Thread: How do I get rid of Voice Mail?

How do I get rid of Voice Mail?

I have a notification message that pops up on my mobile phone every day, that says I have a new voicemail. I have dialled the voicemail number but it says "you have no new messages and no saved messages". I have wasted nearly a £1 trying to get rid of the message. I know that's not a lot of money, but it is really frustrating me that my phone insists I have a Voicemail message when I blatantly haven't!!! I have tried talking to my provider, O2, but they couldn't help. Can anyone on this forum give me any help? Thanks!! p.s. I have an LG android phone.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Do you use your Voicemail often or like having the option there for your callers to leave messages? If it doesn't really bother you, I would deactivate your voicemail.

Otherwise, I would see if you can find any contact details for LG to ask them, as O2 couldn't help. If it was a simple fix, I would have expected someone in the O2 shop to be able to do it for you. You could also post on the giffgaff community to see if anyone there can help you, as they seem quite technical. You don't need to be on the network to sign up to ask a question.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

megan999 (07-10-2013)

If you go into your telephone app and press the menu button you should get a settings menu. You may be able to disable the notifications there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

megan999 (07-10-2013)

Kim - I have deactivated my voicemail (did this last week) but notification still there. Will try to go on giffgaff forum as you suggested. Thanks for your advice

Dazzle - couldn't work out how to turn off the voicemail notification on my phone. Thanks anyway Will follow Kim's advice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by megan999; 07-10-2013 at 12:58. Reason: duplicated

Went onto the giffgaff forum to post a question and got told off because I'm not with giffgaff!! Off to the O2 shop I go then.....

When I went to the o2 shop they were no help getting rid of the message.
    But happily, my Voice Mail Notification has now disappeared all by itself, 6 months after I first got it!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-12-2013), Perdita (21-12-2013)

Thread Information