Page 17 of 337 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Barton (Michael Parr)

What I really think is going to happen with Ross, is that he's going to stay as a missing person for few months to come. Mike Parr will that way have a nice break too to try out new things -maybe Strictly? ;)

Pete panics when Emma and James go to mortuary to identify the body, and under pressure ends up telling the truth(or some of it-that they had a fight and he left Ross for dead..), later when the body found turns out not to be Ross and everyone knows what Pete has done, they turn against him and Debbie wants him out, even thinking to call the police. That's why James is begging Debbie to give Pete bit more time. Pete goes to check where he left Ross,maybe thinking to bury him properly- only to find out that he's not there. This takes Pete to a very dark place. His family has turned their back on him, Debbie has left him..He's struggling with his guilt and now even panicking about Ross coming back. I have a feeling that Mike Parr has indeed left the show-but hopefully only temporarily.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Dalesfan (14-08-2015)

Michael Parr signed a new 1 year contract last year. Reportedly August. So yes it would be up now. And Seeing as he has left the show now the timing does sound about right. They wrapped the Summer Fate stuff early July. This would mean he still had a few weeks left in his contract? Now I'm not really sure how it all works. BUT he was still seen at the studios in these last few weeks. This is why people still think it doesn't add up. If they have Killed Ross then he wouldn't be needed at the studios as there would be nothing for him to film. Unless he isn't really dead comes back or is found. Has some pretty nasty injuries and then leaves the show.

Mariba I can see your theory being possible. I think it definitely could happen
    Last edited by Dalesfan; 14-08-2015 at 17:28.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

Telly Watcher (14-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalesfan View Post
    Michael Parr signed a new 1 year contract last year. Reportedly August. So yes it would be up now. And Seeing as he has left the show now the timing does sound about right. They wrapped the Summer Fate stuff early July. This would mean he still had a few weeks left in his contract? Now I'm not really sure how it all works. BUT he was still seen at the studios in these last few weeks. This is why people still think it doesn't add up. If they have Killed Ross then he wouldn't be needed at the studios as there would be nothing for him to film. Unless he isn't really dead comes back or is found. Has some pretty nasty injuries and then leaves the show.

I guess if they did get rid of him before the contract expired then they'd have to give him redundancy pay I imagine.

Mike's still in contact with the production office regardless of whatever's happening.

Do any cast or crew come on this forum? Have always wondered.

I guess if they did get rid of him before the contract expired then they'd have to give him redundancy pay I imagine.

Mike's still in contact with the production office regardless of whatever's happening.

Do any cast or crew come on this forum? Have always wondered.

april will be so sad even more if ross is dead don't think he is

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mariba (15-08-2015)

Dalesfan wrote:
    "Michael Parr signed a new 1 year contract last year. Reportedly August."

This new spoiler info is interesting.

Mike Parr joined Emmerdale as Ross during 2013 and appeared first on July 9th as an unknown criminal character when he car-jacked Laurel in town. This appearance was presumably a screen-test which he was successful in as he eventually became a regular Emmerdale character on October 24th. In this episode, he showed up at Butlers Farm with a gunshot wound from a dodgy deal which had backfired and which Cain, being smart, had previously turned down and given to him, saying it was an easy job. It was at the farm that Moira realised that he was her dead husbands's brother's son named Ross, so she allowed him to stay. The other Barton brothers moved into the farm afterwards.

It sounds like Mike Parr's initial regular Emmerdale contract ran to August 2014 and was renewed to expire by August 2015. This means that he may now be out of contract and free from Emmerdale.

I'd like Ross to come back sooner or later, and a number of storylines would fit the spoiler info we know for now which would make this work.

But I'm now going to imagine an alternative storyline, in which Mike Parr doesn't come back and which also fits the spoiler info we know for now.

