Thread: John Michie to Join Holby

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John Michie to Join Holby

The actor, who plays bad boy Karl Munro in the ITV soap, leaves Weatherfield at the end of the year and will join the BBC1 medical series soon after.
    He is expected to play a leading character in the fictional hospital’s neurology department.
    Corrie announced in April that the Scottish actor was departing as the evil partner of Rovers Return landlady Stella Price, played by Michelle Collins.
    He was responsible for the fire in the pub which left Sunita and Stella badly injured – with Sunita succumbing to her injuries.
    It was announced in April he had signed a new six-month contract so bosses could come up with a hard-hitting plot that would see him bow out of the soap later this year.
    John, who starred in crime drama Taggart as DI Robbie Ross until November 2010, said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to be joining the cast of Holby City and I’m looking forward to taking on a new challenge.
    “My mum was a nurse and always wanted me to be a doctor not an actor. So finally her wish has half come true.”
    Oliver Kent, executive producer of Holby, added: “We’re very excited about John joining the Holby City family.
    “He’s a great addition to the show and viewers can look forward to seeing some explosive storylines involving his character.”
    Last edited by alan45; 12-07-2013 at 04:16.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information