Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Dingle (Jane Cox)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Where is Lisa?
    visiting Granny Clegg again..

Emmerdale star Jane Cox: 'I didn't like Zak and Joanie's affair storyline'

The actress wanted Zak and Lisa to stay loyal to each other.

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    8 December 2015

Emmerdale star Jane Cox has admitted that she wasn't too pleased when she first heard about the Dingle family's latest storyline.

The actress's popular character Lisa Dingle could be heading for heartbreak in the coming weeks, as her husband Zak betrays her by growing close to their friend Joanie Wright.

The infidelity plot is set to explode over the festive period on Emmerdale, as Zak's daughter Belle spots him kissing Joanie. Shocked by what she's seen, Belle then considers exposing the truth during their family's Christmas lunch.

Asked about her initial reaction to the shock storyline, Cox confessed: "I didn't like it, that's the honest truth. Lisa and Zak were the only characters whose relationship was as solid as a rock, and I felt that was a good thing for the village.

"I'm not in any way in charge of all of that, but I think in a way it's very interesting and complex and it's been good to do so far. It's been very well written, so I can buy that these things happen to people."

Revealing how she learned of the plot, Cox continued: "I kind of heard about it. We're all so busy here and don't always have time. The producer was going to see us, but of course she's so busy too, so you hear about it and then you have to tap people and ask what's happening.

"We don't have control over what happens with our stories - we're here to tell stories as best we can. These things do happen. You read of people in their seventies who suddenly aren't with each other any more, so I think it's a very human story in lots of ways, although I might not personally like it.

"It's a very human story and with the way it's been written, you can sympathise with all of the people. Nobody's perfect - we're all human aren't we?"

Cox warned that she isn't sure whether Lisa will be able to forgive Zak if Belle does choose to reveal his betrayal.

She said: "I really don't know what Lisa should do. In life this happens for some reasons and good things can come out of something terrible, so I don't know what that might mean.

"It might mean in future there might be a chance for them, but it might also mean that there isn't at all. I don't know what's going to happen in the future. But Lisa's immediate reaction would be anger!"

Emmerdale airs an hour-long episode on Christmas Day at 6.45pm on ITV.

Read more at:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...air-storyline/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-12-2015)

I agree with Jane I didn't want this affair either

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-12-2015)

the actress is also seeming to take more and more little breaks away from the show - could this be a way for her to slow down her workload a bit?

Lisa Dingle gets her own back on her husband’s mistress in next week’s Emmerdale with a little help from some pigs! The factory worker is nursing a broken heart after husband Zak left her for Joanie after getting steamy with her before Christmas. That affair has put a wedge between Zak & his daughter Belle, who has sided with her mum, so imagine how annoyed Lisa is when Joanie tells her to help Zak & Belle get their relationships back on track. Interfering Joanie soon realises she’s overstepped the mark when Lisa gets her revenge by dumping off Zak’s pigs at Dale view. As a result Zak suggests to Joanie they go & stay in Abe’s place in Ireland for a while & it’s left to Kerry to break the news to Belle that her dad has left the village. Belle’s adamant her mum shouldn’t find out but it’s not long before Pearl puts her foot in it & the truth comes out just as Lisa is already feeling depressed because it’s also her wedding anniversary.
    Will her heartbreak bring on another angina attack?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (24-01-2016), lizann (24-01-2016)

cain banned family in ireland helping zak, dingle law

Emmerdale's Lisa Dingle will make a big decision next week after learning that her love rival Joanie Wright has got a job at the factory.

Lisa (Jane Cox) was left heartbroken at the end of last year when her husband Zak walked out on her in order to be with their friend Joanie.

Lisa has been forced to put on a brave face ever since but she will reach the end of her tether in upcoming scenes when she learns that Joanie will be working alongside her at the factory.

When a skint Joanie swallows her pride and grovels at the factory for a job, Belle and Lisa reel when they see where she's finally found work.

© ITV
    Zak and Joanie arrive at Lisa's party

Although Lisa confronts her, Joanie insists that she has little choice due to the fact that she needs to support her grandson Kyle. However, Lisa is later delivered a further blow when she realises that her and Joanie are down to work the same shifts.

Despairing, Lisa tells an equally upset Belle that she is thinking of selling the house so that Zak and Joanie can be out of their way once and for all. Belle is shocked and saddened by her mother's suggestion and later confides in Chas over Lisa's plans.

© ITV
    Belle and Lisa are furious

As Lisa pushes on with the plans to move and even starts packing, Belle struggles to get her head around the fact that she might have to move out of her family home.

While Belle remains firmly against the idea of moving away, ​one person who is happy about the potential house sale is Joanie and she does her best to convince Zak that it could be for the best. Will Lisa really be forced out of the house she loves? Or could Zak intervene?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday March 21, Tuesday March 22 and Thursday March 24 on ITV.

By Sophie Dainty, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...-big-decision/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-03-2016)

is it back to lisa clegg, better lisa dingle

is jane cox leaving?

Emmerdale has revealed that Lisa Dingle will return to the village next week.

Lisa made an abrupt departure last month after realising that arguing with her partner Zak was becoming bad for her health.

Next week's Emmerdale episodes see Lisa return earlier than she'd planned to.

Lisa reappears on Monday (May 7) following her daughter Belle's mental health relapse, which comes to a head in this Friday's episode as concern grows for her wellbeing.

Lisa Dingle returns in Emmerdale
    © ITV

When Lisa arrives back in the village, it's clear that there's plenty to talk about after everything that's happened in her absence.

Zak also gets emotional as he admits how much he's missed Lisa, but can he convince her to stay or is this just a flying visit?

Lisa headed out of Emmerdale after suffering a terrifying angina attack following a row with Zak over Liv Flaherty's Youth Offenders sentence.

Following some advice from the doctors, Lisa decided that she needed to avoid further stress for the good of her health.

Jane Cox, who plays Lisa, recently told us: "Lisa decided to leave because of her health condition. She knew that if she stayed for any longer, it wasn't going to be good for her. Being around Zak is not good for her health.

"Lisa has not been able to do anything to resolve the situation with Liv and she's very upset that Liv has been sent down. But the fallout of that is Zak has been vile to Lisa and not supported her at all. Aaron's had a go at her too, so everyone's against her.

"That's what made Lisa have the angina attack. The doctor told her that she had to calm down to get away from the stress, because it wasn't doing any good for her at all."

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Monday, May 7 at 7pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

Thread Information