Hollyoaks' Leela Lomax will reveal her big secret to daughter Peri in the near future.

Last week, it was confirmed on screen that Leela is Peri's mother, rather than her sister as everyone in the village currently believes.

Following the revelation on screen, fans immediately began to speculate over when Peri (Ruby O'Donnell) will learn the truth.

Kirsty-Leigh Porter, who plays Leela, told Inside Soap: "You won't have too long to wait. It will be a big relief for Leela to finally tell Peri everything, because she's at an age where she wants to be more involved with her child.

"Of course, Peri has been lied to her whole life - so things won't run smoothly."

Revealing that the twist has been in the pipeline for a while, she added: "I was told that Leela was Peri's mum when I got the part last year, so I was happy to keep quiet, wait for the bomb to explode and see how people react. But it hasn't been easy!"

Peri's father Cameron has already been cast by show bosses and will make his first appearance on screen in June.