Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimi Mistry to join Corrie

Did not stop Molly starting an affair with Kevin

Coronation Street star Jimi Mistry has revealed that joining the show wasn't a difficult decision for him.

The actor made his debut on the soap last weekend as Khalid, an old friend of Gary Windass's from the army.

Speaking on ITV's Lorraine today (December 13) about whether it was a difficult decision to join the show after previously focusing on films, Mistry said: "Not really, I have to be honest with you, because it's about the opportunity.

"I've done loads of things, a lot of travelling around the world doing this, that and the other.

"I met with Stuart [Blackburn] the producer and there was an opportunity to join the show. Corrie has been a big favourite of mine over the years. It gave me a great opportunity and the great thing about doing something like this is that the writing is so fantastic.

"As an actor, you get to work every day. It's a very rare thing for an actor and it's a gift to be given, to go into a show like Corrie. It wasn't really a tough decision for me."

Mistry also said that he is enjoying his time on the show, adding that his character is already proving popular with female residents.

He said: "Well, you know they were scoring me out of ten the other night in the episode!

"It's a man's dream to be a hit with the ladies, so we'll see what happens! I'm going in as a single guy, my wife died, I've got two kids, so anything could happen.

"It's been an incredible experience, it really has. I have to say, people say it's like one big family - from the cast to the production office to the make-up department, the costume... it's one big happy family. Everyone's made me feel so welcome, it's been a really good experience so far."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...#ixzz2nLyeUA7R

Kal's father is also coming in next year

I hope they get a decent Asian actor to play him. Remember Dev 's Uncle....what a disaster.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-12-2013)

he has his eyes on leanne but stella has her eyes on him

Coronation Street newcomer Jimi Mistry has predicted that there will be fireworks on the cobbles if his character Kal Nazir gets together with Leanne Tilsley.

Kal has developed feelings for Leanne (Jane Danson) in recent weeks, but the situation could be awkward as he also has a friendship with Leanne's estranged husband Nick.

Next week, Nick (Ben Price) finally becomes suspicious over the obvious spark between the pair, forcing Kal to lie about his feelings when he is confronted by the Bistro owner.

Mistry told Soaplife: "Nick notices there's a lot of chemistry between Kal and Leanne, so he asks Kal outright if there's anything between them.

"Kal denies it - it's the only thing he can do in the circumstances. But the chemistry between Kal and Leanne is so strong, I don't know how long it will remain under wraps. Even if nothing is going on between them, their attraction is obvious."

Asked how Nick would react if Kal and Leanne did become a couple, he replied: "Very, very badly. Nick is still madly in love with Leanne, and Kal knows Nick pines after her."

Mistry also predicted that Kal will decide to stay single if he doesn't manage to win over Leanne. Viewers have already seen him reject Leanne's mum Stella Price.

"Kal might be a charmer, but he's not a player," Mistry said. "Leanne's the only woman he's interested in. If it doesn't work out, he'll just carry on with his life rather than go after another woman."

Coronation Street continues tonight (March 26) at 7.30pm on ITV.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (26-03-2014)

Coronation Street's Kal Nazir and Leanne Tilsley make a big sacrifice next week after spending the night together for the first time.

Although the pair know they make a great match, they quickly decide to call things off again as they can't bear to hurt Leanne's estranged husband Nick.

Here, Jimi Mistry - who plays Kal - explains why the new couple can't be together.

Next week, Nick tells Kal that he's getting back with Leanne, as she has given him false hope. How does Kal react?
    "Kal manages to keep his counsel when Nick tells him that Leanne has decided to give him another chance, but he is feeling frustrated. He understands why Leanne hasn't told Nick the truth, but he also knows he can't carry on like this. He tells her that they need to tell Nick the truth now."

Is Kal worried that they could get back together for real?
    "Kal knows that Leanne loved Nick and he also knows she still really cares about him and doesn't want to break his heart. I guess in the back of Kal's mind he must be worried that Leanne might get back with Nick out of sympathy, but he does know that she really likes him too.

"Kal can understand why Leanne is being careful around Nick as he is quite vulnerable at the moment, but he also believes that they need to tell Nick now as it's unfair to give him mixed signals."

Kal then pushes Nick too hard in the gym, doesn't he?
    "Yes, I think Kal is feeling a mixture of emotions at the moment. Part of him feels guilty for going behind Nick's back with Leanne, but the other part is feeling frustrated that they can't be together openly. It's the frustration which takes over and Kal winds Nick up during a training session at the gym, but this has its repercussions and Nick ends up punching Steve..."

Does Kal feel guilty afterwards?
    "Kal is really ashamed. Sharif tells him he was unprofessional and Kal can only agree with him. He knows he was in the wrong and is appalled by his own actions."

How does Leanne react when she hears what happened?
    "Leanne is furious. She confronts Kal and angrily orders him to stay away from both her and Nick in future. Kal is gutted."

How does Kal try to resolve things?
    "Appalled at his own behaviour, Kal tells Nick that he's sorry for pushing him too hard and tells him it would be best if he found another trainer, but Nick is having none of it and insists Kal joins him for dinner with Leanne in the Bistro.

"The dinner is extremely awkward for both Kal and Leanne, and it's made even worse because Nick is oblivious to everything that is going on."

Why does Kal go to Leanne's flat afterwards?
    "He can't stand Leanne being angry at him and he has such a strong need to be near her. He calls around and kisses her and tells her that he can't keep away any longer. Leanne kisses him back, which is a relief."

They spend the night together, but what's the atmosphere like in the morning?
    "They are so loved up. This is something Kal and Leanne have waited a while for, and they've finally given into their urges. It's a night that's about them and not Nick, and definitely something they both needed to get back on track."

But then Nick calls round unexpectedly…
    "Yes, it's a bit of a shock for Kal and Leanne! Poor Eva, who is already in shock at seeing Kal and Leanne together, then has to spin a story to Nick. It's also a bit of an eye-opener for them both that Nick can't find out accidentally as it would break him."

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-04-2014), maidmarian (22-04-2014), swmc66 (22-04-2014), tammyy2j (22-04-2014)

Oh no Steve get's punched! He seems to be in the wrong place wrong time again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Oh no Steve get's punched! He seems to be in the wrong place wrong time again.
    I hope it makes him smarten his act up and stops acting daft.

Coronation Street star Jimi Mistry has hinted that his character Kal Nazir could have a dark side.

Viewers were first introduced to Kal last year when regular character Dev Alahan hired him as a personal trainer.

More recently he has grown closer to Leanne Tilsley, but the pair will sacrifice their new romance next week for the sake of Leanne's former husband Nick.

Speaking to The Sun about his character Kal, Mistry said: "There's certainly an edge to him and it's just when it will come out.

"With this whole thing with Leanne and Nick you'll see that side of him. There are some confrontations ahead, that's for sure. You might be surprised by him."

Mistry also admitted that he sticks to a strict exercise regime in order to stay in shape for the role. Tonight's (April 23) episode of the soap will see Kal involved in a stripping scene at the Bistro.

He said: "You have to look the part — it wouldn't be good if I was out of breath on screen. I get in the gym, get on and get out - that's my motto!

"I need to work hard and I try to exercise every day. After a long day at work it's quite challenging when all you want to do is go home, but I circuit-train and I've started doing a lot of running."

Speaking about his wife, Strictly Come Dancing star Flavia, Mistry added: "She puts me to shame. We go training together when we can. She cracks the whip a bit, but I do it to her too.

"We went to the gym last weekend and I put her through her paces. You've got to believe what you're playing!"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-04-2014), swmc66 (23-04-2014)

Thread Information