Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa Dingle (Jane Cox)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I must give huge credit to the writers of Emmerdale and Jane Cox who plays Lisa for this storyline which was kept under wraps until it happened as the acting and writing has been great

I think Zak and others might suspect an affair between Lisa and Derek as they used sorta flirt with each other and the other factory girls commented that Derek had the hots for Lisa.

I'm sure once the truth come out Dingle justice will be given out to Derek i.e. a good hammering

Lisa confided in Debbie she was raped but didnt name Derek as the culprit
    The actress who plays Lisa is doing great in this storyline

I hope Lisa tells Debbie soon that it was Derek. He needs to get hs cummupance.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

inkyskin (30-01-2011)

i'm wondering whether lisa will crack or debbie will do something..Zac will go mental
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

Derek and Lisa's dark Emmerdale storyline comes back to the forefront of the soap later this month as Lisa faces a heartwrenching dilemma.

When Derek starts getting close to Lizzie at the factory, Lisa is plagued with worry about their growing bond - well aware of Derek's true colours and how dangerous he is.

Lizzie soon admits that she fancies Derek, and while Lisa is desperate to warn her off, she finds herself unable to do so because she doesn't want to reveal her rape ordeal.

With no other option, Lisa confronts Derek directly - angrily warning him to stay away from Lizzie. However, Lisa is left sickened when Derek says that she can't tell him what to do just because they "had a fling".

Following the confrontation, will Lisa carry on keeping quiet or could she be about to make the most difficult confession of her life?

These scenes air on Wednesday, February 23 at 7pm on ITV

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

southlundon (14-02-2011), TaintedLove (14-02-2011), tammyy2j (13-02-2011)

Being raped is a nightmare in itself, so spare a thought for Emmerdale's Lisa Dingle - who then has to drop the bombshell to husband Zak.

The factory worker, who is played by Jane Cox, was assaulted by Derek Benrose, but had been too shell-shocked to reveal what happened until finding her courage in scenes airing next week.

"It's incredibly difficult - Lisa realises she should have told Zak ages ago but it was too difficult at the time," Jane said.

"Like any kind of lies, the truth always outs in the end. Zak's devastated that he couldn't do anything to help her or stop it from happening. Zak welcomed Derek into their home so he feels a pang of guilt and a sense of responsibility."

Jane is glad when Lisa's secret comes out in the open.

"It's a relief to her. I don't think she could have gone on much longer in that situation alone," she continued.

"The burden has been like a volcano ready to erupt so there's definitely a sense of relief. However it opens a whole new can of worms, there's a whole host of new problems as obviously she has to tell Zak and explain what's happened to Belle and Sam in the best way she can."

Emmerdale star Jane Cox has explained that her character Lisa Dingle feels relieved after she finally opens up about her rape ordeal.

Next week's episodes of the soap see Lisa tell her friends and family that she was sexually assaulted by Derek Benrose (Stephen Bent) after suffering in silence for several weeks.

Lisa makes her confession after noticing that Derek is getting close to Lizzie Lakely (Kitty McGeever), making her realise that she has to speak up.

Speaking about the impact of Lisa's decision, Cox told Inside Soap: "It's very difficult for Lizzie to comprehend - but most people know Lisa well enough to take her at her word."

She continued: "I don't think she could have gone much longer in that situation alone. The burden has been like a volcano waiting to erupt so there's definitely a sense of relief. But Lisa has opened a whole new can of worms now."

Following Lisa's confession, it will not be immediately clear whether Derek will be brought to justice.

Cox added: "The police are kind but they're aware of how long it's taken Lisa to come forward, and that may jeopardise any investigation. The question now is whether there's enough evidence."

I bet this is not the first time Derek has rapped women. I think it will take a few more victims to come forward for him to be bought to justice.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Emmerdale was brillant tonight, good for Lisa, for finally telling everyone, can't wait untill tomorrow

I don't watch Emmerdale alot but I thought tonight's episode's were brilliant, the way that Lisa came out with it and everyone in the factory knew straight away that she was telling the truth. The scene's at the end of the second episode where she told Zak were very powerful too, she didn't have to say the words because Zak just knew and when she broke down in his arms I had tears in my eyes. I hope that Jane who plays her wins an award for her amazing acting in this storyline.

Jane Cox was on superb form tonight as Lisa Dingle in a well scripted and acted performance . Well done to all at Emmerdale

Thread Information