Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Emmerdale Spoilers 30th September - 4th October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl View Post
    Paddy said the other day if Rhona had gone to him to begin with, then he'd have helped her, but she went to Vanessa instead. I can see how he felt pushed out, as he's her husband, yet she went to her mate instead. She probably knew he'd have sent her to get help right away, whereas Vanessa just kept giving her what she wanted, thus not actually 'helping' her get off them.

You can say that he wouldn't have been helpful, yet he wasn't given the chance either way, was he? I'm not saying he's entirely blameless, as his behaviour afterwards just shows him being petty, by hiding away from Rhona and not seeing how she is in rehab etc. But his pride has been hurt, and for a lot of men, that does hurt!
    Well, if Paddy wants to lose he wife, he's doing a bang up job. Rhona was wrong, but now she's attempting to sort herself out and paddy has decided to wash his hands of her. A clean and healthy Rhona may not want to prostrate herself to "win" Paddy back!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evole For This Useful Post:

Debzyg (30-09-2013), sarah c (01-10-2013)

I think it's his pride talking, which isn't making him think rationally.

Quote Originally Posted by britgirl View Post
    Paddy said the other day if Rhona had gone to him to begin with, then he'd have helped her, but she went to Vanessa instead. I can see how he felt pushed out, as he's her husband, yet she went to her mate instead. She probably knew he'd have sent her to get help right away, whereas Vanessa just kept giving her what she wanted, thus not actually 'helping' her get off them.

You can say that he wouldn't have been helpful, yet he wasn't given the chance either way, was he? I'm not saying he's entirely blameless, as his behaviour afterwards just shows him being petty, by hiding away from Rhona and not seeing how she is in rehab etc. But his pride has been hurt, and for a lot of men, that does hurt!
    rhona didn't go to anyone for help, vanessa discovered her addition and keep feeding her so to speak as she wanted rhona for herself, vanessa could have told paddy too as well as rhona herself

i cant see a way back for paddy and rhona so better if rhona leaves and takes irritating vanessa with her

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Debzyg (30-09-2013)

Paddy is a knob!

for him to say that if he'd known what Rhona was going through he'd have made her get help shows how little he understands.....Rhona and any addict can only get help when THEY are ready to get help, not because some prat tells them to!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Debzyg (01-10-2013)

Paddy is a knob!

for him to say that if he'd known what Rhona was going through he'd have made her get help shows how little he understands.....Rhona and any addict can only get help when THEY are ready to get help, not because some prat tells them to!!

Thread Information