Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours on Amazon Freevee

Neighbours on Amazon Freevee

DS article:

Neighbours reveals release date and plans for classic episodes on Freevee
    Some iconic episodes are set to be released later this month.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...sodes-freevee/

Ahead of the new season launching on Freevee later this year, Amazon is set to drop some classic episodes of Neighbours.

Fans were given a huge surprise late last year when it was revealed that the classic Australian soap would be back, despite being previously cancelled and wrapping up its run last summer.

Now, to get us all nostalgic, Freevee has confirmed that select classic episodes will be heading to the service later this month on February 23, as well as episodes featuring breakout stars like Margot Robbie, Russell Crowe, Kylie Minogue and Liam Hemsworth.

The launch date will also include the entire 2012 season, which featured the iconic kiss between Chris and Aidan and Toadie's proposal to Sonya.

Following on from this, the service will launch a library season of Neighbours every month, as well as a number of free ad-supported streaming channels (or FAST channels), including 'Neighbours ? Looking Back' (Channel 1) and 'Best of Neighbours' (Channel 2).

Speaking in December, Amazon's head of content and programming Lauren Anderson teased what fans can expect from the new season of Neighbours.

?We?re going to do everything we have to do ? in front of and behind the camera ? to make sure that we?re delivering a consistent series,? she said.

"We are continuing the show to at least the same level of what audiences have loved for 37 years. The most important thing to us is to make sure that those who love the show already continue to love the show."

She added: "What we?re moving through is what do we want the arc of the first season to be? How do we create a world that?s at once a continuation and also the start of something new. The storyline in a lot of ways is going to mirror what?s happening with the series. It?s a continuation, but it?s in a new place."

The revival series is set to see the return of stars including Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy), Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy) and Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi).

Neighbours returns in the second half of 2023 with new episodes streaming free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. Network 10 will retain first-run rights in Australia for the new series.

And:

Neighbours announces air date for classic episodes ? and it's sooner than you think

https://www.whattowatch.com/news/nei...than-you-think

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (02-02-2023), thestud2k7 (02-02-2023)

More Neighbours returnees announced. DS article:

Neighbours announces seven more returning cast for the show's revival
    Mackenzie, Terese, and more are back.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...rning-revival/

Neighbours has announced seven more cast members will be returning for the revival.

The Aussie soap was saved by free streaming service Amazon Freevee last November, months after Channel 5 pulled the plug on it putting an end to a 37-year-long stint.

As the series is gearing up to start filming this spring, more familiar characters are flocking to Ramsay Street, with Annie Jones (as Jane Harris), Rebekah Elmaloglou (as Terese Willis), Georgie Stone (as Mackenzie Hargreaves), and Tim Kano (as Leo Tanaka) reprising their roles as series regulars.

Returning in guest roles are Ian Smith (as Harold Bishop), April Rose Pengilly (as Chloe Brennan), and Melissa Bell (as Lucy Robinson).

They will star alongside the previously announced cast members of the revival, Neighbours long-running stars Stefan Dennis, Alan Fletcher, Ryan Moloney and Jackie Woodburne.

Neighbours seemingly wrapped things with a bow for the residents of Erinsborough, the fictional suburb of Melbourne where the action takes place.

What was thought to be the last-ever episode welcomed back former Neighbours stars whose careers started on Ramsay Street, including Kylie Minogue, Margot Robbie and Guy Pearce.

As for Pearce's character Mike Young, it will be interesting to see how the show will work around his happy ending with Jane, now that Jones is set to return.

Meanwhile, Jodi Gordon has recently hinted at reprising her role as Elly Conway. The original finale saw Elly and Chloe reuniting.

"There are conversations happening, I say that with a big smile on my face," the star recently said, when asked about a potential return.

With Pengilly confirmed as a returning guest star, it appears very possible that Gordon will be back in some capacity as well.

Neighbours returns in the second half of 2023 with new episodes streaming free on Amazon Freevee in the UK and US. Network 10 will retain first-run rights in Australia for the new series.

Also:

More cast confirmed for Neighbours return
    Annie Jones, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Georgie Stone, and Tim Kano will return as series regulars, with Ian Smith, April Rose Pengilly & Melissa Bell as guest stars.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/02/mor...rs-return.html

And:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/28/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/28/neigh...o=newsnow-feed

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-02-2023), Ruffed_lemur (01-03-2023)

DS article:

Neighbours star Freya Van Dyke reveals whether Zara is in revival series
    "It's insane to me that you all are so supportive."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...denies-return/

Neighbours star Freya Van Dyke has confirmed that she will not be a part of the show's revival? for now.

Freya was a major part of the Australian soap's final year on air as Zara Selwyn, the troublesome daughter of long-running character Amy Greenwood (Jacinta Stapleton).

