Thread: Trevor Royle (Greg Wood)

Exclamation Trevor Royle (Greg Wood)

Hollyoaks villain Trevor Royle is at the centre of a big storyline next week as he starts threatening the McQueen family.

With Trevor still stewing over his showdown with Jacqui, the dangerous bad boy seizes an opportunity to find out where she is. Hell-bent on settling the score, Trevor's ruthless behaviour soon leaves the McQueens, Vincent, George and Ste all in the firing line.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Greg Wood, who plays Trevor, to hear what's in store and to get an insight into what makes his character tick.

How's it all going at Hollyoaks?
    "It's going very well and I'm really enjoying it. The writers have been coming up with lots of good stuff for Trevor, and he seems to have his fingers in lots of pies! I'm really pleased with how it's going, especially as some of the scenes we've been filming have been so exciting.

"I did Brookside ten years ago and there are a quite a few familiar faces behind the scenes who are still here at Lime Pictures now. It's really great to be back."

We first saw you on screen briefly for Jacqui's exit storyline. Did you always know there was a longer-term plan for Trevor?
    "Initially I didn't know. As far as I knew, I was just on Hollyoaks for a short little stint. After that little starter period, I found out that Trevor would be coming back to cause more mischief. I was really pleased to find that out - it's brilliant."

How do you describe Trevor? We know that he's a villain, but could there be more to him?
    "Trevor is definitely a villain, but I think he's damaged goods. He's got a lot of baggage and there are definitely reasons why he is the way he is. I think you'll soon see that he's also a bit of a quirky character. There's some stuff coming up where you'll hopefully find out more about Trevor and where he's coming from.

"Trevor is certainly a bad apple, but he justifies things for himself and he has his own reasons for doing things. He's very good at what he does, and he just sees it as business.

"I'd also say Trevor is a bit of a sociopath, really! Any normal person would think that his crimes are heinous, but in his own head, he sees it purely as making the business work - and his business is a bad business."

© Lime Pictures
    Trevor with the McQueens.

A few of your roles have been bad boys. Do you prefer playing the villain?
    "I always say that villains are loads of fun to play. When you're playing a bad character, you're not just dealing with normal everyday stuff like buying a loaf of bread! It's generally a bit more dramatic and everything is a bit more heightened. In that sense, it's very exciting and sometimes quite cathartic! I also think people enjoy watching a villain and hopefully within that, we can still get a human side across."

What can we expect from next week's storyline where Trevor is threatening the McQueens?
    "Trevor still hasn't forgotten the Jacqui situation and Phoebe coming along on the van heist. In a bit of a panic and not really thinking it through, Phoebe now wants to get some immigration papers for Vincent to help him stay in the country. Phoebe calls someone about getting hold of these papers and gets given a number, not realising that it's Trevor.

"When Phoebe goes ahead with her plan, she gets kidnapped, taken back to Trevor's club and held hostage. There's lots of threats and intimidation coming Phoebe's way, so it's quite frightening for her."

What happens next?
    "George and Vincent find out where Phoebe is and they turn up to find her, along with Ste. In a nutshell, it's a case of whether he's prepared to let them go. The McQueens also come up with a fake funeral to convince Trevor that Jacqui is dead, but you'll have to watch to find out whether he's fooled by that…"

© Lime Pictures
    Trevor tips over the coffin.

With Trevor being so intimidating towards everyone, is he just making empty threats or would he always follow through with his violence?
    "If Trevor doesn't get his way, he's definitely not afraid to carry out his threats and that's where the menace is. He will do these things, and he has done them in the past. I think that's what makes him so intimidating. He'd definitely carry out whatever he's said."

There's a big interest in your storyline with Ste. Is there more coming up for those two?
    "Yeah, there's more coming up with Ste. I think you're going to see Ste get stuck very deep in the web that Trevor is creating. Like I said, Trevor has his fingers in a lot of pies and there's definitely more stuff coming up. He starts owning people in a way and getting them to do whatever he wants them to do."

Have you seen much reaction to Trevor online yet?
    "There hasn't been a huge amount yet because Trevor has only been on screen quite briefly, but that may change when he becomes more regular on the show. I do get people saying that I play the villain very well, which I always take as a compliment! It's all good fun. I always say it's my eyebrows!"

Do you have fond memories of your time on Coronation Street as Rick Neelan, and working with the likes of Barbara Knox (Rita) and Michelle Keegan (Tina)?
    "It was fantastic - there were some great actors to work with on the show. I really enjoyed being part of Rita's wedding storyline and to work with such an old pro was great.

"We did some big stuff at the docks where Rick kidnapped Rita, and it was such a cold day. Barbara was out there in the cold in a little wedding dress, absolutely freezing, but she stuck it out and she didn't moan. Michelle Keegan is also a lovely girl and a good actress. It was lots of fun."

he had potential for a romance with porsche but i like with grace too

Trevor Royle will vow to kill manipulative Kim Butterfield after she allows Frankie Osborne to take home his baby son Curtis.

Esther Bloom gave birth to Trevor (Greg Wood) and Grace's baby earlier this month, but the pair were later banned from seeing him by a protective Frankie.

With Esther still recovering in hospital following her heart attack, Kim decides to intervene and tells Frankie that as she is Esther's next of kin, she will be allowed to take Curtis home.

However, Trevor and Grace are furious when they see Frankie leaving the hospital with their baby, whilst Kim witnesses their anguish from the sidelines.

