Thread: Dr Zosia March

Exclamation Dr Zosia March

Holby City newcomer Camilla Arfwedson has discussed joining the show as Dr Zosia March.

The actress, who has previously appeared in Law & Order: UK, described her character as "ambitious" and "sexually voracious".

Camilla Arfwedson
    © Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com
    Camilla Arfwedson

"My character doesn't suffer fools and she's sexually voracious. She likes to pin men down then discard them as she wishes. She's very determined and ambitious, and she doesn't really care about upsetting people," Arfwedson told the Sunday Express.

"Because Zosia is so bright and so good at what she does, you have to really know the language and sound as convincing as possible. Having to do big speeches on cystic fibrosis while diagnosing people was difficult to begin with, but you get used to it.

"Sometimes i think it's similar to Shakespeare because the language is so removed from what you would normally say. You just have to get your mouth around it and colour the words. You just learn it - it's as simple as that."

Arfwedson added: "I'm quite excited about it but it took me a while to realise how popular Holby is. When I went to a beauty salon recently, I spoke to a couple of girls who worked there and they were like, 'Oh my God, you're in Holby - that's so exciting!' and they went completely nuts."

Holby City producers Oliver Kent and Simon Harper have revealed details about future storylines, promising big drama to come for Zosia March and the Effanga sisters.

Zosia will take centre stage over the next few months as the BBC One medical drama delves deeper into the reasons for her erratic behaviour, while on-screen siblings Mo and Adele will also become more prominent.

Speaking in a new backstage video, Kent explained: "One of the great advantages of being on all year round is that we can tell stories in real time. In a story like Zosia's, it doesn't happen overnight that someone will become unwell with mental health issues, neither does it happen immediately that they will recover.

"With the Zosia story, one of the things that works rather well about it is that it isn't what it first appears to be. So over the next few months, the audience will really, really see just how much Zosia's condition affects her.

"But at the same time, they'll be able to see that it's been affecting her for a while. It was as if it's been hiding in plain sight - it's been there all along since the character was first developed."

Meanwhile, Mo's big storyline will kick off during Holby City's next standalone episode in scenes shot specially on location away from the hospital.

Kent added: "In our next standalone episode, the location half of it is a big Effanga special. Lots of big secrets will be uncovered which will then be playing out for the next year, so that's very exciting."
    Last edited by Perdita; 28-08-2014 at 17:31.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (29-08-2014)

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/holb...ine-wake-coma/

Earlier this year, Holby City star Camilla Arfwedson left the show after four years in the role of Zosia March – but it looks like she'll be returning briefly to be there for Oliver Valentine as he recovers after he was shot in the head during the recent shooting rampage at Holby.

The BBC has dropped a new trailer for their winter storylines, and in among all the other drama in store was a clip confirming the return of Zosia as Ollie copes with his brain damage.

BBC Holby City

@BBCHolbyCity
    Deck the wards, the winter trailer has arrived! ☃️ http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05qvjvq

10:22 PM - Dec 12, 2017
    'Tis The Season To Be Holby!, Holby City - BBC One
    You don't want to miss what's coming up this winter.

bbc.co.uk
    103 103 Replies 198 198 Retweets 804 804 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    And, if seeing it for yourself wasn't enough, an Inside Soap article about the soap confirmed the return too.

"The aftermath of the Holby shooting pushes the team to their limits this fortnight, as they wait anxiously to see whether Oliver wakes from his coma," an episode synopsis for January 2 reads.

"However, when Zosia returns from America to take her place at Ollie's bedside, hope is restored as he finally opens his eyes! Is he really out of the woods though?"

Also in the not-so-festive video is a first-look at Serena Campbell's return, following actress Catherine Russell's break from the show earlier this year.

Serena made a temporary departure from the show at the start of the year, in order to appear in the comedy play What the Butler Saw.

Although Serena's return wasn't officially confirmed back then, it was always clear that she wouldn't be gone for that long – with show boss Kate Hall promising that her popular love story with Bernie Wolfe wasn't over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (13-12-2017)

Was just thinking yesterday that it'd be bad form if Zosia didn't return with Ollie having been shot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-12-2017)

Holby City has confirmed that Zosia March will be returning next year, along with two new arrivals.

Camilla Arfwedson is reprising her role as Zosia for a brief stint next spring, when she arrives back at the hospital having made a name for herself in America.

Zosia will temporarily return to the Darwin Ward for a catch-up with old colleagues, having had a turbulent time abroad. However, her return isn't set to be straightforward as she's soon coming up against feisty Frieda Petrenko.

As well as Zoisa, fans will also be seeing more of Bernie Wolfe's son Cameron Dunn (Nic Jackman), who has been promoted to a regular.

Nic Jackman as Cameron in Holby City
    © BBC

Cameron will arrive back in Holby to finish his training as an F2, while viewers will also be introduced to new recruit General Surgeon Ange Godard, played by Dawn Steele, who will be opening a new unit.

Discussing her return as Zosia, Camilla said: "I am really pleased to come back and revisit Zosia. The last few years playing her have been absolutely brilliant, wonderful and challenging in equal measure. Can't wait to see all the cast and crew again too and get back into the fold. I've missed it. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for her."

Nic added: "I am delighted to be returning to the brilliant team at Holby City. Cameron is a fun character to play and it'll be exciting to see what he gets up to next."

And Dawn shared: "I am utterly delighted to be joining the cast and crew on Holby City. Ms Godard is such a great character with lots to tell and I am really looking forward to getting on that Keller Ward and bringing her to life. I have been a fan of Holby and so pleased I get to be at Elstree studios with this wonderful team. Can't wait!"

Dawn Steele as Ange Godard in Holby City
    © BBC

Simon Harper, who is the Executive Producer of Holby City and Casualty, said: "Dawn is a fabulous addition to the cast as Ange. Her TV star pedigree speaks for itself. She's a brilliant, charismatic actor and I can't wait to see her bring this beguiling new character on screen in a story of explosive secrets that will send shockwaves through the whole hospital.

"Nic has already won the audience's hearts with his previous guest appearances as cheeky, loveable Cameron so it only seemed right to turn him into a fully-fledged regular! He's an absolutely fantastic young actor and new star. Cameron has never settled down and has got by on his charm – he needs the strong women of Holby to lick him into shape professionally and otherwise and bring him out of the shadow of his mum Bernie.

"And what a joy to welcome Camilla back for a stint by popular demand! The complex and troubled Zosia is massively popular, particularly with our young audience, who I know have missed her desperately and will be hungry to know why she's running back to Holby. Matched against Frieda on Darwin – will they be friends or foes? We'll have to see!"

Holby City airs on Tuesday nights at 8pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (19-09-2018)

Thread Information