Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Voice UK Series 3

The Voice UK Series 3

Jessie J has confirmed that she will not return to The Voice UK for its third series.

The 'Wild' singer announced on Twitter that she has given up her coaching role as her music career "has to take priority".

"I've absolutely loved my time on The Voice and I hope everyone saw and knows how passionately I felt about the show," she began.

"However, I can't wait to promote my new record around the world and that has to take priority.

"I shall be keeping a very close eye on series three, showing my support in every way I can and really hope in some way that I can be part of the show."

Mark Linsey, BBC Controller of Entertainment Commissioning, thanked Jessie J for her time on The Voice and announced that bosses "will now start the search for a new coach".

"We're so sorry to see Jessie go as she's been an exceptional coach on, and advocate for, The Voice, but we totally support her decision to leave due to touring commitments overseas," he said.

"We very much hope that Jessie will remain part of the show and come back and perform for us next series. In the meantime, we will now start the search for a new coach."

The official Voice UK Twitter account later read: "Yes, it's true. After being a redonkulously incredible coach for two series of #TheVoiceUK, @jessiej has left the building (and her chair).

"Despite the sniffles, we wish @jessiej lots of love, luck and bigups and we look forward to seeing her tweets about series 3. #TheVoiceUK...#ByeJessieJ #theVOICEuk."

It is not yet known whether will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue will return to The Voice UK for a third series.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-07-2013)

^ Great news

BBC bosses are said to be pursuing Paloma Faith, Rita Ora and Emeli Sandé to fill Jessie J's place on The Voice UK.

Jessie J revealed yesterday (July 5) that she had left her role as coach on the show to concentrate on promoting her upcoming album.

© BBC / Guy Levy
    Paloma Faith

© PA Images / Ben Birchall
    Rita Ora

She said: "I've absolutely loved my time on The Voice and I hope everyone saw and knows how passionately I felt about the show. However, I can't wait to promote my new record around the world and that has to take priority.

"I shall be keeping a very close eye on series three, showing my support in every way I can and really hope in some way that I can be a part of the show."

© WENN
    Emeli Sande

© PA Images
    Jessie J

Faith, Ora and Sandé are said to be the current favourites to replace the 'Wild' singer, with producers set to approach them.

An insider said to The Mirror: "Jessie will need to be replaced by another female. It would be great to have someone young and current. Paloma Faith, Rita Ora and Emeli Sandé are right up there on our wishlist of talent."

i'm available for the job

Well they have already asked me Lizzann, i am thinking it over!

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    damn and i would work quite cheaply and bring my own chair it don't turn though so would need someone to turn me around

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    damn and i would work quite cheaply and bring my own chair it don't turn though so would need someone to turn me around

There is another chance for you

The Voice UK star Danny O'Donoghue has become the second coach to quit the show.

The Irish musician, who won the last series with his act Andrea Begley, announced today (July 16) that he will not be returning for a third year due to recording commitments with The Script.

"I had two wonderful seasons on The Voice and as everybody knows I gave it my heart and soul and couldn't be more proud of the show and what we have achieved," he wrote on Twitter.

"My focus will be on The Script moving forward as we are about to embark on the most important part of our career as a band."

The BBC confirmed the news on its official Twitter, writing: "Danny O'Donoghue, will not be returning to @BBCTheVoiceUK for next year's series due to recording commitments with The Script.

"Danny has been a star on #TheVoiceUK but we understand that he has to focus on his music career - The Script have a busy year ahead.

"We are very sorry to see Danny go but wish him and the band the very best and hope they will come back and perform for us next series."

The corporation added: "The full coaches' line-up for the third series of #TheVoiceUK will be announced in due course."

Jessie J revealed that she would also be leaving The Voice UK less than two weeks ago.

It is not yet known if will.i.am and Sir Tom Jones will remain on the panel for series three.

oh now i will only have to flirt with only sir tom and willy now

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-08-2013 at 17:02.

Thread Information