Later, Grace and Kim bump into Frankie at the coffee shop, where she reveals that it was Kim who allowed her and Jack to bring Curtis home.

When Frankie allows Kim to babysit Curtis, she goes against her wishes and takes him to see Grace, where she suggests that the three of them run away together.

Later, an angry Trevor tells Robbie that he is going to kill Kim, but exactly what does he have planned for her?

Hollyoaks' Trevor Royle will find himself in the middle of a dangerous plan to kidnap unwell Patrick Blake.

Trevor will be backed into a corner after the arrival of ruthless villain Ashley Davidson, who was on the hunt for Ben Bradley's daughter Carly before she died.

Kierston Wareing as Ashley Davidson in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Kierston Wareing as Ashley Davidson

It was previously reported that EastEnders star Kierston Wareing would be playing the fearsome new character and she wastes no time in demanding money that she lost when Carly stole an expensive ring of hers.

However, with Trevor unsure over how to handle the situation, Ashley is given an idea when she meets Theresa McQueen and learns that she has managed to raise £60,000 for a special-needs unit at the school.

Realising that this could be her chance to make up the money she is missing, Ashley devises a plan to kidnap Patrick and keep him ransom until the cash is handed over.

After relaying the scheme to a worried Trevor, he soon realises that this could be his only chance to get Ashley off his back for good and they eventually manage to convince an unenthusiastic Robbie Roscoe to be their alibi.

As Trevor plans to follow through with the kidnap at the launch of the special-needs unit, the scheme looks set to backfire when Holly Cunningham overhears what is going on.

However, in a twist that neither Trevor nor Ashley will see coming, it is Robbie they should be most concerned about when it becomes apparent that he is secretly working as an informant for policeman Ben. Will their plan be exposed?

Wareing is best known to soap fans for her role as Kirsty Branning on EastEnders. Kirsty was introduced to fans as a surprise twist in the BBC soap's Christmas episode in 2012, sticking around in Albert Square for a year after.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3jp7DlHk7

Hollyoaks looks set to lose one of its best-loved baddies - if these shock filming pictures are anything to go by.

Cast and crew have been working out on location in Liverpool this week for what appears to be Trevor Royle's funeral.

Paparazzi photographers caught regular cast members Tamara Wall (Grace Black), Anna Passey (Sienna Blake) and Jazmine Franks (Esther Bloom) shooting the tear-jerking scenes outside a church.

Hollyoaks cast filming funeral scenes in Liverpool
    © FameFlynet
    Newcomers Maxim Baldry and Luke Jerdy were also present for the shoot, which sees Grace's on-screen brothers Liam and Jesse help to carry the coffin.

Nothing has been confirmed by Hollyoaks, but with Grace looking so devastated in the scenes and needing comfort from Sienna and Esther, it looks like she really has lost her beloved partner. But if Trevor dies, how will it happen and could one of the villagers be responsible?

Hollyoaks cast filming funeral scenes in Liverpool
    © FameFlynet
    Greg Wood joined Hollyoaks in the role of Trevor in 2013. His early villainous antics sparked Jacqui McQueen's exit storyline and it seemed his stay would be short-lived, but he was later promoted to a regular cast member.

Known for loving his pet fish just as much as causing terror in the village, Trevor's quirky nature has proved popular with the show's fanbase.

Will Sienna and Trevor get caught?
    © Lime Pictures
    Trevor's latest storyline has seen him betray Grace by embarking on an affair with Sienna, but will this love triangle now have a deadly end? Or will he bow out as part of another explosive plot?

Digital Spy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

eni294 (13-04-2016), tammyy2j (13-04-2016)

Damn you Nico if she kills him

Coronation Street comeback for Greg Wood as ruthless loan shark Rick Neelan returns!!

He'll be back on the cobbles later this year.

Coronation Street bosses are bringing back dangerous loan shark Rick Neelan, Digital Spy have exclusively revealed!

Show chiefs have signed up Greg Wood for another return stint as the ruthless character, who was last seen on our screens in 2012.

Fans will remember Rick as the sinister thug who made Joe McIntyre's life a misery in 2009. He also famously kidnapped Corrie legend Rita Tanner on her wedding day three years later.

A Corrie source told Digital Spy: "Rick will be coming back for a few months and will be up to his old tricks by terrorising some of the local residents.

"Viewers will have to stay tuned to find out who he'll be targeting this time, but it's safe to say that it's never good news for the characters when Rick is around."

Rick's original storyline in 2009 saw Gail's husband Joe take out a loan from him as he was struggling with debts. When Joe was unable to pay Rick back in time, the villain turned nasty by issuing terrifying threats and upping the interest on the loan.

Joe later died after a hapless attempt to fake his own death, but Rick still didn't give up on the money and turned his attentions to the kitchen fitter's family instead. His reign of terror included setting a newspaper alight and posting it through Tina McIntyre's front door.

When Rick returned in 2012, he gave a loan to Terry Duckworth and later forced the rogue's son Tommy to carry out some criminal jobs to repay the debt.

When disapproving Tina crossed him, Rick took drastic action by kidnapping Rita on her wedding day and taking her off to the canalside, threatening to throw her in the water.

In 2013, Greg was cast in Hollyoaks and had a three-year stint as gangster Trevor Royle.

Coronation Street will air Rick's return scenes in March.

Digital Spy

Thread Information