Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Nate Cooper - Kyle Pryor

Exclamation Dr Nate Cooper - Kyle Pryor

Home and Away bosses have released details on a new character, Dr Nate Cooper, who will soon be joining the soap.

English actor Kyle Pryor has been cast as the new doctor, who will have a "fast-paced" and "frantic" introduction to Summer Bay.

Kyle Pryor as Dr Nate Cooper
    © Channel 5

Australian viewers will see Nate appear on screens soon, and he will catch the eye of Ricky Sharpe (Bonnie Sveen).

Speaking about the role, Pryor said: "Nate's arrival is fast-paced and frantic when he finds himself in Summer Bay.

"Playing a doctor has led to interesting and engaging storylines, that have been great fun and challenging to play.

"Being new to Australia myself, our journeys are fairly similar."

Pryor has previously appeared as Marcus in popular series Spartacus: Blood and Sand. His other credits include roles in This Is Not My Life, ABC's Legend of the Seeker, Go Girls, Nothing Trivial and Auckland Daze.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-09-2013), TaintedLove (11-09-2013), tammyy2j (11-09-2013)

So that`s April, Leah, Tamara and Ricky`s next bedpost notch sorted then

So that`s April, Leah, Tamara and Ricky`s next bedpost notch sorted then

Is Ricky staying on without Brax so?

Home and Away newcomer Kyle Pryor has revealed that he was about to give up on acting work in Australia before he landed a role on the soap.

Australian viewers will have already been introduced to Dr Nate Cooper, who has landed a job at Summer Bay hospital.

English actor Pryor, who initially auditioned for the role of Andy Barrett, said to TV Week: "I was close to going back to the UK because I'd run out of money.

"I didn't have any transport, so I would walk an hour to a casting then walk back. It was mid-summer, so it was baking hot.

"I'd rock around with my clothes in a backpack and change when I got to my audition, but all worked out in the end."

Speaking about his role as Nate, Pryor said: "It's a lot to live up to. I'm not used to that kind of thing so it is going to be a new experience for me."

Home and Away's Nate Cooper has a huge secret that will come to light in upcoming episodes.

It is revealed that the doctor, played by Kyle Pryor, has been married throughout his time in Summer Bay, and his wife now wants him back.

© Channel 5

Bridgette Sneddon - who will play Nate's estranged partner Sophie - told TV Week: "It is quite a dramatic entrance. She just shows up in town unexpectedly. But, then, that's how Sophie rolls!"

The newcomer tells Nate that she has landed a job in Summer Bay and intends to stay indefinitely, but soon confesses that she still loves him and wants to make their relationship work.

Pryor added: "Nate's reaction to Sophie's arrival is one of utter shock and horror.

"Nate still has feelings for Sophie too but they had a really fiery relationship and brought out the worst in each other."

It also emerges that Nate is still guilt-ridden over a mystery incident that happened between the pair in the past.

"After all the drama he went through with her, he just wants to forget it and move on," Pryor suggested.

Sneddon, whose casting was announced at the end of last year, is also the real-life fiancée of Home and Away star Steve Peacocke (Brax).

Home and Away doctor Nate Cooper will feel the pressure as Roo Stewart's life hangs in the balance.

It was previously reported that Roo's shock collapse would leave her loved ones in turmoil as medics battle to save her in hospital.

Having previously ignored an emergency callout on the day Roo (Georgie Parker) was rushed into hospital, Nate (Kyle Pryor) is riddled with guilt and feeling under more pressure than ever.

As he struggles to diagnose Roo's condition, he also has to deal with an angry Alf (Ray Meagher), who is frantic with worry about his daughter's health.

Meagher told TV Week: "Alf is angry at everyone who doesn't perform up to his expectations. But, in this case, you can understand. He's terrified to see his daughter in this state. It's very worrying."

Parker added: "Nate suffers a crisis of confidence. Alf is breathing down his neck and he's under a lot of pressure."

Home and Away doctor Nate Cooper will cheat on his wife Sophie when he shares a kiss with Hannah Wilson in an upcoming storyline.

Australian viewers will know that Hannah (Cassie Howarth) has been battling with her feelings for Nate (Kyle Pryor) for a while, and was even given a stern warning from Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) after she became uncomfortable over their closeness.

However, as Nate grows closer to his colleague Hannah, it soon becomes apparent that he is developing feelings for her too.

With Nate suffering from more problems in his rekindled relationship with Sophie, he finds it hard to ignore Hannah as she continues to pay him attention.

After the pair bond when Nate takes Hannah out for a day of kayaking, he finds it increasingly difficult to ignore his growing attraction to her and they end up sharing a kiss back at the hospital.

Cassie Howarth as Hannah Wilson in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Cassie Howarth as Hannah Wilson

Pryor said to TV Week: "It's a spur of the moment thing. It really just happens out of the blue.

"There is a residual resentment in his relationship with Sophie. He is trying to help her with her issues but part of him thinks it doesn't really matter - nothing will make her happy.

"Hannah is very attractive. He's denying to himself there is an attraction there. He keeps telling Sophie that nothing is going on.

"He should be steering well clear of Hannah socially but he is not having much fun outside of work. He is looking for moral support and he finds that in Hannah."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Deano24893 (10-10-2014)

Home and Away doctor Nate Cooper will be left in serious danger when he risks his life trying to save VJ Patterson.

The story kicks off after Nate (Kyle Pryor) and Brax (Steve Peacocke) learn that the teenager has been tied up and abandoned in the bush by school bully Tyson.

As Nate and Brax navigate their way across the bush to find VJ, they are horrified when they see him unconscious at the bottom of the cliff.

Rushing to VJ's rescue, Nate hurls himself down the cliff but tragedy strikes when he slips and impales himself on a stick.

As Brax follows shortly behind him, he manages to find VJ unconscious but breathing, as Nate's condition continues to worsen.

With the emergency crew still nowhere to be seen, Brax is left to his own devices as he desperately tries to save the doctor.

Pryor said to TV Week: "This could be the end for Nate. He falls and is then impaled on a protruding stick.

"He thinks it may even have pierced his liver. He's dying. They are in a tricky situation."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (13-10-2014)

Looks good. I like Nate - he`s very easy on the eye.

Thread Information