Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea (Hayley Tamaddon)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    She could have told him that. Anyway why is her husband on the war path then?
    Maybe he thinks he still has a chance with her as they're still legally married?

Coronation Street star Hayley Tamaddon has revealed that she is hoping for a future between her character Andrea Beckett and Andrea's boyfriend Lloyd Mullaney.

It will soon be revealed that Andrea has been keeping secret from Lloyd (Craig Charles) the fact that she is married, and Tamaddon said that her character has been in turmoil.

She explained: "Andrea has been married for 20 years but her husband Neil works away.

"On this occasion Neil has been away for four months and comes home to visit - but in the four months that he's been away, Andrea has fallen head over heels for someone else."

Tamaddon also said that her character has not been intentionally misleading either Lloyd or Neil.

"I don't think she's [Andrea] a bad person; I just think she's lied so much now that it's completely out of control.

"It's spiralled out of control because what started off as a bit of fun has now turned into her being madly in love."

On how the two men would react to Andrea's secret being revealed, Tamaddon revealed that she hopes they would be able to forgive Andrea.

"Neil is a huge softie and I think he would take Andrea back in a heartbeat, no matter what she did to him.

"He's the kind of guy that would say to Andrea that he didn't care what she'd done, as long as she didn't leave him."

She continued: "I hope [Lloyd] will be able to forgive her, but I've just filmed some really heartbreaking scenes between them... who knows what will happen and whether he can forgive her for hiding the truth?!"

She was after Steve first so she must have had a number of affairs

Coronation Street star Hayley Tamaddon has revealed that her character Andrea Beckett will be left devastated once again when her ex-husband Neil refuses to leave her alone.

As Andrea attempts to move on from her past and looks forward to a new life with Lloyd, they are shocked to discover that Neil is planning to stay in Weatherfield.

Tamaddon said: "They are absolutely gutted to be honest. They're finally back on their feet as a couple and feel ready to move on with their lives together.

"When they thought that Neil was moving away to the Philippines it was the news they really needed as they thought they'd finally be able to put the past in the past, so when he strolls into the Rovers it's so unexpected.

"They are horrified that he's decided to give up the job so he can stay around to pursue Andrea instead."

With Neil continuing to pester them, Andrea finds herself trapped in a difficult situation once again.

Tamaddon said: "She's stuck really. She can't really do any more than she's doing by telling Neil over and over that the marriage is dead and that she loves someone else.

"Andrea doesn't want to hurt Neil, he's not done anything wrong along the way, and she's just fallen out of love with him. Andrea is worried about it though. She doesn't want Neil to come between her and Lloyd."

Speaking about the future for Andrea, Tamaddon added: "I'm so happy here at Corrie and I love playing Andrea, so anything that's thrown at the character I'll be happy with.

"I'd like to see her and Lloyd have some uninterrupted happiness for a while, if they ever manage to escape Neil!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-08-2014)

I hate this character. Don't see what these men see in her. They are better off without her.

Coronation Street star Hayley Tamaddon has revealed that she wants her character Andrea Beckett to tie the knot with Lloyd Mullaney.

The on-screen couple have recently overcome some big obstacles in their relationship, as they made it through weeks of harassment from Andrea's estranged husband Neil (Will Travis).

Andrea originally pursued Lloyd (Craig Charles) while she was still attached to Neil, but the Weatherfield cabbie later forgave her for lying to him.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the Inside Soap Awards 2014 this week, Tamaddon commented: "Now that Neil has gone, Lloyd and Andrea are just relaxing and being a couple at the moment. It's lovely. We're going to see them in the flat together and getting to know each other better.

"Hopefully we're going to see their relationship develop. I'd love to see them getting married and having babies and all sorts, but I think that's because I love Corrie and I'm quite happy to stay. There's scope for a lot with those two.

"Andrea has also got a daughter who we haven't met yet, so you never know, she might pop up at some stage."

Whatever happens, Andrea will be sticking around on the cobbles for at least another year as Tamaddon recently signed a new contract with the ITV show.

Asked about her future storylines, the actress added: "I don't know very much, to be honest - I'm quite happy doing what I'm told for the moment! But to be signed for another year is just amazing."

Goodbye Hayley

Hayley Tamaddon is to say farewell to Weatherfield - as part of one of the dramatic plots which will be central to Corrie’s huge live episode week.

Details of the storyline are being kept under wraps but the door will be left open for a possible return in the future.

Hayley joined the show in late 2013 as a Andrea Beckett, a night school friend of Steve McDonald. Her obsession with Steve caused him problems with girlfriend Michelle, but Andrea soon caught the eye of Steve’s mate Lloyd Mullaney played by Craig Charles.

They started dating but Andrea had kept one important detail from lovestruck Lloyd - she was married with a grown up daughter!

Having overcome that obstacle and the fact that Lloyd’s daughter Jenna objected to the relationship the couple grew closer and Andrea moved into Lloyd’s flat.

Hayley will start filming her exit storyline in July and will be on screen until September, she will be involved in the live episode being screened as part of ITV’s 60th anniversary celebrations.

Stuart Blackburn said:

“Hayley has brought real magic to the Corrie cobbles, funny, energetic, totally professional and a joy to be around as a friend and colleague alike she'll be sorely missed and I'd simply like to wish her all the very best for the future.”

Hayley said:

“I came into Corrie for 3 months and have stayed for 2 years! I will be so sad to leave, I have had the best two years of my life here, it really is one big family. Everyone looks out for each other and I’ve made some incredible friends.

“I am excited about my exit storyline and the fact that it is part of the live episode. Corrie has given me a great platform to hopefully go on to work on other dramas but I’d never rule out a return to Weatherfield as I love it so much.

“I am looking forward to what the future holds but in the meantime there is still plenty more to be done here.”
    Last edited by alan45; 28-04-2015 at 12:43.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-04-2015), lizann (28-04-2015), maidmarian (28-04-2015), tammyy2j (28-04-2015)

Excellent news - apart from the bit about the door being left open for a possible return!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

alan45 (29-04-2015), lizann (28-04-2015), swmc66 (28-04-2015), tammyy2j (28-04-2015)

Yes good news

I hope Andrea does return at some point.

Thread Information