Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Lomas joins as Jake Stone

EastEnders' Lauren Branning receives an unexpected surprise next week as she realises that her new love interest is married.

As fans already know, recovering alcoholic Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) will strike up a bond with newcomer Jake Stone after they get to know each other at their counselling sessions.

Jamie Lomas as Jake.
    © BBC
    Jamie Lomas as Jake.

Lauren is pleased over her growing connection with Jake, but her mood suddenly changes when she spots a wedding ring on his finger and realises that he isn't available.

Former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas, who plays Jake, told Soaplife of the pair's scenes: "She's very attractive, but she is quite young. It is a gradual thing between them.

"Jake doesn't have an ulterior motive in getting to know her - he's not hiding the fact he's married, because he's just trying to help her and be a friend. That's what recovering alcoholics do. They try to be there to support each other."

Asked about Jake's wife, he replied: "They're being very secretive and not declaring too much to me at the moment. Yes, Jake is married, but he doesn't talk about his wife at first."

EastEnders airs Lomas's first scenes as Jake on Thursday (August 15).

EastEnders' Lauren Branning receives an unexpected surprise next week as she realises that her new love interest is married.

As fans already know, recovering alcoholic Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) will strike up a bond with newcomer Jake Stone after they get to know each other at their counselling sessions.

Jamie Lomas as Jake.
    © BBC
    Jamie Lomas as Jake.

Lauren is pleased over her growing connection with Jake, but her mood suddenly changes when she spots a wedding ring on his finger and realises that he isn't available.

Former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas, who plays Jake, told Soaplife of the pair's scenes: "She's very attractive, but she is quite young. It is a gradual thing between them.

"Jake doesn't have an ulterior motive in getting to know her - he's not hiding the fact he's married, because he's just trying to help her and be a friend. That's what recovering alcoholics do. They try to be there to support each other."

Asked about Jake's wife, he replied: "They're being very secretive and not declaring too much to me at the moment. Yes, Jake is married, but he doesn't talk about his wife at first."

EastEnders airs Lomas's first scenes as Jake on Thursday (August 15).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (13-08-2013)

Is Sadie his wife?

He looks kinda old for Lauren to me

Last edited by tammyy2j; 13-08-2013 at 21:43.

EastEnders newcomer Jamie Lomas has revealed that he was terrified about his first day on set.

Viewers will see the former Hollyoaks actor's first scenes on the soap tomorrow night (Thursday, August 15) as recovering alcoholic Jake.

Lomas told What's on TV: "It's bizarre. I have done the rounds really, but even though I have worked pretty much solid in the last 12 years and done a lot of soap, I was actually terrified when I walked into the studios at Elstree where EastEnders is filmed.

"The first people I saw were Patsy Palmer and Jessie Wallace, and I was like, 'Oh my God!'"

Lomas also revealed that he has lost a lot of weight since he last appeared on screen.

He said: "At Hollyoaks, you are working 12 hours a day and there is no gym there. You don't realise it, but you are eating on the move.

"I got up to 15 stone and thought, 'I need to do something now'. I started boxing. While I was in America, I was going to the Wild Card gym, which is owned by a famous trainer called Freddie Roach and since I've been back, I've been training with a friend.

"They've got a gym at Elstree, so I am coming in early to train."

Lomas played the role of killer Warren Fox on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, later returning for another stint in late 2010.

EastEnders airs his first scenes as Jake Stone on Thursday, August 15 at 7.30pm.

EastEnders newcomer Jamie Lomas has revealed that he was terrified about his first day on set.

Viewers will see the former Hollyoaks actor's first scenes on the soap tomorrow night (Thursday, August 15) as recovering alcoholic Jake.

Lomas told What's on TV: "It's bizarre. I have done the rounds really, but even though I have worked pretty much solid in the last 12 years and done a lot of soap, I was actually terrified when I walked into the studios at Elstree where EastEnders is filmed.

"The first people I saw were Patsy Palmer and Jessie Wallace, and I was like, 'Oh my God!'"

Lomas also revealed that he has lost a lot of weight since he last appeared on screen.

He said: "At Hollyoaks, you are working 12 hours a day and there is no gym there. You don't realise it, but you are eating on the move.

"I got up to 15 stone and thought, 'I need to do something now'. I started boxing. While I was in America, I was going to the Wild Card gym, which is owned by a famous trainer called Freddie Roach and since I've been back, I've been training with a friend.

"They've got a gym at Elstree, so I am coming in early to train."

Lomas played the role of killer Warren Fox on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, later returning for another stint in late 2010.

EastEnders airs his first scenes as Jake Stone on Thursday, August 15 at 7.30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Sadie his wife?

he was very pervy looking at lauren tonight

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is Sadie his wife?

he was very pervy looking at lauren tonight

EastEnders star Jamie Lomas has said that his character Jake Stone shares a bond with Lauren Branning.

Viewers will know that Jake met Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) at a counselling session for alcohol addiction, and the pair have been growing closer ever since.

Speaking on Daybreak, Lomas said: "They kind of have this bond with each other.

"They met in counselling and I think they're just replacing one addiction with another, really."

Speaking about on-screen kissing scenes, he added: "It's the most awkward situation to be in, with people stood round watching!"

Lomas also admitted that he doesn't discuss work with his wife Kym Lomas, who is currently starring in Coronation Street as Michelle Connor.

He said: "We don't really talk about work. Sometimes she'll be doing her lines out loud or I will and I'm like, 'Sssh!' It's all good fun.

"I don't know anything. She doesn't tell me anything. I don't ask her. It's soap secrets!"

EastEnders continues tonight at 7.30pm on BBC One.

So tonight his secret is revealed my guess is he is Sadie's husband

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-11-2013)

Thread Information