7270 Monday 24 August 7pm – 7.30pm. Pete makes a confession / Not realising what has gone on at the mortuary, Pete drops a bombshell.
    7271/72 Tuesday 25 August 7pm – 8pm. James begs Debbie for time
    7273 Wednesday 26 August 2015 7pm – 7.30pm. Pete is rejected by his family
    7274/75 Thursday 27 August 2015 7pm - 8pm. Pete faces up to the past
    7276 Friday 28 August 7pm – 7.30pm. Emma relishes being needed

James and Emma go to the mortuary on Monday 24th and the body is Ross. Emma is devastated and heart-broken and blames Cain, as he had a motive to kill Ross for having a relationship with Debbie whilst she was going out with/engaged to Pete. Following Emma's suspicions about Cain, the police now think Cain has murdered Ross but have yet to prove it through forensics and questioning. Whilst James and Emma are at the morgue, Pete cracks at his house and tells Debbie what he really did to Ross. When James and Emma come back from the mortuary, Debbie tells James what Pete has done. Debbie says that she's going to the police to help save her father Cain from a murder charge but James says to wait, hoping that police enquiries and forensics can rule out Cain as having any opportunity for killing Ross and dumping the body where the police found it. Debbie and the Barton family then tell Pete that they want him out of their lives, as they are scared of what he's capable of and he has killed the middle Barton son. They also close ranks and don't tell the police anything just yet. Pete broods about what to do next. As his job at the farm is gone and he no longer has any earnings, he thinks about owning up to the police to get Cain off the hook for murder, or going on the run, or laying low in Emmerdale whilst making money from dodgy deals. Whatever he decides, he's on his own for now. In the meantime, Emma restarts her relationship with James at the farm and sets about bringing the Barton family back together now that Pete is no longer part of it.

We should have spoiler info for episodes for August 31st - September 4th from around August 19th next week, so this should help to guess more next week about which storyline the Emmerdale storywriters might have written for August 24th-28th.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 14-08-2015 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    Dalesfan wrote:

Mike Parr joined Emmerdale as Ross during 2013 and appeared first on July 9th as an unknown criminal character when he car-jacked Laurel in town. This appearance was presumably a screen-test which he was successful in as he eventually became a regular Emmerdale character on October 24th. In this episode, he showed up at Butlers Farm with a gunshot wound from a dodgy deal which had backfired and which Cain, being smart, had previously turned down and given to him, saying it was an easy job. It was at the farm that Moira realised that he was her dead husbands's brother's son named Ross, so she allowed him to stay. The other Barton brothers moved into the farm afterwards.

It sounds like Mike Parr's initial regular Emmerdale contract ran to August 2014 and was renewed to expire by August 2015. This means that he may now be out of contract and free from Emmerdale.

I'd like Ross to come back sooner or later, and a number of storylines would fit the spoiler info we know for now which would make this work.

But I'm now going to imagine an alternative storyline, in which Mike Parr doesn't come back and which also fits the spoiler info we know for now.

7270 Monday 24 August 7pm – 7.30pm. Pete makes a confession / Not realising what has gone on at the mortuary, Pete drops a bombshell.

James and Emma go to the mortuary on Monday 24th and the body is Ross. Emma is devastated and heart-broken and blames Cain, as he had a motive to kill Ross for having a relationship with Debbie whilst she was going out with/engaged to Pete. Following Emma's suspicions about Cain, the police now think Cain has murdered Ross but have yet to prove it through forensics and questioning. Whilst James and Emma are at the morgue, Pete cracks at his house and tells Debbie what he really did to Ross. When James and Emma come back from the mortuary, Debbie tells James what Pete has done. Debbie says that she's going to the police to help save her father Cain from a murder charge but James says to wait, hoping that police enquiries and forensics can rule out Cain as having any opportunity for killing Ross and dumping the body where the police found it. Debbie and the Barton family then tell Pete that they want him out of their lives, as they are scared of what he's capable of and he has killed the middle Barton son. They also close ranks and don't tell the police anything just yet. Pete broods about what to do next. As his job at the farm is gone and he no longer has any earnings, he thinks about owning up to the police to get Cain off the hook for murder, or going on the run, or laying low in Emmerdale whilst making money from dodgy deals. Whatever he decides, he's on his own for now. In the meantime, Emma restarts her relationship with James at the farm and sets about bringing the Barton family back together now that Pete is no longer part of it.

We should have spoiler info for episodes for August 31st - September 4th from around August 19th next week, so this should help to guess more next week about which storyline the Emmerdale storywriters might have written for August 24th-28th.
    Screen tests usually happen after auditions, they get a sample script and a director and casting director. Mike found out he had the part in May 2013 and knew he was going to be a series regular at that point, he just had to keep quiet for the 3 months after the carjacking episode aired.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kennedyfan86 For This Useful Post:

Telly Watcher (15-08-2015)

Dalesfan wrote:

Screen tests usually happen after auditions, they get a sample script and a director and casting director are there. Mike found out he had the part in May 2013 and knew he was going to be a series regular at that point, he just had to keep quiet for the 3 months after the carjacking episode aired.
    Last edited by kennedyfan86; 15-08-2015 at 00:05.

