a non too
    bright father)but Pete was under Emmas influence
    longest and Finn least which might explain
    why he is the nicest.

I liked Ross and distrusted Pete - but I think
    unless things change radically - I think they've
    lost the plot!!

I would be surprised if Ross left soon- but
    not at him taking a break?.

I do agree that Emma has a serious mental
    health problem but find the tendency of some
    to.put it down solely to PND is an insult to
    the majority of women who have had the
    illness!
    It is very serious and can cause women to
    behave completely out of character.
    Emmas behaviour is far too controlling and
    extreme.Id hope this will be addressed
    eventually
    I hope they can write their way out of the
    quagmire this storyline has become -
    with some believability!?
    Last edited by maidmarian; 25-10-2015 at 02:02.

Thread Information