Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Nate Cooper - Kyle Pryor

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Looks good. I like Nate - he`s very easy on the eye.
    Isn't he just!

More importantly, he's a decent actor and an interesting character. I often think that posh English accents like his sound wooden and out of place in both Australian or American TV shows, but Kyle Pryor manages to make it sound natural.

I don't think Sophie's right for him so I hope they don't last.

Ughh...I'm really not looking forward to seeing the ridiculously recast VJ!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (17-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Isn't he just!

More importantly, he's a decent actor and an interesting character. I often think that posh English accents like his sound wooden and out of place in both Australian or American TV shows, but Kyle Pryor manages to make it sound natural.

I don't think Sophie's right for him so I hope they don't last.

Ughh...I'm really not looking forward to seeing the ridiculously recast VJ!
    Spot on Dazzle...that`s exactly how I feel too about his accent.
    I don`t like Sophie either, she`s so wooden. i feel she only got the part of Sophie because she`s Steve Peacocks girlfriend in real life. I much prefer the pairing of Hannah and Nate. Or even Nate and Leah given some decent writing. I don`t mind Zac and Leah though.
    You might be pleasantly surprised about VJ v2 Dazzle. At least when you watch VJ`s first scenes you might eventually forget about the actor recently being in Neighbours as Paiges brother because it`s been quite a while now. It was only a few weeks from watching him in Neighbours and then as VJ in H&A. He`s not a bad character, but I miss the other lad who played VJ. There was nothing wrong with him, and I liked his and Jetts friendship. Maybe he was busy with exams or something or he didn`t want to be on H&A anymore. Who knows.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-10-2014)

I much prefer the pairing of Hannah and Nate. Or even Nate and Leah given some decent writing. I don`t mind Zac and Leah though.
    I actually thought there was a flirtation happening between Nate and Hannah when he first arrived. Then Hannah and Zac fell for each other - which I thought worked well. I find it frustrating that they seem to have split Hannah and Zac for good when the actors had such good chemistry.

I don't mind Zac with Leah though, as he deserves someone nice.

I was hopping mad when the writers made Ricky dump Nate for Brax. I'll never be convinced that someone could prefer the lovely Nate over the dour Brax!

You might be pleasantly surprised about VJ v2 Dazzle. At least when you watch VJ`s first scenes you might eventually forget about the actor recently being in Neighbours as Paiges brother because it`s been quite a while now. It was only a few weeks from watching him in Neighbours and then as VJ in H&A. He`s not a bad character, but I miss the other lad who played VJ. There was nothing wrong with him, and I liked his and Jetts friendship. Maybe he was busy with exams or something or he didn`t want to be on H&A anymore. Who knows.
    I haven't got anything against the actor who played Paige's brother in Neighbours. If VJ was 21 I wouldn't have a problem with the casting, but he looks far too old imo.

I also hope the old VJ left of his own accord and wasn't fired.

Home and Away's Nate Cooper will collapse with stress as Sophie Taylor and Hannah Wilson argue over his treatment in hospital.

As previously reported, Nate's life will be left hanging in the balance after he has a serious accident on a cliff while trying to help VJ Patterson.

As Nate (Kyle Pryor) recovers in hospital, his wife Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) becomes increasingly anxious about the amount of time he is spending with Hannah (Cassie Howarth), who is his nurse.

Sophie is unaware that Nate and Hannah previously shared a kiss but she is unhappy that Hannah is in charge of Nate's care and warns her to stay away.

As tensions continue to rise, the two women eventually come to blows as Sophie accuses Hannah of being incompetent at her job.

However, feeling he needs to step in and intervene, Nate attempts to stop their argument, but it becomes too much for him and he collapses.

Howarth said to TV Week: "Sophie is having issues with Nate and Hannah seems to be enjoying his company more than perhaps she should.

"To Sophie, every time Hannah and Nate are even in the same room it looks suspicious. It's really dangerous for poor Nate and it's both Hannah and Sophie's faults."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-10-2014)

nate and leah had potential then zac could be with Hannah

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-10-2014), TaintedLove (21-10-2014), tammyy2j (17-11-2014)

Home and Away's Sophie Taylor will resort to desperate measures to get her estranged husband Nate Cooper's attention.

Australian viewers have recently seen Nate (Kyle Pryor) make the big decision to end his marriage to Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) after he shared his second kiss with colleague Hannah Wilson

Following her split from Nate, Sophie struggles to cope and begins to concern everyone with her increasingly erratic and strange behaviour.

As Ricky worries that Sophie could be stalking Nate, he opens up to Ricky and confesses that the last time he ended their relationship, she tried to run him over.

However, Sophie's odd behaviour steps up a gear when Nate checks into the caravan park and she decides to rent a van of her own.

When she hears Nate arrive home one night, Sophie resorts to extreme measures and splashes petrol around her van and sets it alight. Hearing his wife's screams and seeing the van on fire, Nate risks his life trying to save her.

