Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dr Nate Cooper - Kyle Pryor

I used to like Nate but he's recently been coming across as very selfish.

Also, why has Ricky been wondering if she should have chosen Nate over Brax (at UK pace)? She seems to have forgotten that if she'd done so she wouldn't have had baby Casey.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 27-10-2015 at 02:47.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (27-10-2015), SoapsJSK (04-11-2015), tammyy2j (28-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    AUST PACE SPOILER!! A promo for later this week shows Kat interrupting what I believe is John & Marilyn's wedding vow renewal ceremony (where Nate & Ricky are standing together), with the words/caption "What Kat does will get the whole town talking". The TV Week Soap Diary says that Phoebe encourages a hungover Kat to attend the ceremony, so it looks like they will have Kat embarrass herself again (will she embarrass Nate & Ricky as well?). Not liking what they are doing to Kat's character.
    I disagree. I think what they are doing with Kat is very interesting and makes sense. She's someone who has a a past of being in abusive relationships, so it makes sense for her to be distraught after being dumped, and going somewhat "mental" having a hard time getting over Nate. I wouldn't be surprised (though I doubt they're going to go down this path), that Kat either turns to alcohol (which I doubt since it was done not too long ago with Zac) since she already has a past with alcohol, or make her go down a mental health route due to being dumped/used/manipulated by men (and tbh the promo seems like they're at least trying to go down that path - her blaming herself, then blaming Nate for "messing" with her, and then consequently embarrassing herself getting the whole town talking - it makes a lot of sense). Plus with the spoiler that her abusive ex will come back and those two will get together, it'll be interesting to see whether or not her history with Nate/mental health will push her back into the arms of her abusive ex and cause a world of problems to her which she chooses to ignore due to her ill health, or something completely different where she constantly ignores everyone warning her not to get back together with him (though that would essentially be a repeat of the Evie/Tank storyline). I think the potential for Kat right now is at an all time high, and the potential for future storyline is very interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with her.
    Last edited by bobdaoeach; 27-10-2015 at 03:32.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdaoeach View Post
    I disagree. I think what they are doing with Kat is very interesting and makes sense. She's someone who has a a past of being in abusive relationships, so it makes sense for her to be distraught after being dumped, and going somewhat "mental" having a hard time getting over Nate.
    I think my comment may have been misinterpreted. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was trying to refer to the way Nate has badly treated Kat & was agreeing with other people's comments that Nate has been a "horrible bas*tard" to her & making her "feel paranoid" etc., & now she may look silly again, rather than saying I had a problem with the way they are writing her character (again, sorry if it came across that way) i.e. I agree with your statement that "it makes sense for her to be distraught after being dumped & going somewhat mental having a hard time getting over Nate" etc. I also look forward to finding out what they have in store for Kat.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 27-10-2015 at 11:22.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-10-2015), SoapsJSK (04-11-2015)

I think my comment may have been misinterpreted. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was trying to refer to the way Nate has badly treated Kat & was agreeing with other people's comments that Nate has been a "horrible bas*tard" to her & making her "feel paranoid" etc., & now she may look silly again, rather than saying I had a problem with the way they are writing her character (again, sorry if it came across that way) i.e. I agree with your statement that "it makes sense for her to be distraught after being dumped & going somewhat mental having a hard time getting over Nate" etc. I also look forward to finding out what they have in store for Kat.
    yes i get what you were saying, by having her look "silly" is a perfect catalyst into a mental health storyline

yes i get what you were saying, by having her look "silly" is a perfect catalyst into a mental health storyline

They haven't been back together long, but Nate Cooper will consider popping the question to his girlfriend Ricky Sharpe in Home and Away.

Australian viewers have recently seen the pair reunite, but Nate will consider taking the next step with Ricky when he is given an engagement ring from his father.

Nate's father Gavin will cause a stir upon his arrival in Summer Bay, but his presence does manage to prompt Nate to consider what he wants out of life.

Would Nate and Ricky's relationship survive Brax's return?
    © Channel 5
    Although the two men aren't exactly on good terms due to Gavin's troublesome antics, Nate is given food for thought when his dad gives him the ring that has been passed down the family.