To set the record straight, Freya shared a statement on her Instagram Story to directly address her future on Neighbours.

"I know a lot of you have been asking. Is Zara coming back to Neighbours? Are you going back to Neighbours? First of all, thank you so much," she told fans. "It's insane to me that you all are so supportive and you want to see Zara back."

Freya then referenced the last cast announcement from the show, which doesn't include Zara in the list of returning characters.

"At this stage, no, Zara is not going back," she clarified. "It's nothing to do with anything beyond what storylines they've decided to go with.

"I am so, so happy for all of the cast who are going back. It's going to be absolutely incredible and there are going to be some incredible storylines. I can't wait for you guys to see it."

The actress also assured fans she has some "exciting" acting work coming up away from Ramsay Street, where she will be working on stage.

But while we shouldn't expect to see this star back, fans will have plenty of familiar faces to look forward to when Neighbours returns. Annie Jones (as Jane Harris), Rebekah Elmaloglou (as Terese Willis), Georgie Stone (as Mackenzie Hargreaves), and Tim Kano (as Leo Tanaka) have all been confirmed to be coming back.

The soap will also have long-running stars Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy), Ryan Moloney (Toadfish Rebecchi) and Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy) all as part of the core cast.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (02-03-2023)

DS article:

Neighbours star Madeleine West discusses possible return for Dee Bliss in show revival
    "I'd be there in a heartbeat!"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ssible-return/

Neighbours star Madeleine West is keen to reprise both Dee Bliss and Andrea Somers in Amazon Freevee's upcoming revival.

West made her Ramsay Street debut all the way back in 2000, leaving in 2003 before returning sporadically between 2017 and 2020.

Joining Australian talk show Studio 10 this week, West was asked about whether she would be back on the soap.

"Look, I'm putting it out there, but if the opportunity was there I'd love to," she replied.

"I didn't have the opportunity to take part in the finale [because] I was doing the Predatory podcast, which took quite a toll. I didn't get a chance to come back and wrap up [Dee and Andrea].

"So if the opportunity is there, I'm on Ten, I'd be there in a heartbeat!"

Freya Van Dyke, who played Amy Greenwood's daughter Zara Selwyn, was also posed the question of whether she'll be back alongside confirmed cast members Annie Jones, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Georgie Stone, Tim Kano, Stefan Dennis, Alan Fletcher, Ryan Moloney and Jackie Woodburne this week.

Setting the record straight, she wrote via Instagram Stories: "I know a lot of you have been asking. Is Zara coming back to Neighbours? Are you going back to Neighbours? First of all, thank you so much.

"It's insane to me that you all are so supportive and you want to see Zara back. At this stage, no, Zara is not going back. It's nothing to do with anything beyond what storylines they've decided to go with.

"I am so, so happy for all of the cast who are going back. It's going to be absolutely incredible and there are going to be some incredible storylines."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (04-03-2023), Ruffed_lemur (04-03-2023)

A few new DS articles:

Neighbours cast 2023 ? who's returning for the show's revival?
    The full list of names announced so far.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...urs-cast-2023/

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney calls for Melanie Pearson return in show revival
    Will Toadie and Mel be reunited?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...earson-return/

Neighbours stars reveal cast WhatsApp group turned awkward over show return
    "We were suspiciously quiet."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...hatsapp-group/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (20-03-2023)

Neighbours will begin filming again on April 17th.

The DS article:

Neighbours confirms when filming will start on the show's new season
    'The New Chapter' begins very soon.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ng-start-date/

Neighbours is gearing up to begin filming on its long-awaited new season.

Ever since Freevee saved the show from cancellation earlier last year, fans have been wondering when the cast will get back to work ? and now we know filming is only a few weeks away.

The cast have now confirmed on the final date of their 'Neighbours ? The Celebration Tour' in London that filming begins on April 17, 2023 at Nunawading Studios in Melbourne, Australia. This means Neighbours will air on Amazon Freevee this autumn.

Veteran cast members Alan Fletcher, Jackie Woodburne, Stefan Dennis, Ryan Moloney, Annie Jones and April Rose Pengilly were all on stage at the London Palladium to make the historic announcement and will all be back for the new season as well.

Neighbours Executive Producer Jason Herbison has also confirmed: "It feels very real now. It?s a hive of activity at the studio. We?re busy writing the next chapter of Neighbours, bringing to life again the show?s much-loved characters as well as new residents.

"It?s exciting to see the sets being prepped, ready to start filming on April 17, which will be a huge day for everyone involved."

Amazon has already released several classic seasons of the Australian soap on its Freevee streaming service, with even more episodes from 2013 being added on Thursday (March 23).