Nate is confused about his relationship with Sophie
    © Channel 5
    Nate is confused about his relationship

Kyle Pryor, who plays Nate, said to TV Week: "She knows what to do to keep Nate on the end of the fishing line. She has worked herself up into quite a state by this stage.

"The difficult thing for Nate is that he loves Sophie. The last time she had issues, the only thing that worked for them was being apart. As a result, Nate believes that tough love is the only approach here."

Home and Away doctor Nate Cooper will desperately attempt to get his wife Sophie Taylor the help she needs as her erratic behaviour takes another dangerous turn.

Having already burned down the caravan she was staying in, Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) continues to make Nate pay the price for ending their relationship when she tries to set fire to him.

Nate's concerns for Sophie increase when she sends him a photo of them both on their wedding day, with the words 'Till death do us part', TV Week reports.

With his concerns for his estranged wife growing, Nate is relieved when Sophie tells him she needs to go to hospital and arranges for him to pick her up from her hotel room.

However, Nate walks straight into Sophie's trap, arriving at her room to find she has prepared a romantic dinner for him.

The evening takes a more sinister turn when Sophie later knocks Nate out with a brick, ties him up and pours petrol all over the room.

As Sophie walks around the room with a candle to start the fire, Nate separately tries to reason with her, promising that they will run away together and sort their marriage out.

Although Sophie agrees to go with Nate, their problems are far from over when Sophie's erratic behaviour causes a bus accident as they head back to Summer Bay.
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-12-2014 at 17:15.

New Idea magazine for Dec has an article on Kyle Prior (Dr Nate) so SPOILER ALERT!!!

"Exclusive! H&A's Kyle Prior has Hollywood in his sights.

H&A's Kyle Prior has it all - the British accent and brooding good looks. The action man even rides a motorbike and has a black belt in taekwondo!

Now, with his character Dr Nate Cooper's life hanging in the balance after a shock car crash in this season's cliffhanger, could Kyle be leaving Summer Bay to become Hollywood's hottest new action star?

The actor is the first to admit Tinseltown is in his sights - and he'd love to take on a big action role such as Iron Man or Thor, or even British spy James Bond.

"I would love to land a lead in a Marvel feature" Kyle tells New Idea." James Bond would be nice too. I have kayaking skills, so maybe they could write that in"."

I understand that Dr Nate has been seen filming scenes which won't be aired till next year, so don't fear, I don't believe he dies in the crash & you would have to say that this article is more about his aspirations for the future, so he will still be seen on H&A for some time yet!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Louisa Marshall (04-12-2014), TaintedLove (08-12-2014)

Over on Home and Away, Nate Cooper will be frantic when he finds wife Sophie unconscious after she overdoses.

The dramatic turn of events comes after Nate (Kyle Pryor) tells Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) that their relationship is over.

Sophie collapses after taking an overdose.
    © Channel 5
    Sophie collapses after taking an overdose.

Having previously caught Nate kissing Hannah, Sophie desperately tries to get her troubled marriage back on track.

After Ricky tells Nate to do the right thing and end things for good, Nate comes clean with Sophie and says their marriage is no longer working.

After devastated Sophie storms out, Nate takes the opportunity to openly speak to Hannah, where he asks for a fresh start.

However, he becomes worried about Sophie and his fears are confirmed when he arrives home to see she has overdosed. Is his nightmare only just beginning?

Nate tries to help an unconscious Sophie.
    © Channel 5
    Nate tries to help an unconscious Sophie.

Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, January 21 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (11-01-2015)

Also ahead on Summer Bay, Nate Cooper's problems with former wife Sophie Taylor escalate as she refuses to accept their relationship is over.

In the wake of her drugs overdose, Nate (Kyle Pryor) is naturally worried about Sophie's wellbeing and asks Ricky to keep an eye on her.

Keen to keep her promise to Nate, Ricky takes Sophie out for a chat, but Sophie uses the opportunity to push for information on Nate.

Ricky tries to help Sophie.
    © Channel 5
    Ricky tries to help Sophie.

Although Ricky promises that she hasn't heard from Nate, Sophie begins to doubt her loyalty when she sees a message from him on Ricky's phone.

After Ricky leaves Sophie to meet up with Nate, he addresses his worries to her about keeping his distance from Sophie, admitting that it might not be the best cause of action.

Despite promising Nate that she will take care of Sophie, Ricky later realises she has taken on too much of a challenge when Sophie loses her temper with Leah.

Sophie lashes out at Leah.
    © Channel 5
    Sophie lashes out at Leah.

Convinced she is taking painkillers again, Nate searches her house for evidence but to no avail. However, Sophie mistakes Nate's concern about her drug-taking for something more and becomes convinced they can make their relationship work.

Although Nate makes it clear that their marriage is over, Sophie remains unconvinced, but is she setting herself up for more heartbreak?

Nate tells Sophie he doesn't want to get back together.
    © Channel 5
    Nate tells Sophie he doesn't want a reconciliation

Home and Away airs these scenes on Tuesday, January 27 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Thread Information