With Nate naturally concerned that it is too soon for Ricky to make such a big commitment, he decides to hide the ring when she later returns home.

However, as Nate continues to bond with her baby son Casey, he is drawn back to the ring, but will he propose? And what will Ricky say if he does?

While fans will have to tune in to see how the story unfolds, Bonnie Sveen, who plays Ricky, has admitted that there has been a mixed response to the couple's reconciliation.

Speaking to TV Week, she said: "It's been mixed. If you read social media, they are not as accepting of Ricky and Nate together. But what you don't hear is what the older demographic think about them.

"My nan and her peers are huge fans of Nate and so is my mum. I am sure a lot of older viewers think, 'Phew, Ricky has met a nice, good boy'.

"Ricky wasn't going to sit at home and pine [for Brax] for the next year. No-one does in the Bay. With Nate, she has gone against type, that is for sure."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-11-2015), Pantherboy (17-11-2015)

Home and Away doctor Nate Cooper will call off his engagement to Ricky Sharpe when he learns that Brax is still alive.

Ricky has been enjoying happier times since reuniting with her former flame Nate, but she will be left shocked to the core when she discovers that Brax faked his own death last year.

Ricky is understandably furious that she has been kept in the dark for the last few months, but before she has time to digest the information, she is forced to come clean with the other man in her life.

Nate is crushed to learn the news and fears history will repeat itself, as Ricky previously left him in favour of Brax.

Determined not to end up rejected like before, Nate takes control of the situation and calls off his engagement to Ricky.

Ricky tries to put on a brave face
    © Channel 5
    Nate hopes that Ricky will ultimately come back to him once she has had time to process what has happened, but is he just heading for heartbreak again?

Kyle Pryor, who plays Nate, told TV Week: "It is the rational choice. He is doing it to protect Ricky, but also to protect himself.

"It is not all out of spite. He understands Ricky needs time to think and deal with this.

"Ricky will always love Brax - even if she resents him for what he has put her through. Nate is very much aware of their strong connection."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-01-2016), Pantherboy (26-01-2016)

Also ahead in the Bay, Nate Cooper has to decide whether to show his support when his estranged father needs him the most.

Nate (Kyle Pryor) is about to get an unwelcome blast from the past when his dad Gavin arrives in the Bay, having been invited by Ricky Sharpe.

After a very rocky start, Nate is prepared to give Gavin a chance to prove himself - but that's a decision he soon regrets when his father shows his true sleazy colours by groping Ricky.

Nate decides to kick Gavin out after hearing what happened, but the shocks still aren't over and he later learns that his dad has been admitted to hospital after a shock car crash.

After helping to save his father's life, Nate is horrified to realise that Gavin drove into a tree on purpose. Will he decide to give his dad another chance while he's clearly at his lowest ebb?

​Gavin is taken to hospital after deliberately driving into a tree
    © Channel 5

On Ricky's advise, Nate goes to the hospital to be with Gavin
    © Channel 5
    Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, February 17 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Read more Home and Away spoilers and news

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-02-2016), Pantherboy (06-02-2016)

Also coming up on Summer Bay, Nate Cooper finally proposes to Ricky Sharpe, but it is clear that she is having big doubts over their future.

After several failed attempts to pop the question, Ricky (Bonnie Sveen) will stop Nate in his tracks by revealing that she thinks she is pregnant.

When Ricky later finds out that it was a false alarm, she takes the opportunity to admit that she knew Nate was planning to propose. After the pair have an honest chat about their situation, they agree to hold off making any further commitment to each other until a later date.

Nate asks Ricky to marry him and she says yes. ​
    © Channel 5
    Although Nate (Kyle Pryor) is happy to agree, he has a drastic change of heart whist attending Leah and Zac's wedding. ​

Swept up in all the romance of the occasion, Nate asks Ricky to marry him, but with Ricky clearly unsure about their relationship, what will her answer be?​

Not wanting to steal Leah and Zac's thunder, the pair decide to keep their engagement a secret.
    © Channel 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Friday March 18 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5. ​

Digital Spy

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-03-2016), Pantherboy (05-03-2016)

Why did he ask Zac to be best man, I don't remember them as good friends or sharing many scenes

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-05-2016)

Thread Information