Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy and Josh Barrett

Andy and Josh Barrett

Two new bad boys are about to hit Home and Away. Tai Hara and Jackson Gallagher will go head-to-head with the River Boys in the popular Seven drama as brothers Andy and Josh Barrett.

And in a Home and Away first, the duo will be introduced to viewers via a series of webisodes ahead of their first televised appearance.

Hara, 23, from the Gold Coast, had to pinch himself the first time he hit the Palm Beach set to take up his role as Andy.

"I thought how lucky I was. It's just a real privilege to be on a show that is so loved."

Hara, who studied in Brisbane alongside actor Anna McGahan, says the Barrett brothers have some explosive plotlines with the River Boys.

"There is a lot of history behind both the families. I carry the secrets of what our whole relationship is with them," he says.

Gallagher, 23, who has been promoting his latest film, a remake of the cult 1978 horror Patrick at the Melbourne International Film Festival, says his starstruck moment was acting in a scene with Ray Meagher's character, Alf Stewart.

"That was when it hit home," he says.

Despite the fisticuffs with the Braxton boys, hostilities are suspended between takes.

"I did some physical scenes with Steve (Stephen Peacocke, who plays Darryl Braxton) with him being quite aggressive, and in between scenes he was like: 'Are you OK? I didn't hurt you did I man?'," Gallagher says.

The stand-alone webisodes introducing the Barretts and their backstory launch online on Home and Away's website on Wednesday night after the show's televised episode.

Brad Lyons, Seven's director of network production, says the webisodes are a classic example of how Home and Away continues to identify new ways for its fans to experience and connect with the show.

"The show's success today, and its unrivalled popularity since it began, lies in its honest storytelling and ability to evolve," Lyons says.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-08-2013), Dazzle (03-08-2013), hward (06-08-2013), lizann (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Two new bad boys are about to hit Home and Away. Tai Hara and Jackson Gallagher will go head-to-head with the River Boys in the popular Seven drama as brothers Andy and Josh Barrett.
    I don't like the sound of this - yet more Braxton aggression storylines

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    there is too much braxton drama on the show they monopolize all the storylines

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

Yeah, don't mind some drama, but not to the extent that everything is about them

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Home and Away's on its summer break now and I'm hardly missing it. I feel sad because it used to be my favourite soap and I always looked forward to it so much. That hasn't been true since the Braxtons arrived and everything became about them and their macho storylines. Now Sid and Dex, two of my favourite characters, are leaving

Why don`t they rename it the Braxton Show and have done with it.,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-08-2013)

Why don`t they rename it the Braxton Show and have done with it.,

Home and Away have released new promo images showing off the soap's new cast members Jackson Gallagher and Tai Hara.

As reported at the weekend, Gallagher and Hara have joined the show's cast as bad boy brothers Josh and Andy Barrett, who have a history with the River Boys.

Jackson Gallagher and Tai Hara as Josh and Andy Barrett in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Jackson Gallagher and Tai Hara

Josh and Andy are both from Mangrove River like Brax, Heath and Casey, so fans will have to wait and see what it is that divides and may ultimately unite them with the Braxton brothers.

On his character Josh, Gallagher teased: "What I really like about Josh's story is it demonstrates that your past doesn't necessarily define your future, and you don't have to be who people expect you to be. I can relate to that in a sense and it's been great to explore."

Jackson Gallagher as Josh Barrett in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Jackson Gallagher as Josh Barrett

Meanwhile, Hara said of Andy: "He is the eldest of the Barrett brothers. He's an extremely unpredictable and protective character and regardless of his circumstances, family always comes first.

"After the disappearance of their father, Andy stepped in to take responsibility of Josh. Although sometimes he lacks morals and normal social behaviour, everything he does for his brother, despite how reckless, it comes from a place of love.

"But there's no shadowing the fact that Andy has a dark past and his arrival in the Bay will not be to make friends."

Jackson Gallagher and Tai Hara as Josh and Andy Barrett in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Tai Hara as Andy Barrett

Home and Away will air the Barretts' first scenes later this month in Australia and in October in the UK.

Home and Away's Brax take pity on Josh Barrett and offer him somewhere to stay in an upcoming storyline.

Australian viewers will know that Brax is furious with the Barrett brothers after he discovers that they were responsible for running Casey and Maddy's car off the road.

However, the latest turn of events take Josh by surprise and he is left unsure what Brax is up to.

Jackson Gallagher, who plays Josh, told TV Week: "Josh doesn't understand why Brax would want to help him after what Andy and Josh did to Casey.

"He doesn't really trust Brax, but he has been sleeping rough, so the idea of a meal and a couch to crash on is tempting.

"Josh's attitude towards the Braxtons has always been heavily influenced by Andy's hatred. But, deep down, he doesn't hold the anger and resentment Andy does.

"His attitude towards them isn't necessary changing but he is seeing another side."

Thread Information