Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig Tinker (Colson Smith)

Exclamation Craig Tinker (Colson Smith)

Coronation Street schoolboy Craig Tinker will go missing in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

Craig, played by Colson Smith, disappears after killer Karl Munro (John Michie) realises that he has information which could expose his guilt over the Rovers Return fire, according to the Daily Star.

Assuming Steve is moving out, Tracy has a celebratory meal with Deirdre and Amy after Jason knocks down the partition wall

A panicking Karl initially tries to befriend Craig in a bid to make sure that he keeps quiet.

However, when Craig goes missing and a frantic search gets under way, it's thought that Karl will be among those questioned by the police.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "Has Craig run away, or has Karl decided to get him under control once and for all? Keep watching - this storyline is a corker."

Craig's recent strange behaviour in relation to the Rovers blaze has left fans wondering whether he knows Karl is the arsonist.

Show boss Stuart Blackburn told Digital Spy this week: "Craig is very, very troubled. He has a certain perspective about the fire, I'll say that much! There's a secret that he's been carrying since that night, and it's a secret that will have a great deal of impact on both his life and Karl's."

Karl started the fire at The Rovers in March as part of his desperate schemes to win back Stella Price. Sunita Alahan and firefighter Toni Griffiths died as a result of the terrifying incident.

John Michie, who plays Karl, will be leaving Coronation Street later this year and joining the cast of BBC One's Holby City.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (12-07-2013), Dazzle (12-07-2013), lizann (13-07-2013), swmc66 (14-07-2013), tammyy2j (12-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street schoolboy Craig Tinker will go missing in a forthcoming storyline, reports have revealed.

Craig, played by Colson Smith, disappears after killer Karl Munro (John Michie) realises that he has information which could expose his guilt over the Rovers Return fire, according to the Daily Star.

Assuming Steve is moving out, Tracy has a celebratory meal with Deirdre and Amy after Jason knocks down the partition wall

A panicking Karl initially tries to befriend Craig in a bid to make sure that he keeps quiet.

However, when Craig goes missing and a frantic search gets under way, it's thought that Karl will be among those questioned by the police.

A Coronation Street source told the newspaper: "Has Craig run away, or has Karl decided to get him under control once and for all? Keep watching - this storyline is a corker."

Craig's recent strange behaviour in relation to the Rovers blaze has left fans wondering whether he knows Karl is the arsonist.

Show boss Stuart Blackburn told Digital Spy this week: "Craig is very, very troubled. He has a certain perspective about the fire, I'll say that much! There's a secret that he's been carrying since that night, and it's a secret that will have a great deal of impact on both his life and Karl's."

Karl started the fire at The Rovers in March as part of his desperate schemes to win back Stella Price. Sunita Alahan and firefighter Toni Griffiths died as a result of the terrifying incident.

John Michie, who plays Karl, will be leaving Coronation Street later this year and joining the cast of BBC One's Holby City.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

what?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (14-07-2013), tammyy2j (15-07-2013)

Craig Tinker

I hope they keep the character for a very long time - he's so kind and gentle and he is probably very intelligent and gentle and will become a character the younger ones turn to in the way the really troubled ones turn to Roy.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheetah For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-02-2015), maidmarian (15-01-2015)

Coronation Street schoolboy Craig Tinker is a loyal source of support to Faye Windass next week as she discovers that she is pregnant.

When Faye (Ellie Leach) becomes increasingly concerned about her weight following teasing at school, it's Craig who gently points out that she could be expecting a baby and encourages her to take a pregnancy test.

Here, Colson Smith - who plays Craig - chats about his character's involvement in Faye's life-changing storyline.

Craig wonders is Faye is pregnant
    © ITV
    Craig wonders is Faye is pregnant

How would you describe Craig's friendship with Faye?
    "They can go to each other for anything. Craig really trusts Faye and has a lot of time for her. Deep down he loves her, and he knows what is best for her even when she doesn't herself. He cares for her a lot, they are kindred spirits, they identify with each other and they have things in common.

"They share their experiences and it is a nice friendship - just two people who are nice to each other. Craig sees Faye as a kid sister. He doesn't see her as a potential girlfriend - he loves her like a family member and he would really look out for her."

How does Craig react when Faye becomes increasingly concerned about her weight?
    "Craig supports Faye when she is being bullied at school. He can relate to Faye because he has also been bullied at school, so he talks to her about the help you can get at school. He tries to support her and tells her that she should confide in her mum.

"Craig always tries to do the right thing. He knows right from wrong, he is a voice of reason and he is very mature. There aren't many teenagers like him around - he doesn't put himself first."

What do you think has made Craig like that?
    "His upbringing has been very influential. Craig loves his mum and he would do anything for her. He has been passed from pillar to post and now he is very settled and happy. His mum is settled and he wants everyone else to be happy.

"Craig has been forced to grow up quickly. Beth took care of him, but she would leave him on his own to go out. That meant he knew how to cook. He is used to taking care of people and looking after himself."

Faye confides in Craig about her weight gain
    © ITV
    Faye confides in Craig about her weight gain

When does Craig first realise that Faye might be pregnant?
    "Craig initially says that she should go to a doctor to find out what is wrong with her, but in the back of Faye's mind she knows what it might be and doesn't want to go to a doctor. So Craig says to ask 'Doctor Google' as that is what his mum always used to do.

"Craig types in her symptoms and that is one of the things that comes up. He is aware of the rumours about Faye from the party in the summer, so he knows this might be a possibility. Now he realises and he asks her if there is a possibility she might be pregnant. He words it well."

