Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jimi Mistry to join Corrie

I really don't like them as a couple

Do not like Nick. How mean is he. Kal must not be fasting otherwise Leanne would have known about ...not even water!

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Kal must not be fasting otherwise Leanne would have known about ...not even water!
    When Kal and Leanne were going out for a meal on her birthday, Kal asked Leanne not to tell his family that he'd be eating. So he obviously doesn't always observe Ramadan when his family aren't around.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 05-07-2014 at 18:39.

I thought Kal lived with his family. If so he would have to get up about 2am to eat until 3am to observe the fast. Then would not be able to eat or drink until 9.23. If he was not fasting his family would know.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I thought Kal lived with his family. If so he would have to get up about 2am to eat until 3am to observe the fast. Then would not be able to eat or drink until 9.23. If he as not fasting his family would know.
    I don't know enough about it to have an opinion, so I'm just going by what Kal himself said in a recent episode. Maybe he was going to let himself off the hook that one time because it was Leanne's birthday?

Jimi Mistry is to leave Coronation Street later in 2015 with show bosses promising a "huge secret plot twist" for his character, gym owner Kal Nazir.

Mistry, who has featured on the ITV soap since December 2013, said today of his departure: "When I was told about this storyline I felt it was a brilliant way to say goodbye to Kal and I am really looking forward to filming my departure scenes.

"I have had a fantastic 18 months on Coronation Street but I never saw myself staying around forever. My life is in London and I enjoy playing a variety of roles.

"I want to thank Stuart Blackburn and the team for giving me the opportunity to be part of such a fantastic show. This is the longest I have ever been in one job and I have enjoyed it immensely."

Producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Kal’s departure will be a big part of the fantastic spring and summer of drama on Coronation Street.

"We discussed the plot idea with Jimi and we all feel it is a great storyline which will have huge ramifications for the Nazirs and Leanne going forward.

“Jimi is a talented actor and an asset to the show and we will be sorry to see him go, but this is a fantastic exit storyline there are still many twists and turns for the character in the coming months.”

Kal is currently in a relationship with Leanne Tilsley, with recent plotlines having seen the introduction of members of his family including daughter Alya (Sair Khan). Prior to Coronation Street, Mistry was previously a regular on BBC1 soap EastEnders, where he played Dr Fred Fonseca.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015), lizann (17-03-2015)

simon, leanne and the chickens kill kal

kal and his family will be no loss to the show if they all leave, i may miss the chickens

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

DaVeyWaVey (18-03-2015), parkerman (17-03-2015), tammyy2j (18-03-2015)

kal and his family will be no loss to the show if they all leave, i may miss the chickens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (18-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

Kal and his new family have been dire. And the chicken storyline has been awful, neither funny or interesting. Kal has dragged down Leanne too. Overall, I won't miss his character. Leanne's character has gone downhill for a while now - since they've paired her up with Kal, she's gone dull. She had more of a spark when she was with Peter and Nick.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015), lizann (18-03-2015), maidmarian (18-03-2015), Perdita (18-03-2015), tammyy2j (18-03-2015)

Thread Information