Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leela, Tegan, Peri Lomax

Hollyoaks' Leela Lomax will reveal her big secret to daughter Peri in the near future.

Last week, it was confirmed on screen that Leela is Peri's mother, rather than her sister as everyone in the village currently believes.

Following the revelation on screen, fans immediately began to speculate over when Peri (Ruby O'Donnell) will learn the truth.

Kirsty-Leigh Porter, who plays Leela, told Inside Soap: "You won't have too long to wait. It will be a big relief for Leela to finally tell Peri everything, because she's at an age where she wants to be more involved with her child.

"Of course, Peri has been lied to her whole life - so things won't run smoothly."

Revealing that the twist has been in the pipeline for a while, she added: "I was told that Leela was Peri's mum when I got the part last year, so I was happy to keep quiet, wait for the bomb to explode and see how people react. But it hasn't been easy!"

Peri's father Cameron has already been cast by show bosses and will make his first appearance on screen in June.

leela gets attacked

Jessica Ellis has told Digital Spy that her character Tegan Lomax will feel "betrayed" when the truth about Peri's real parents is revealed.

Tegan currently believes that Peri is her little sister, but everything changes next month when Leela exposes the fact that Sam and Danny aren't the schoolgirl's biological mother and father.

The big revelation will have a significant impact on the family - including Tegan once she knows that Peri is actually her niece. As Tegan was in hospital with leukaemia through most of Leela's pregnancy, she had no idea about the long-held family secret.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the launch of Pentahotel Birmingham, Ellis explained: "I think Tegan might feel a little bit betrayed, because once again she's the last to know.

"Tegan has a really close bond with Leela, and after everything she went through when she gave birth to Rose, her sister has never really turned around and said, 'Don't worry, I've been through this myself and everything's going to be alright'.

"Tegan will wonder what else they've all been lying about. Also, how do you shift from being a sister to being an aunty? Does that change anything and will that make the dynamics of the family different?"

On the longer-term plans for the Lomaxes, she continued: "Things are going to get turned upside-down like never before. There's some really big things coming and the next four weeks are going to be massive for the Lomax family. People are really going to be talking about us."
    Show bosses are also planning to revisit the fun side of Tegan's personality following her darker storylines with gangster Fraser Black.

Ellis said: "We always wanted Tegan to be a fun character. When she was involved in the 'Who Killed Fraser?' storyline she spent a lot of time lying to her family, but it was great for me to be involved in one of the biggest storylines of the year.

"I think we did lose a little bit of her fun side, so recently we've seen more of her light-hearted side with Blessing. We're definitely going to see more of that fun side of Tegan and there's some friendship and romance when she is paired with someone unexpected.

"There's also something else that happens to her which I think is going to warm everyone's hearts."

Hollyoaks star Kirsty-Leigh Porter has promised that fans will be shocked when they find out who is responsible for the deaths of Sam and Danny Lomax.

Next week's episodes see Porter's character Leela join forces with her sisters for a police appeal, hoping to catch the mystery van driver who crashed into Sam and Danny's car last month.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the TV Choice Awards on Monday evening (September 8), Porter kept tight-lipped over whether the culprit could be someone who the viewers already know.

She commented: "I think you're going to be shocked either way. It's going to be shocking, it is big and it's hard not to talk about it - as much as I'd like to shout from the rooftops about it!

"It's exciting and before that, there's going to be a few leads and a few guesses. People have already got a few guesses in at the moment about who it is, but we shall see.

"We've been busy doing all of the aftermath of Sam and Danny dying, so there's a few shock twists and turns. You won't believe what happens straight after as well, so there's a lot of stuff coming up. I think everything falls apart before anything comes back together."

Amid her darker storylines, Leela is also currently involved in a love triangle with current boyfriend Ziggy Roscoe (Fabrizio Santino) and old flame Cameron Campbell (Cameron Moore).

Asked who is best for Leela, Porter laughed: "I could never say! Obviously it's a love story between Cameron and Leela. They were madly in love with each other and they still are.

