Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Terese Willis (Rebekah Elmaloglou)

Terese Willis receives upsetting news on Neighbours next week as Karl Kennedy confirms that she has breast cancer.

These brand new pictures show the moment that Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) receives her diagnosis after a few days on tenterhooks over her health.

Next week's Neighbours episodes open with Terese being told by David Tanaka that a biopsy has put her in the clear.

Terese breathes a sigh of relief following the news, but a phone call from her cousin later changes everything when she's informed that her grandmother died from breast cancer.

Unable to shake the feeling that something isn't right here, Terese's intuition tells her that she should take the test again and David agrees.

The main difference this time is that Terese decides to keep this decision from her partner Gary Canning and her family, not wanting them to worry unnecessarily until she knows all the facts.

Later in the week, Terese struggles to concentrate as she anxiously waits for the results of the second test.

Sadly, when Karl (Alan Fletcher) finally receives the all-important results, he has to break the bad news to Terese that she does have breast cancer.

Will Terese go ahead and confide in her loved ones now that she knows what she's facing, or will she keep it to herself?

Karl Kennedy diagnoses Terese Willis with breast cancer in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, June 30 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (19-06-2017), lizann (19-06-2017), MellBee (19-06-2017), Pantherboy (19-06-2017)

i think this will make her get back with paul

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (19-06-2017)

TV Week profile - Rebekah Elmaloglou:

"My Worst Fears Were Realised"

Actress Rebekah Elmaloglou Takes On Her Toughest Storyline Yet.

When she learnt her character in Neighbours, Terese, was going to be diagnosed with breast cancer, Rebekah Elmaloglou didn't have to look far for inspiration when portraying the story on screen.

In an uncanny example of art almost imitating life, Rebekah had just gone through her mother Teresa's (whose name is pure coincidence) own heartbreaking battle with the disease.

News of her character's plight immediately took Rebekah back to the moment she found out about her mum's diagnosis. It's a difficult memory to shake.

"All my worst fears were realised at once," Rebekah, 43, tells TV WEEK.

"I was at work when Mum called me. And when I hung up the phone, everything just stopped... I wasn't OK."

Having always shared an extraordinary bond, it's no surprise Rebekah found the thought of losing her mum unbearable.

"It was so scary," she says. "But once she started her treatment, I relaxed a little, because I knew she was being taken care of."

She adds: "I tried not to think about the 'what if's'. You just can't go down that path."

Close to home

When asked if she would be OK acting out a breast cancer storyline in Neighbours, Rebekah didn't hesitate.

She decided that no matter how hard it would be - especially on a personal level - she wanted to tell the story.

"Breast cancer is so common - it's everywhere," the actress explains." I'm not going to deny a storyline that so many people will relate to. It's just so important.

"Almost everyone has been touched by this horrible cancer in some way."

However, even for a performer as experienced as she is, Rebekah admits she sometimes struggled during filming.

"Having to say the words 'I've got cancer', with tears running down my face, came naturally for me," she says.

"Doing so many scenes in doctors' offices wasn't easy. I know we're on set and it's not real life. But hearing Dr Karl say, 'Terese, you've got cancer,' was hard. I found it confronting."

Emotional times

When TV WEEK sat down with Rebekah, Teresa and the actress's eight-year-old son, Kai, the women are in a celebratory mood.

The special mother-daughter photo shoot is the first time Teresa has been able to travel from Sydney to Melbourne to visit Rebekah for a long time.

And Teresa can't wipe the smile off her face as she happily explains that, as of May, she's been cancer-free for a year.

"They gave me the all-clear so far," Teresa says. "So that's fantastic!"

For someone who has spent the previous two tears fighting cancer, 68-year-old Teresa's optimism and love of life is a joy to witness. And her proud daughter is full of admiration for her mother's attitude and fortitude.

"Mum is the strongest person I know and she's so positive," Rebekah enthuses. "I think that's probably what has got her through all this - there was never any wallowing.

"If it were me, I'd be a mess. But this one is as strong as an ox! And her positivity is something everyone could learn from."

New lease on life.

So now that she's out the other side of serious illness, what lies ahead for Teresa? (And make no mistake, she's absolutely serious when she answers.)

"I've got a bucket list - I'm going to go hang-gliding!" she says.

Rebekah can't help but express her horror, adding that she definitely won't be joining in.

"I want to do paddle-boarding too," Teresa continues. "Just getting out and doing stuff.

"I know the cancer could come back or I could be hit by a car tomorrow. So I just want to make the most of life right now."

And her advice?

"Get your check-ups... Don't think it can't happen to you," she says. "And never take anything for granted."

(Trivia Time: Rebekah has a famous cousin: actress Dame Judi Dench! She's close to Judi's daughter, Finty Williams, who is also in showbiz.

To donate to cancer research, head to Love Your Sister at www.loveyoursister.org)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (03-07-2017), TaintedLove (03-07-2017)

nice seeing caring paul with her

Paul is too jealous and nasty he will hurt her like he does the others - shes been through too much losing Josh, having to deal with Paige and Lauren which meant her losing Brad as well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (20-07-2017), SoapsJSK (26-08-2017)

shame she cheats on gary with paul, after what brad and lauren did to her now she as bad doing it to gary, dump him and be honest as it paul she wants

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

badirene (30-08-2017), kaz21 (26-08-2017), tammyy2j (30-08-2017)

Part of me was really disappointed in her ... but the story line was that Brad cheated with her .......... his "one of many conquests" I do like Gary, but hes turning into too much of a wet lettuce at the moment. With Pauls history with women .. .as well as cheating on them ... he turns psycho .... so no ... please stay away from Paul. Better still stay away from both of them !!!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

badirene (30-08-2017), kaz21 (29-08-2017), lizann (08-09-2017), TaintedLove (31-08-2017), tammyy2j (30-08-2017)

paige tells her keep quite but pushed brad and lauren together and to confess

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (08-09-2017)

Radiotimes.com article:

Neighbours: “Terese is falling apart because of Piper” – Rebekah Elmaloglou interview.

