Holby City newcomer Camilla Arfwedson has discussed joining the show as Dr Zosia March.

The actress, who has previously appeared in Law & Order: UK, described her character as "ambitious" and "sexually voracious".

Camilla Arfwedson
© Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com
Camilla Arfwedson

"My character doesn't suffer fools and she's sexually voracious. She likes to pin men down then discard them as she wishes. She's very determined and ambitious, and she doesn't really care about upsetting people," Arfwedson told the Sunday Express.

"Because Zosia is so bright and so good at what she does, you have to really know the language and sound as convincing as possible. Having to do big speeches on cystic fibrosis while diagnosing people was difficult to begin with, but you get used to it.

"Sometimes i think it's similar to Shakespeare because the language is so removed from what you would normally say. You just have to get your mouth around it and colour the words. You just learn it - it's as simple as that."

Arfwedson added: "I'm quite excited about it but it took me a while to realise how popular Holby is. When I went to a beauty salon recently, I spoke to a couple of girls who worked there and they were like, 'Oh my God, you're in Holby - that's so exciting!' and they went completely nuts."