Legendary cast member Alan Fletcher has promised the new episodes will be "incredibly exciting" for both classic fans and newcomers alike.

"I was reflecting on this with Jackie (Woodburne) the other day. I've been doing this show for 28 years, the show's been going for 37 years," he told UTV Life. "It changed over that time, the production values increased. But now we get to do a re-do.

"It'll still be the same show... but we will be able to make it even better."

And:

Neighbours restarts production on April 17
    Cameras will roll once more at Nunawading Studios, a day after a fan event in Melbourne.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/03/nei...-april-17.html

DS article for those watching classic Neighbours episodes on Amazon Feevee:

Neighbours confirms when next batch of classic episodes will drop
    Remember the Erinsborough tornado mayhem?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...mazon-freevee/

Neighbours is uploading all of its 2014 season to Amazon Freevee next week.

Following the release of the soap's 2012 and 2013-era episodes, fans can now prepare to relive the madness of Erinsborough's Tornado Week, as well as the return of both Doug Willis and Rebecca Napier.

That year also saw Olympia Valance's debut as Paige Smith and Sheila Canning's daughter Naomi attempting to steal Toadie Rebecchi from Sonya.

The soap's official Instagram of Neighbours shared a trailer filled with memorable moments from the season.

"We hope you're ready for some more #Neighbours bingeing, as all of 2014's drama is heading to your screens next Thursday on @amazonfreevee & @primevideo!" the caption read.

Of course, the Ramsay Street soap is also being revived for Amazon Freevee, with filming beginning at Nunawading Studios in Melbourne later this month.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq-Jo...b-60e0cd0d5fb8

Stars including Annie Jones, Rebekah Elmaloglou, Georgie Stone, and Tim Kano have been confirmed to be returning as series regulars.

One former star who isn't returning ? at least for the time being ? is Ben Hall, who played Ned Willis.

"Ned has not been asked back. I can tell you that he's not going back at this point in time," he said in a recent video message for a superfan.

"If they deign to bring back Ned Willis, then I'd love to be there. I'd love to see everyone again, actually."

Neighbours filming begins again today, Mon April 17th, in Australia. A couple of announcements have been made:

Neighbours secures Ramsay St location, Lucinda Cowden returns.
    As cameras roll once more, there were two key announcements at last night's Neighbours Celebration show in Melbourne.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/04/nei...n-returns.html

Neighbours begins production today in Melbourne for Network 10 and Amazon Freevee / Prime Video with confirmation it has secured the location of its ?Ramsay Street? home, Pin Oak Court in Vermont South.

The news was revealed at last night?s Neighbours: The Celebration stage show in Melbourne.

But it isn?t clear if there are any exclusions and some homes have undergone changes by their owners.

April Rose Pengilly explained, ?People had been under contract for years so if they wanted to get a new fence it had to get approved. But when contracts lapsed they all went ?Great, renovation time!'?

Actor Lucinda Cowden also confirmed the return of Melanie Pearson, who married Toadie in the season finale.

?She?s comin? back!? she announced.

?It?s (been) so hard not to share. People were just fighting for me, and I just want to say thank you to you all,? she said to the fans.?

Last night?s event, hosted by Jennifer Hansen, also included Alan Fletcher, Annie Jones, Ian Smith, Anne Charleston and Tim Kano.

And:

Neighbours confirms return for Melanie Pearson in show revival
    "Even Madame Zolga couldn't have predicted this one!"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...evival-return/

Neighbours' revival series is set to resume filming tomorrow (April 17), and now another cast member has been announced.

Taking to Twitter today (April 16) Neighbours confirmed the return of actress Lucinda Cowden who will be reprising her role as Melanie Pearson on the soap.

Along with a picture of Cowden in character as Melanie, they tweeted: "We're so excited to announce that Lucinda Cowden will be reprising her role as Melanie Pearson in new episodes of Neighbours later this year. We can't wait to welcome her back (and maybe her pig collection too). Even Madame Zolga couldn't have predicted this one!"

https://twitter.com/neighbours/statu...ival-return%2F

Fans were quick to express their excitement at the news with one responding: "Best news EVER!!! So pleased Ramsay St will have the honour of Melanie residing in it!! Back where she belongs!!"

Back in 2022, Neighbours was cancelled after 37 years on air, leading to an emotional goodbye. But, after a few months, it was saved by Amazon Freevee and is set to return later in 2023.

Among the stars due to return to the soap are Toadie Rebecchi actor Ryan Moloney, Paul Robinson actor Stefan Davis, Susan Kennedy star Jackie Woodburne and Alan Fletcher as Karl Kennedy.

It's good news for Toadie actor Ryan Moloney, who tied the knot with Melanie in the show's emotional finale.