"In the meantime, Leela has moved to the village and met Ziggy. She's in love with Ziggy and he would do anything for her. He does keep messing up and making mistakes, but I don't think anything's ever going to be straightforward for Leela."

Show bosses have also announced that they will soon be introducing Cameron's brother Lachlan, played by Nick Rhys

Discussing the new arrival, Porter teased: "He's a great character and very fun. Nick who plays him is fantastic and a really good actor. I think Cameron and Nick are really good at playing brothers. They're quite similar in some ways."

Porter won the Best Soap Newcomer prize at the TV Choice ceremony, beating off competition from Emmerdale's Michael Parr and EastEnders actors Maddy Hill and Sam Strike.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/h ... cking.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-09-2014)

Hollyoaks star Kirsty-Leigh Porter has disclosed more details of the show's upcoming hostage drama, revealing that her character Leela Lomax will risk her own life to help her sister Tegan.

Leela, Tegan, Ziggy Roscoe, Cameron Campbell, Grace Black and Esther Bloom are among the characters at Dee Valley Hospital when gangster Big Bob creates a hostage situation in the building next month.

The shock plot, which was first teased in Hollyoaks' autumn trailer last week, sees Big Bob take extreme measures after teaming up with Freddie Roscoe to steal drugs from the hospital.

Leela, Tegan, Ziggy and Cameron are at Dee Valley for a charity event when Big Bob starts brandishing a gun, sending the whole building into lockdown.

When Leela and a handful of the other villagers manage to make an escape, Leela is horrified to realise that she will have to go back inside as Tegan has got herself trapped in a lift with Ziggy.

Porter told All About Soap: "Leela isn't sure of her sister's whereabouts until she gets this voicemail on her mobile from Tegan saying she's trapped inside a lift with Ziggy. Leela goes into panic mode - it's family first for her and she knows that she has to get Tegan to safety. She'll put her life on the line to rescue Tegan.

"Cameron tries to persuade her to stay put and ring the police, but Leela doesn't care about the danger of Big Bob. In her head, she thinks she can take on anyone - she's not going to let Big Bob win, especially when it comes to a family member. But this begins a whole new mission of trying to find Tegan and Ziggy."

She continued: "She starts scouring the floors of the hospital to find them, and Leela can only use her voice to try and communicate with Tegan because she has no mobile reception inside the building.

"When Leela finally does manage to get to the lift, there's a massive struggle. The lift isn't stable and it suddenly drops with Tegan and Ziggy still inside."

While Ziggy and Tegan's fates have yet to be revealed, Porter suggested that the life-or-death drama could make Leela reconsider her recent rows with her on-off boyfriend.

She said: "If Ziggy does get out in one piece, I think it will make Leela reassess their relationship. When a person's life is threatened, all those little things that annoyed you probably wouldn't matter as much any more. Leela might be forced to be less stubborn."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-09-2014)

Hollyoaks launched an emotional journey for Tegan Lomax in Thursday's E4 first look episode (October 23) as she was diagnosed with cancer for a second time.

Tegan heard the news after she was advised to undergo blood tests and a biopsy at the hospital. Concern for Tegan had been sparked after she took a pregnancy test which wrongly came out as positive, indicating the possibility of something much more serious.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Jessica Ellis, who plays Tegan, to hear her thoughts on the storyline for the first time and how her character will cope in the weeks ahead.

What was your reaction when you first heard about this storyline?
    "Tegan's backstory is that she had leukaemia as a child, and I always thought that it might come into play again at some point in her journey.

"It sounds weird but I was really happy when I found out that we'd be doing this storyline, because when I think back to soaps in general, I've never really seen a young girl going through a cancer story - it normally tends to be older people. I think it's great that the show is covering it."

How are you approaching the storyline?
    "When I sat down and spoke to the producers about the storyline, I wanted to try to make it as real as possible. Tegan won't walk around being really sad all the time, because I don't think people would do that in real life. Tegan will still have her sense of humour and be quite strong and feisty about the whole thing.

"I'm really happy that they're trusting me to do this and also that we're dealing with such a massive subject. Hopefully we'll be touching people out there."

