Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Voice UK Series 3

Confirmed for BBC One on 11 January at 7.00pm to 8.30pm

The Voice is back for a third series and the famous red chairs are to be filled with a new line-up of megastars as pop icon Kylie Minogue and Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson join Sir Tom Jones and will.i.am in the search for the UK’s next vocal sensation.
    This series welcomes new presenters Emma Willis and Marvin Humes who will be with the acts throughout the Blind Auditions, consoling and congratulating.

The ever-popular coaches’ group performance returns this year as Kylie Minogue, Sir Tom Jones, Ricky Wilson and will.i.am perform an exciting arrangement of familiar songs…

The auditions are about one thing and one thing only - The Voice. Each Coach picks the artist that they want to work with based solely on what they can hear.

Facing away from the stage, the coaches cannot see what the artists look like – if they like what they hear and they want to mentor the voice, they hit their famous red buttons and turn round to see the performer.

With the chance to be personally mentored by one of the four superstars, the artists will be hoping that at least one Coach turns their chair for them. If more than one coach turns round, the coaches must pitch for the artist – they’ll employ their years of experience, their legendary contacts and their unique talents to try to persuade the very best acts to join their team.

Each Coach must form a team of 12 artists. Once each Coach has a full team, they will advise and mentor them through to the next stage of the competition - the Battle Rounds.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-01-2014)

Saturday 18 January
    7.30-8.30pm
    BBC ONE

Emma Willis and Marvin Humes present the next set of Blind Auditions as each of the four coaches, Kylie Minogue, Sir Tom Jones, Ricky Wilson and will.i.am, continue to build their talented team of 12.
    Each coach has the power to kick start a career by pushing their red button and turning their chair. However, if more than one coach turns, the power shifts to the artist, meaning they can choose which superstar would be the perfect fit for their talent.

As the teams start to form under each coach, the competition between them increases and Kylie, will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones and Ricky Wilson will use every trick in the book to ensure they attract the best artists to their team.

The new advert is strange! Who on earth came up with that

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

lizann (30-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    i thought kylie was guesting on holby city

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    i thought kylie was guesting on holby city

Yeah I wasnt sure what was going on but was shocked when it was the voice!

Emmerdale star Kelsey-Beth Crossley auditions during tonight's episode of The Voice.

Kelsey Beth Crossley attending the premiere of Gambit, at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square, London
    © PA Images / Matt Crossick/EMPICS Entertainment

The actress - who appeared in the ITV soap for five years as Scarlett Nichols - will face Kylie Minogue, Ricky Wilson, will.i.am and Sir Tom Jones in an attempt to make it through to the next round of the BBC competition.

Speaking before her audition, Crossley picked up on the similarities between herself and Minogue - who started out on the Australian soap Neighbours before launching a successful music career.

"I love to sing - it was the first thing I got into," Crossley said. "Then when I got into Emmerdale, I put it on the back burner."

She added: "I am serious about being a musician and I'm ready."

Viewers will be able to find out whether Crossley makes it through to the next round on tonight's episode of The Voice, which airs at 7pm on BBC One.
    Last edited by Perdita; 18-01-2014 at 08:34.

The Voice UK is returning for another two series, the BBC has confirmed.

The channel has renewed the singing show for two more years after receiving average viewing figures of 8.9 million for the current run.

Charlotte Moore, controller of BBC One, said of the news: "It's been fantastic to see The Voice return in top form to kick start BBC One's brilliant year so far, the new line-up has really connected with audiences and I look forward to it returning to the channel next year."

Controller, Entertainment Commissioning Mark Linsey added: "The Voice has really cemented itself as hugely popular on BBC One Saturday nights and I am delighted that we will be dusting down the iconic red chairs for another airing next year."

Hosts and coaches for the next two series will be confirmed at a later date.

Applications for series four's open auditions are now being accepted - details are here.

The current run of The Voice UK, its third in total, continues this evening (March 29) at 7pm with the live semi-final, featuring performances by Shakira and Enrique Iglesias.

Thread Information