Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimi Mistry to join Corrie

Cool Jimi Mistry to join Corrie

Coronation Street bosses have announced that East Is East star Jimi Mistry is joining the soap's cast.

The actor will begin filming with the ITV show in September, taking on the role of Gary Windass's old friend Khalid.

© Rex Features / Jonathan Hordle
    Jimi Mistry

Khalid - or Kal for short - is an ex-squaddie turned personal trainer, who has been tipped to set "tongues wagging and pulses racing" on the cobbles.

While show bosses aren't giving away any storyline details, Kal has been billed as a charming, roguish character. He also has a wandering eye and might upset some of the street's male residents.

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn commented: "I'm thrilled to welcome Jimi to Coronation Street. With credits that include East Is East, The Guru and Blood Diamond, getting him on board is a real coup.

"Jimi's character is going to have a swift impact on the lives of many in Weatherfield."

Mistry, who also previously played Dr Fonseca in EastEnders, will appear on screen from November.
    Last edited by alan45; 02-07-2013 at 13:44.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-07-2013), lizann (03-07-2013), Pussycat1one (06-12-2013), Ruffed_lemur (03-07-2013), tammyy2j (02-07-2013)

he is not a bit old to be a mate of gary

Cool! Glad he's joining the street.

I suppose if he's a mate from the army then he could be any age

I do like jimmi misty

Kal has been billed as a charming, roguish character. He also has a wandering eye and might upset some of the street's male residents.
    Keep him away from Izzy, would be so predictable if she went off with one of Gary's mates

Last edited by tammyy2j; 04-07-2013 at 14:08.

That`s Maria, Michelle, Sally, and Tracy`s next bedpost notch sorted then

double post
    Last edited by TaintedLove; 04-07-2013 at 17:11.

The identity of Liz McDonald's new man on Coronation Street has reportedly been revealed.

Newcomer Jimi Mistry will play the Rovers Return landlady's toyboy after being cast as Gary Windass's old army friend Khalid.

The East Is East star's character has been described as a charming, roguish personal trainer who sets "tongues wagging and pulses racing" when he arrives on the cobbles.

Liz will apparently become romantically involved with Khalid shortly after she returns to Weatherfield later this month. Actress Beverley Callard announced her comeback in May.

She said of her character's love life: "She's telling everyone she's single, but there is someone coming in for Liz. My God, it's so exciting, but I can't reveal anything else yet."

Liz takes over the Rovers upon her return after buying the pub with son Steve (Simon Gregson). Michelle Connor (Kym Lomas) will become co-landlady.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    That`s Maria, Michelle, Sally, and Tracy`s next bedpost notch sorted then
    Probably not Sally's; Tim would love someone to take her off of his hands right now it seems. I wonder if there may be something between Khalid and Carla, especially if this Peter and Tina thing turns out to be true.

Thread Information