When were you first told about the story?
    "It was quite a while ago now. I went up to the story office for a catch-up after everything that had happened with Sam and Danny's deaths. I asked where Tegan would be going from there, and I remember hearing about Tegan sleeping with Ziggy in the lift and then finding out that she might be pregnant. I was like, 'Pregnant again?!', but then I was told that Tegan would find out she wasn't really pregnant and she actually has cancer.

"As that was a while ago, it gave me time to come to terms with it and research it. I've had a lot of time to get my head around it, and also time to talk about it with the writers and the directors to make sure we're all on the same wavelength."

How does Tegan feel about dealing with this for a second time?
    "I think because it was such a long time ago that Tegan had leukaemia and she's been in the clear for a long time, the diagnosis comes as such a shock to her. After the baby scare and the arguments with Leela about Ziggy, to hear about the illness just puts everything into perspective and she is just devastated because of the situation that she's in.

"Sam and Danny have just died, everything has been turned upside down and the Lomax family were finally trying to get into a routine with Peri. Also, I think the first thing Tegan thinks is that she wishes her mum and dad were there."

Will Leela forgive Tegan for sleeping with Ziggy now that her sister needs her?
    "Tegan stands by her decision not to tell Leela that she's ill. She doesn't want to tell her sister because then Leela would automatically have to forgive her for what she's done.

"Tegan doesn't want Peri to know either, because she doesn't think she can handle any more bad news. She doesn't want people looking at her differently and feeling sorry for her, and she definitely doesn't want Leela to feel that she has to forgive her just because she has cancer.

"You'll also see that Tegan is training a lot at the hospital and doing a lot of shifts there. She's concentrating on that and just thinking that she beat cancer last time and she can do it again. Even with Ziggy, she tells him that she's fine and he should stop checking up on her."

How do you think Tegan's fans will respond to the storyline?
    "I think people will have been surprised because originally it seemed she would be pregnant and this is an unexpected twist. I never knew myself that with some types of cancer, you can take a pregnancy test and it wrongly comes out positive, so I think that's a really important message that people need to know about.

"I think the fans will be supportive, shocked and sad. After the difficult scenes Tegan has had so far, I hope they'll also have faith that I can do the storyline justice."

Would you like to see Tegan and Ziggy get together properly?
    "Yes, I would. I think they're great together. The reaction to them being together is so different to what I thought it would be. Everyone has gone wild for it and they love it! I thought that everyone would disapprove of Tegan's actions, but I just think both characters are good for each other in completely different ways. Who knows if they'll properly get together? Can Tegan tame Ziggy or not?"

On a separate note, is Tegan relieved when Ste agrees to go into rehab for help tackling his drug addiction next month?
    "Definitely. The Lomax family just want to get him sorted and there's a scene where Tegan sees him going to steal money from Leela. She catches him and just from talking to him, she knows that Ste doesn't really want to be doing this and he doesn't want to be that person anymore.

"Tegan and Leela are still quite funny with each other at that point, as Leela still doesn't know about the cancer, but it pulls them together again to get Ste into rehab and sort him out. They need their brother back as their family has fallen apart recently. They don't want to lose Ste and they want to get him sorted."

With Hollyoaks putting an increased focus on the hospital, are you glad we'll be seeing Tegan at work more?
    "I love that - it's been great. And I do actually suit scrubs! Especially my colour - I've got a trainee colour and everyone's said I look good in them!

"It's been really fun and I love working with Daisy Wood-Davis who plays Kim so much. Andrew Greenough who plays Dr S'avage is also fantastic to work with. It just brings a whole new dynamic and it's nice to see Tegan away from her family. I love all of the Lomax stuff, but it's nice to see her do something else after it being so family-orientated so far."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-10-2014)

Hollyoaks bosses are lining up a teen pregnancy storyline for Peri Lomax.

The young schoolgirl will discover that she is expecting a baby after sleeping with Tom Cunningham in an upcoming storyline.