Moloney previously spoke about his hopes for Lucinda Cowden to return saying: "I definitely would like to see the return of Mel, as otherwise it'd be another death in the family!"

Speaking recently about his return to the soap, Moloney teased a possible time jump: "We're meant to start filming in April and it'll go to air later in the year. They said they were thinking of maybe jumping ahead a couple of years but I don't know."

And:

Neighbours officially confirms return of Ramsay Street filming
    It's going home.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...treet-filming/

Also:

Neighbours Training Program announced
    VicScreen & Fremantle announce new training opportunities for directing, writing, production, postproduction and more.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/04/nei...announced.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 17-04-2023 at 05:10.

Mischa Barton to guest star in Neighbours - tvtonight.com.au article:

Mischa Barton to guest star in Neighbours
    As Ramsay Street embarks on a North American broadcast, it gets an unexpected resident.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/04/mis...eighbours.html

Mischa Barton is set appear as an extended guest star in the revived Neighbours season.

Amazon Prime Video and Network 10 today announced the former O.C. star will play announced a new character will play Reece, an American new to Erinsborough who?s not quite who she appears to be.

The stunt casting appears to be part of a strategy to attract new viewers in new markets.

Executive producer, Jason Herbison said: ?With Neighbours launching on Amazon Freevee in North America, we are beyond excited to have an actor of Mischa?s calibre join us for the beginning of this exciting new chapter. Mischa?s character is dynamic and unpredictable, and will have an instant presence on Ramsay Street. Our loyal viewers are going to love her, locally and abroad.?

British-American Barton?s other credits include The Sixth Sense, Notting Hill, The Hills: New Beginnings and The Beautiful Life.

Barton said, ?I?m excited to be part of this iconic show?s next chapter, and I am really looking forward to being back in Australia a place I know and love! I think the character of Reece is going to be a great role for me to explore and play with.?

Filming restarted in Melbourne yesterday and will return to screens on Network 10 later this year followed by Prime Video a week ago.

And:

Hollywood actress joins the cast of the Neighbours revival
    And it's definitely not who you think...

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ighbours-77403

Neighbours casts The OC star Mischa Barton for revival season
    From the OC to Ramsay Street?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...joins-revival/

Also, some more articles on the first day of filming:

Angela Bishop goes behind the scenes of Neighbours restart
    Stefan Dennis cuts the ribbon at Lassiters, and dedicated the restart of soap to the late Brian Walsh.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/04/ang...s-restart.html

Neighbours reveals first pictures as filming begins on new season
    "Lights, camera, action, let's go!"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ilming-starts/

Back to Ramsay Street! Neighbours is officially headed back for our screens
    Everybody needs good neighbours.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-freevee-75660

Neighbours star Lucinda Cowden promises jaw-dropping storylines for Melanie Pearson
    Filming has begun.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...lanie-pearson/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 18-04-2023 at 02:35.

DS article:

Neighbours films with three more returning cast members
    New episodes are being shot on Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...family-return/

Neighbours spoilers follow.

Neighbours' Rodwell family will be returning to the show for the new season.

Lloyd Will, Emerald Chan and Candice Leask were all on set yesterday (April 17) as filming began for the revival series.

Lloyd, Emerald and Candice played Andrew, Sadie and Wendy Rodwell respectively in the "final" few months of Neighbours.

At the time, they were believed to be the last ever family to move onto Ramsay Street, become show regulars and make it into the opening titles.

Paparazzi photographers yesterday caught the trio working on location at Pin Oak Court, the real-life location of Ramsay Street. Show bosses have secured permission to continue filming on the Street, which has real-life residents living in the houses.

Cast members were seen moving boxes, hinting that some changes in living arrangements could be on the way for Ramsay Street.

As no formal announcement has been made over the Rodwells' return, it's currently unclear whether they're back full time or as guests.

Late last year, Candice Leask addressed questions over the Rodwells' future when Neighbours was confirmed to be returning.

Candice told her Twitter followers at the time: "Haven't been on Twitter in Ages! Thx u as ALWAYS to the amazing Neighbours Twitter family who sent msgs hoping for a Rodwell/Wendy Revival.

"Even though no one knows who the new cast will be, I'm just so happy the fans were heard & your favorite show is coming back to you."

Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy) and Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi) have all been confirmed to return as Neighbours regulars alongside Tim Kano (Leo Tanaka), Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis), Georgie Stone (Mackenzie Hargreaves) and Annie Jones (Jane Harris).

Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan) and Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson) have been announced as guest returnees.

Lucinda Cowden has also been confirmed for a comeback as Melanie Pearson, but the show hasn't specified whether she'll be a regular or a guest.

Neighbours' new season will launch on Amazon Freevee later this year.

Thread Information