Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Andrea (Hayley Tamaddon)

Glad she is going. Not sure what she added to the show. Lloyd better when he is on his own

I had hoped better for her, was fun when she was attracted to Steve but the Andrea/Lloyd pairing did not work for me. I am glad though that both seem to be leaving together

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (19-05-2015)

Coronation Street's Andrea Beckett will jeopardise her relationship with Lloyd Mullaney next week when she steals one of his most valued records in order to raise some quick cash.

When her daughter Jess calls up and asks for urgent help to pay her rent, Andrea feels backed into a corner and takes shocking action.

After stealing from Lloyd, Andrea is plagued with guilt when he kindly comes up with ideas to help her, but when he realises what she has done, their relationship looks like it could be in serious trouble.

As Andrea packs her bags and prepares to leave, Lloyd has to decide whether or not he will be able to forgive her.

Here, Hayley Tamaddon - who plays Andrea - discusses Hayley's shocking stealing decision and what the future now holds for her and Lloyd.

What's the state of Lloyd and Andrea's relationship at this point?
    "They are okay. Up until the point where she starts lying to him, the relationship has been going well. He's definitely still the man for her, she absolutely worships the ground he walks on and she doesn't want to be with anyone else."

Andrea's daughter Jess gets in touch and asks for help. What kind of trouble is she in?
    "Jess is in need of £1000 to pay her rent because her flatmate has ditched her and left her in a right old mess and she's really scared the bailiffs are going to come. She's really behind with her rent and she's in trouble, so she asks her mum to lend it to her. The only way Andrea can get her hands on that sort of money is to either ask for it, which she doesn't want to do as she's a bit embarrassed, or do something else, a bit bad, which is steal one of Lloyd's records!"

© ITV
    LLoyd offers to sell some records to help Andrea

Why does Andrea not ask Lloyd to lend her the cash?
    "She brings it up and Lloyd says, 'I've got £40, you can have that'. So he's clearly not going to lend her the sort of money she needs and he's not very sympathetic about Jess's situation. He says his daughter doesn't ask him for money but Andrea points out she does and they should look after their kids. Then she just thinks, 'If you're not going to help me then I'll do it on my own'."

Andrea decides to steal and sell one of Lloyd's discs. Why does she do this? Does she think he won't notice?
    "I think because of the amount of records he has, she probably think he won't notice that one has gone missing. But having said that, they have previously had a conversation about records where this particular one was brought up. He said, 'This is my favourite ever record and it's worth a thousand pounds'. She thinks, 'Okay, there you go, I've got my £1000'. Maybe she thinks he won't even know it's gone but he does!"

© ITV
    Lloyd catches Andrea getting into a taxi

Would she ever consider coming clean?
    "I don't think she'd ever have come clean had he not noticed it wasn't there - she would have just been pleased that she'd got away with it. In her mind she didn't steal a thousand pounds in cash from him, she just thinks it's one record and she can help Jess out."

How does Lloyd find out what she's done?
    "He finds out because Andrea leaves her phone on the table in the pub when she goes to the toilet. While she's in there the guy she's sold the record to rings up. Lloyd takes the call and he's horrified. He says, 'I can't believe you've done this to me, you've lied again and stolen from me, that's it'. He's very angry."

Andrea packs up and makes to leave the street. why does she decide to leave?
    "Andrea realises what she's done IS wrong and she knows he'll never forgive her for it so she decides to leave, thinking it's the best thing all round."

Could this be the end of their relationship?
    "Andrea knows pretty quickly that he's not going to forgive her for this. She thinks he'll just dump her anyway because she's lied again, so she may as well pack and leave. He can't believe she's prepared to just go and not talk about it."

Do you think Lloyd will let her go?
    "The state he's in and the way she feels, he might not have a choice. She just doesn't think he'll ever forgive her so there's not really another option for her. Lloyd needs to give her the option to stay."

If they do manage to patch things up, has the relationship been permanently damaged because of what she's done?
    "I think they could get back on track - they've crossed enough hurdles so far. This is another stupid error on her part, she should have just been honest with him. But if he loves her, and I think he does, then maybe he can forgive her."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Hayley Tamaddon has a cheeky plan for the soap's live episode - refuse to leave the cobbles so she can stay in the show.