How does Faye react when Craig suggests this to her?
    "The problem is that Faye is in denial - not just about the fact that she could be pregnant, but even about the fact that she slept with the boy. That is the big thing for Faye and she just wants to brush it under the carpet, but Craig is smart and has done his research about what is going to happen to her, so he won't let her just try and ignore it."

Is Craig with Faye when she does the pregnancy test?
    "Faye is upstairs in the house. She comes down and tells him and they work out how pregnant she is. They work out she is almost 7 months pregnant.

"Faye is really emotional and gets very upset. Even though she is in denial, it all clicks into place and she realises it is actually happening - it is just pure shock."

How does Craig take the news?
    "Craig is also quite shocked and emotional. He knew there was a chance but the reality is a shock. Craig decides he has to be the mature one and be a rock for Faye to help her through the pregnancy."

Faye tells Craig she is being bullied
    © ITV
    Craig tries to support Faye

Why is Faye too scared to tell anyone else?
    "Faye is so scared because she is so young and she has slept with a boy. Her life is about to change dramatically and she is struggling to get her head round it. Craig wants her to tell her mum because he knows that if you are in trouble you should go to an adult. Faye just can't see that, and if she starts telling people it becomes more real. She just wants it to go away, but Craig knows it is not that easy."

Do we get any indication as to who the father is?
    "Faye knows who the father is - he goes to the same school and is around Craig's age."

How does Craig cope with being Faye's only shoulder to lean on?
    "Craig is very close to his mum and would usually go straight to her with any problem, but because Faye won't let him tell anyone - whether it be Anna or Beth - he is finding it quite difficult.

"There is a moment when Faye thinks Craig has said something to Anna about her skiving off school and she tells him that if he says anything to Anna again, she won't ever speak to him. He doesn't want to lose Faye's friendship and he wants to be there for her."

What did you think when you first heard about the storyline?
    "I was excited as an actor because it was such a big storyline, and being 16 myself, I know it does happen. You read about it in the news, you see it around you and you want to do it justice as people are really going through it."

What have Tim, Faye and Craig walked in to?
    © ITV
    Faye, Craig and Tim

Are you good friends with Ellie in real life?
    "Yes, me and Ellie get on really well and we have got closer through playing this storyline."

What do your friends and family think about you being Corrie?
    "My grandma absolutely loves it. She calls herself the biggest Corrie fan going, so for her in particular it is a bit of a dream come true! I remember telling her when I had just got the first two episodes and she couldn't believe it. When I got the call to say that I had got the part full time, it was surreal. It was a life-changing moment and I realised I could have a career doing what I love doing."

Do you get recognised a lot when you're out?
    "Yes, I do all the time. People are really friendly. I mostly get asked where Darryl the rat is! Everyone remembers Darryl the rat even though he is not in much."

Who's given you the best piece of advice since joining the show?
    "I have had lots of good advice but one of the main people I listen to is Malcolm Hebden. He has told me not to take anything for granted and every time I do something, to do it to the best of my ability. I loved my scenes with him. It's a great friendship - they are so similar despite the age gap."

Craig gives Norris his first lesson on his tablet computer and shows him how to download the astronomy app.
    © ITV
    Colson with co-star Malcolm Hebden

Do you remember your first day on set and how you felt?
    "Yes, I was 12 and I was with Lisa George [who plays Beth]. We were sat in the green room eating fish and chips and talking about what the future might hold. Lisa was in a normal day-to-day job and I was just a school kid.

"We talked about what it would be like to be in this show full-time, but we never imagined it would actually happen. I was in a scene outside Streetcars and I was very nervous. Every time I walk down the cobbles it is special but that was extra special."

What would you like to see happen next for Craig?
    "I feel Craig would probably be loyal to his mum forever. He loves Kirk and Chesney and being part of a family, so I can't see him being in a rush to leave home. There is always something light-hearted and fun going on. I love the comedy, but it is nice to be involved in something serious like the Faye story. I feel incredibly lucky to be part of this show."

How did you get into acting?
    "When I was 11, I told my mum I didn't want to go to the childminders' any more after school, so she told me I needed to find something else to do until she got home from work. I went to the after school drama group and loved it."

How do you find juggling college and working on Corrie?
    "I am doing a BTEC extended diploma in performing arts and I am in year one. I am coping with the work - the teachers are really supportive and they understand what I am doing and they know I am getting the experience of what they are trying to teach. I am enjoying being in college and working on Corrie."

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (04-02-2015), maidmarian (03-02-2015), mariba (03-02-2015), tammyy2j (03-02-2015)

The actor playing Craig sounds as level-headed
    and pleasant in real life as Craig is in Corrie.
    Hope he succeeds in his studies.
    Always liked Craig -since the Darryl the
    Rat episodes!

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2015), Glen1 (03-02-2015), lizann (04-02-2015), mariba (03-02-2015), parkerman (03-02-2015), Perdita (03-02-2015), swmc66 (09-02-2015), tammyy2j (03-02-2015)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 03-02-2015 at 07:05.

Craig is a great likeable character well played by Colson and now him with Tim extra good too

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-02-2015), Glen1 (03-02-2015), lizann (04-02-2015), maidmarian (03-02-2015), swmc66 (03-02-2015)

A nice support for Faye

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-02-2015), tammyy2j (04-02-2015)

I really like Craig as well....hes great.

Loving the double act with him and Tim as well. I am looking forward to him getting stuck into a big storyline. He is a good little actor. Seems a very pleasant chap as well.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-02-2015), maidmarian (08-02-2015)

Thread Information