Perdita wrote yesterday:
    >
    Pete is terrified as he watches James and Emma head off to identify the body and he tells Finn to prepare himself for the worst. Not realising what has gone on at the mortuary, Pete drops a bombshell.
    >

After more thought on this, I now think that Pete cracks at the house and tells Finn what he really did to Ross. When James comes back from the mortuary, Finn tells James what Pete has done to Ross, and Debbie also gets told too by Finn or James or Pete.

The alternative storyline theory becomes...

James and Emma go to the mortuary on Monday 24th and the body is Ross. Emma is devastated and heart-broken and blames Cain, as he had a motive to kill Ross for having a relationship with Debbie whilst she was going out with/engaged to Pete. Following Emma's suspicions about Cain, the police now think Cain has murdered Ross but have yet to prove it through forensics and questioning. Whilst James and Emma are at the mortuary, Pete cracks at his house and tells Finn what he really did to Ross. When James and Emma come back from the mortuary, Finn tells James what Pete has done. Debbie also gets told too by Finn or James or Pete. Debbie says that she's going to the police to help save her father Cain from a murder charge but James says to wait, hoping that police enquiries and forensics can rule out Cain as having any opportunity for killing Ross and dumping the body where the police found it. Debbie and the Barton family then tell Pete that they want him out of their lives, as they are scared of what he's capable of and he has killed the middle Barton son. They also close ranks and don't tell the police anything just yet. Pete broods about what to do next. As his job at the farm is gone and he no longer has any earnings, he thinks about owning up to the police to get Cain off the hook for murder, or going on the run, or laying low in Emmerdale whilst making money from dodgy deals. Whatever he decides, he's on his own for now. In the meantime, Emma restarts her relationship with James at the farm and sets about bringing the Barton family back together now that Pete is no longer part of it.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 15-08-2015 at 08:57.

Telly Watcher wrote yesterday on the Ross Barton thread:
    >

>

I've thought further now on this and realised that the regular Emmerdale contracts for the other Bartons should also have expired around now, that's for James, Finn, Pete and Emma.

Anthony Quinlan (Pete) and Joe Gill (Finn) were announced as cast members on 5/11/13 and both appeared on TV during the episode for December 6th 2013.

Bill Ward (James) was announced as a cast member on 29/09/13 and appeared on TV during the episode for October 25th 2013.

Gillian Kearney (Emma) was announced as a cast member on 11/08/14 and appeared on TV during the episode for January 2nd 2015.

If their contracts were like Ross', and starting in August, then their regular contracts would have been due for renewal after 1 year and should also have expired around August 2015? Emma joined the Emmerdale cast around August 2014, so her 1 year contract should also have expired around August 2015?

This could mean that all of the Bartons may have completed filming now and are up for leaving Emmerdale when the episodes already filmed with them in get shown up to about October 2015? I wonder if this whole-family Barton clear-out is amongst what Kate Oates has planned as part of the 'cast cull' we've been told to expect in the news?

So what could happen by October 2015?

Maybe Pete gets written out by going to prison for a long time for murdering Ross?

Maybe James gets written out by being killed by 'dangerous' Emma?

Perhaps Emma kills James and herself at the same time or she goes to prison or just leaves Emmerdale?

Now that Val is gone and Finn no longer has a surrogate mother, maybe he is left as the surviving/free Barton member who leaves the village to go somewhere else by October 2015. He does have a university degree so I suppose he could finally use that and get a proper career somewhere else away from Emmerdale? Finn did plan to go to Tokyo for a new life during 2014 but didn't have the money to go, that's when he asked Declan for a job reference for another job somewhere (not sure where, UK?) but didn't get it because it was a poor reference.

All of this is hypothetical, of course, I'm only suggesting these things as there are completed filmed episodes waiting to be shown on TV up to October 2015 and a lot like this could happen in such a long time as this is soapland.

This contract issue for the Barton family could explain a lot about why the real Ross storyline could be that Ross has really been killed off by Pete and that Mike Parr has really left Emmerdale (to be followed by the other cast members of the Barton family?).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Barton

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ale_characters

Thread Information