Peri has had a strong connection with Tom since joining the village last year, but scenes airing in a few weeks' time will see them decide to take their relationship further.

The underage couple feel awkward after sleeping together for the first time, but they are later forced to face the consequences when Peri learns that she is pregnant.

Digital Spy understands that Hollyoaks writers have devised the storyline as part of an effort to promote the need for safe sex.

Show chiefs recently promised that a handful of plots over the next year will help to raise awareness of the issue among the programme's younger audience.

One such story will see Ste Hay diagnosed as HIV positive following a recent one-night stand with a stranger.

Hollyoaks' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said this week: "2015 is Hollyoaks' 20th year and to make that our 'year of safe sex' felt right for a show built upon telling rites of passage stories.

"With Ste's HIV and other stories for our teenage characters, we will explore the many implications of unprotected sex and hope to encourage thoughtful debate amongst our audience."

Young cast members Ruby O'Donnell and Ellis Hollins, who play Peri and Tom, have already filmed the early stages of the storyline.

Rival soap Coronation Street is also planning a pregnancy storyline for one of its younger characters. In the coming weeks, schoolgirl Faye Windass will discover that she is expecting a baby - presenting new challenges for her troubled family.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-11-2014), tammyy2j (23-11-2014)

leela will have tom arrested or cameron will kill him

Hollyoaks star Jessica Ellis has said that her character Tegan Lomax will play detective following the shock reveal that she is not the mother of baby Rose.

Wednesday's E4 first look episode (December 10) ended with a shocking storyline twist as Tegan realised that the little girl she has been raising for the past year is not her biological daughter.

Tegan made the life-changing discovery after a health scare for Rose led to confirmation of her blood type, which indicated that she is someone else's baby.

The storyline will unfold further in upcoming episodes, but the news suggests that something went wrong at the hospital on the day that Tegan gave birth.

Ellis told Hollyoaks' official website: "There's so many different emotions for her. She's got cancer and her mum and dad aren't around. There's just so much stuff going on at the moment, and then to find out that Rose isn't hers is just absolutely mind-boggling.

"I think Tegan will go all Columbo on us and try to piece the puzzle together, going back to that first episode where she had the baby, what happened, who was in the hospital at that time and all the different elements.

"There's lots of things going on for Tegan at the moment, so I think you need to stay tuned and see what happens and how Tegan deals with this and how other people around her deal with it. Will she find her real baby, and if she does, will she tell?"

Hollyoaks teen Peri Lomax will shock everyone next month as a rebellious outburst sees her threaten to crash a fire truck.

Peri, played by Ruby O'Donnell, spirals out of control as she is missing her father Cameron Campbell following his recent departure from the village.

Ruby O'Donnell as Peri Lomax in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Ruby O'Donnell as Peri Lomax

With Peri's mother Leela growing close to her old flame Ziggy Roscoe again, the schoolgirl decides to take matters into her own hands to get rid of him.

Acting out of loyalty to her dad, Peri fakes a letter from another woman to trick Leela into thinking that Ziggy has another love interest. Fortunately, Tegan stays one step ahead of her by snatching the note before it can cause any trouble.

With Peri's efforts thwarted, she faces another big family drama when she learns that her uncle Ste Hay has been diagnosed as HIV positive.

Unable to take any more, Peri locks herself in a fire truck which has been driven to Hollyoaks High by Leela for careers day.

Kirsty-Leigh Porter as Leela Lomax in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Kirsty-Leigh Porter as Leela Lomax

Peri causes a scene by threatening to drive the vehicle into the school building, but John Paul McQueen is hero of the hour when he stands in front of the truck to stop her.

Headteacher Patrick Blake is so impressed by John Paul that he offers him his job back at Hollyoaks High, but first he will need the backing of the school governors after his attack on Robbie Roscoe tarnished his reputation last year.

When John Paul is about to meet with the governors, Ste calls him for some moral support after stealing drugs from Lockie Campbell and becoming tempted to take them.

With lots at stake, it's a big moment for John Paul as he has to make a decision over whether to jeopardise his career for the sake of his troubled husband.

Thread Information