Can Piper ever forgive her mother for betraying her?

Neighbours’ Terese Willis saved daughter Piper from prison by telling the police the teenager had gone on the run with murder suspect boyfriend Tyler Brennan.

But instead of being thankful for her freedom Piper sees her mother’s actions as a huge betrayal, having lost Ty to a hefty jail sentence because of Terese’s tip off.

Initially blaming best friend Xanthe Canning for reporting the flit to the cops ahead of Tyler’s trial, Piper now knows it was Terese who made the call while Xanthe took the rap. With relations between mother and daughter seemingly irreparable, Rebekah Elmaloglou, who plays Terese, tells us about the fallout for the fractured family.

Did Terese consider letting Piper and Tyler escape?

Absolutley not. Her natural instinct was to go straight to the police. The rest of her family have dissipated and Piper is her life. She is overprotective of her, and remember Terese was against the relationship at first, which caused massive dramas for a long time.

Has she ever accepted them being together?

Probably not. Then all this happens and Terese feels she can’t have her daughter go to jail because of Tyler’s actions.

Does she feel guilty when Xanthe takes the blame for calling the police, causing a rift with Piper?

Once they’re caught Piper is totally off her mother and doesn’t want to know her, it’s upsetting and devastating for Terese and so Xanthe takes it on. Terese lets that carry on for a short time but as Piper really turns on Xanthe she realises she can’t let her do it, she’s going to have to admit it was her.

Do you respect Terese’s decision to confess to Piper?

Absolutely. You can’t let a teenage girl like Xanthe take that on and ruin a friendship when you, as the adult, know the truth. Terese can’t watch two best friends fall to bits because of her actions. Any decent adult would hopefully do the same.

How does Piper react?

She does not want to have a bar of her mother and moves out to live with the Brennans. Terese is devastated, and is now completely childless in that big, fabulous family house!

What’s the atmosphere like between Terese and Piper at Gabe’s naming ceremony?

She goes to see Piper that morning but she doesn’t want to know, it’s another dagger to the heart. Piper’s coldness and harshness on the day tips Terese over the edge – along comes a waiter with a nice cold glass of bubbly and unfortunately she just gives into it and temporarily falls off the wagon. She’s been so strong with her sobriety, it’s a shame that what’s meant to be a beautiful family day goes wrong…

Terese gets drunk and falls into a pond in front of everyone, how was that to film?

Luckily it was only a little pond but they had nice stunt double fall in it for me! I would’ve been happy to do it, although I did have to get in and submerge myself under the water in the middle of winter which was pretty cold! It was a fun day, something a little bit different! But it’s not Terese’s finest hour, that’s for sure – she’s mortified!

Do you think Piper should forgive her mum?

After the naming ceremony debacle, there is still no forgiveness from Piper, but there is concern to an extent towards her mother. She knows Terese is falling apart because of her and it appears to be the start of a thawing. Piper wants her mum to look after herself.

Are Terese and Piper too similar?

She has got her mother’s fire! Piper’s a feisty little thing, and kooky too, she has so much going for her. It’s the same with the rest of the Willis kids – all my soap children were amazing! I did such a great job!

Piper is the last of Terese’s kids still in Erinsborough, do you enjoy working with Mavournee Hazel?

I love her, she’s fabulous and incredibly talented. Mavournee is my little angel, we’re so close its ridiculous. I’ve taken her under my wing and we confide in each other about everything.

What’s in store for Terese’s future?

Stay tuned with the whole Gary/Paul drama, as always that’s ongoing. There might be something a bit different and exciting popping in there down the track…

Neighbours continues weekdays on Channel 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (20-02-2018), MellBee (19-02-2018), Ruffed_lemur (19-02-2018)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours heartbreak for Gary Canning and Terese Willis as they split up again.

Has Paul won?

Neighbours splits up Gary Canning and Terese Willis yet again next week – with no prizes for guessing who's at the centre of the trouble.

Gary (Damien Richardson) decides that it's time to end things with Terese when he realises that Paul Robinson will never stop coming between them.

Upcoming episodes see Paul (Stefan Dennis) sneakily test Terese's feelings by offering her a huge sum of money to pull out from Lassiters, giving her absolutely no excuse to stay.

Just as Paul had expected, Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) turns down the offer – which seems to prove that she just doesn't want to be parted from him.

When Gary finds out about Paul's offer and the news that Terese turned it down, he's completely flabbergasted – not only by her decision, but the fact that she didn't consult him about it.

A sheepish Terese tries to make amends with Gary by suggesting a romantic night at the hotel, but this also backfires badly when Gary wakes up in the middle of the night and finds himself alone in the bed.

Gary heads out to look for Terese and is shocked to find her looking cosy with Paul in her office.

Finally at the end of his tether, Gary announces that he can't go on like this and their relationship is over. Is there no going back this time? And will this pave the way for Paul and Terese to finally get together?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, April 23 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (16-04-2018), Ruffed_lemur (17-04-2018)

Thread Information