The actress made the light-hearted threat on ITV's Good Morning Britain today (August 10) as she discussed her involvement in the upcoming special broadcast.

One of the storylines planned for Corrie's live episode will see Tamaddon's character Andrea Beckett leave the Street with her partner Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles).

The character of Andrea has been written out by show bosses and Tamaddon has made no secret of the fact that she'd love to stay.

Speaking today, the actress laughed: "I leave during the live episode, which is really exciting. I've got a few weeks off now because I've filmed all my things right the way up until the live episode, because we're a few weeks in advance.

"What I thought I might do is that when I go to leave, when Lloyd says, 'Come on babe, let's go', I might just go, 'You know what? I don't think I will!' I think I might just go back in The Rovers and have a drink! Can you imagine?"

Addressing her Corrie bosses, she added: "I won't do it, I promise!"

Lloyd is exiting the Street as Craig Charles has decided to concentrate on two new series of Red Dwarf, which will see him reprise his role as Dave Lister.

Tamaddon added: "Me and Craig are leaving together and hopefully one day they might bring us back together. I am so in love with Corrie, it's just an amazing job."

Coronation Street will air the live broadcast on Wednesday, September 23.

Always a shame when an actor is taken out as collateral damage when someone else decides to leave.

Michelle and Steve must be Blackburn's favourite couple. With his record for affair storylines, surely they could have kept her on and put her with Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Always a shame when an actor is taken out as collateral damage when someone else decides to leave.
    I know what you mean, but personally I can't say I'm sorry to see Andrea leaving. I don't think she brings much to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I know what you mean, but personally I can't say I'm sorry to see Andrea leaving. I don't think she brings much to the show.
    She doesn't add much to the show, but there are characters I would love to see the back of before Andrea. It also seems unfair in that it seems to be one rule for one and another for another. Jason, for instance, doesn't seem to do anything much either but seems immune from a cull because he's Eileen's son. Andrea hasn't been developed outside of being Steve's friend and Lloyd's girlfriend and if she had, it may have saved her.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-08-2015)

Really apalling what she did. Lloyd better off without her as she lied and covered up re marriage at the beginning as well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-08-2015), maidmarian (11-08-2015)

Hayley Tamaddon has revealed that her character Andrea Beckett will feel "shocked and confused" after discovering she is pregnant.

Upcoming scenes will see Andrea learn that she is having her ex-partner Lloyd Mullaney's baby, but will then be left wondering how to break the news to him.

Andrea's worried are escalated when she learns about Lloyd's new relationship with Liz McDonald. Although Lloyd's true feelings lie with Andrea, he feels obliged to stay with Liz following their one-night stand due to his loyalty to his best friend Steve.

As Liz relishes in her new romance next week, Lloyd is forced to act relieved when Eileen confirms that Andrea's moved out of No.11, Lloyd tries to look relieved.

However, Eileen is later stunned when Andrea turns up on her doorstep in tears, revealing she's pregnant with Lloyd's child.

Tamaddon said: "Andrea is very shocked and confused. Because of everything that has happened with Lloyd she feels incredibly alone."

"This was not on her radar at all. I think she was just so happy being with Lloyd and she felt so happy in their relationship.

"Her daughter is grown up now so she's not had a baby for a long time! I do think she really wanted to marry Lloyd though."

Although Andrea initially swears Eileen to secrecy over the pregnancy, her secret looks set to come out when Michael finds the pregnancy test and believes it to be Eileen's.

Tamaddon said: "Andrea knows Lloyd would make a great dad, that's not the issue. He was amazing with Jenna and she knows that together they would make great parents. She's just got to convince him to take her back.

"Andrea says to him that he's with with Liz now and this prevents her from telling him about the baby straight away - there is another obstacle in their way and she worries how he will react.

"I think she thinks she's lost Lloyd to Liz, but she doesn't give up hope and trying. When she eventually talks to Lloyd, there are a lot of tears."

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-09-2015), maidmarian (01-09-2015), Ruffed_lemur (07-09-2015)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...PcuoCr6xa3QImY

Pregnant at 42 ... hope it all goes well for her

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (16-10-2019)

Thread Information