Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa Dingle (Jane Cox)

The scene where Lisa was telling Zak was heartbreaking well done to Jane and Steve

The way Derek was tonight I think he might have attacked others in the past

I'm glad all the factory girls believed Lisa and I think Jai does also

I think this has been written brilliantly and the way Zak held her at the end of the 2nd ep last night certainly brought tears to my eye.s I just hope people remember this amazing acting when the awards are decided upon in months' time :/

I was glad to see Zak react that way too, could have easily turned round and blamed Lisa for it happening. Very well acted!!!

I was more proud of the way they handled Lisa teling Belle. She didn't tell Belle the whole truth just that she had been attacked and hurt. Well done to Jane and Co for the way they are highlighting this story.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I am so glad they didn't drag this out much longer - the scenes last week were heartbreaking. The actors are really showing their stuff, aren't they.

I bet he gets off though

After weeks of trying to bottle up his rage, Zak finally flips and goes on the hunt for rapist Derek.
    Lisa and Zak are devastated when the police call with bad news. Unfortunately there isn't enough evidence to prosecute Derek for his crimes.
    While Lisa puts on a brave face - determined not to let it ruin their lives, Zak can barely contain his fury.
    Deciding that he needs to get revenge for his wife, Zak storms Derek's house intent on administering his own brand of Dingle justice.

But even as Derek quakes under Zak's righteous indignation, Lisa is in a race against time to stop her husband, before he murders the man who raped her.
    Will Lisa get to Zak in time?
    Or will dastardly Derek get what he deserves?

Follow all the action from Monday, 14th March.
    Last edited by alan45; 06-03-2011 at 01:13.

Emmerdale actress Jane Cox has said that the current plot surrounding the aftermath of Lisa Dingle's rape is important to debunk the myths of sexual assault.

Recently, it was revealed that Lisa was raped by family friend Derek Benrose (Stephen Bent), and the following weeks have seen the Dingle family and Lisa's friends and colleagues deal with the fallout of the revelation.

Speaking to TV Times, Cox said that the plot uncovered many of the prejudices people held towards the type of women that are victims of sexual assault.

She explained: "People have preconceived ideas about what a rape victim looks like, but it's not about being young and beautiful - rape is all about power and control.

"Telly is often all glamour and airbrushing. People have said on internet forums, 'Who would want to rape Lisa Dingle?' but that's what has people interested. Anyone can be a rape victim.

"The majority of rapes are committed by men that women know and trust. That's why I think this storyline is so brilliant - it's got people thinking."

Cox also admitted that she was concerned about how co-star Bent would be treated in public following the harrowing storyline.

"I was worried about Steve. He's such a lovely man and a generous actor. I didn't want people to hound him, thinking he was like Derek. That hasn't happened, which I'm pleased about," she added.

Emmerdale's Jane Cox hopes Lisa and Zak Dingle's marriage will survive the trauma of Lisa's rape trial.

Jane has played Lisa for 15 years, but recently faced her biggest acting challenge to date when her alter ego was raped by former friend Derek Benrose, and the stress of the upcoming trial has left her marriage in tatters.

Lisa told Inside Soap magazine: "I couldn't bear it if Zak and Lisa split up properly. Steve Halliwell (Zak) and I are virtually married ourselves!"

Jane's performances since the rape happened have received plaudits from many people and she is tipped to do well at next month's British Soap Awards.

But Jane is most pleased by the response from those unfortunate enough to have gone through a similar experience to Lisa's.

"I've been surprised when people have said nice things about my performance," the actress said. "If our storyline helps anyone, that's great."

PA
    Last edited by Perdita; 28-04-2011 at 13:22.

A bit more from Inside Soap

Jane Cox has revealed that she would be very unhappy if her Emmerdale character Lisa Dingle were to split from her husband Zak (Steve Halliwell).

Fans of the Dales-based soap have seen the Dingles gripped in a crisis, after Lisa revealed that she was raped by family friend Derek Benrose (Stephen Bent).

Zak has struggled to cope with the aftermath of the trauma, which has put an increasing strain on his relationship with a confused and hurt Lisa.

Cox told Inside Soap that she is flattered by the warm reception the plot has received from fans.

"I've been surprised when people have said nice things about my performance," she explained. "If our storyline helps anyone, that's great."

However, the actress said that she hopes Zak and Lisa are able to resolve their issues and return to their marriage.

"I couldn't bear it if Zak and Lisa split up properly," she explained. "Steve Halliwell and I are virtually married ourselves!"

Previously, Cox said that the rape storyline is important to debunk the myths of sexual assault.

Exclamation Lisa Dingle

Emmerdale star Jane Cox has admitted that she was nervous about filming the latest crisis for the Dingle family.

Tonight's episode (June 26) sees the actress's character Lisa Dingle react furiously when she learns that her daughter Belle's health scare has been caused by wayward Debbie (Charley Webb).

Fans have seen Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper) rushed to hospital in a bad state this week after drinking some of Debbie's dodgy vodka.

Cox told itv.com: "Lisa just sees red. She just wants to kill Debbie! How dare she nearly kill her daughter?"

Although Debbie is apologetic, Lisa is in no mood for forgiveness as she pushes her out of Belle's hospital room in a rage.

Cox continued: "Slamming Debbie Dingle across the corridor and into the family room, the adrenaline rush was massive - and it was quite exciting actually at the time! Although, I dreaded that day so much. I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to get to the right kind of pitch and I don't want to let anybody down.

"What Debbie's done is beyond reproach. It's beyond Dingle law. To harm another member of the Dingle family is the worst thing you could do. For the Dingles and for the family, Debbie is now an outcast."

Thread Information