Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Lomas joins as Jake Stone

Jamie Lomas joins as Jake Stone

EastEnders bosses have announced that former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas is joining the soap.

The actor, best known for playing Chester villain Warren Fox, has landed the part of Albert Square newcomer Jake Stone and will begin filming later this month.
    Jake turns up in Walford following a run of bad luck, but is determined to turn his life around.

Billed as "sexy and seductive", Jake is a recovering alcoholic whose fundamental weakness is his inability to resist temptation.

As Jake settles into Walford, he initially seems to be a closed book as he keeps his secrets to himself. However, his good looks and charming nature could make him a popular arrival with some of the locals.Speaking of his new role, Lomas commented: "I'm over the moon to be joining the cast of EastEnders. I have admired the show for many years and I can't wait to start working with such a strong cast of actors. Jake Stone is a great character to play and I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into the role."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "We're delighted to welcome Jamie to the world of Walford. I have no doubt he'll make a big impact on screen as Jake Stone. The show's about to enter a really exciting period which Jamie will be a huge part of, with a great storyline allowing him to truly shine."

Lomas played the role of Warren on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, and was at the centre of some of the Channel 4 soap's most explosive storylines. He then returned for another year-long stint from late 2010.

EastEnders will air Jake's first scenes in August.
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-06-2013 at 00:08.

Guess Hollywood didn't work out for him then?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

lizann (20-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    yes he wanted to be the new jason statham

so this is the second hubby of kym marsh on the show

maybe lauren meets him at rehab

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    yes he wanted to be the new jason statham

so this is the second hubby of kym marsh on the show

maybe lauren meets him at rehab

EastEnders newcomer Jake Stone will be a love interest for Lauren Branning, reports have revealed.

Jake, played by former Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas, embarks on a relationship with Lauren later this summer, according to The Sun.

An EastEnders source told the newspaper: "We wanted Jake to really shake things up and he's wasted no time doing that. There are going to be real fireworks over the next few months.

"He is going to ruffle a lot of feathers."

As Jake is a recovering alcoholic, he has a lot in common with troubled Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa), and it's thought that they first meet at a support group.

An immediate romantic spark between the pair quickly leads to more, leaving a question mark over Lauren's future with her cousin and on-off boyfriend Joey (David Witts).

Lauren recently left Albert Square to check into a clinic for help dealing with her own alcohol problem. She is expected to be off screen for just over a month.

EastEnders bosses announced Lomas's casting last month, billing Jake as a "sexy and seductive" character who will keep his secrets to himself.

Speaking at the time, Lomas commented: "I'm over the moon to be joining the cast of EastEnders. I have admired the show for many years and I can't wait to start working with such a strong cast of actors. Jake Stone is a great character to play and I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into the role."

EastEnders star Jacqueline Jossa has said that she feels lucky to work with former Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas.

It was previously reported that Lomas's character Jake will embark on a relationship with Jossa's character Lauren upon her return to Walford.

As a recovering alcoholic, Jake has a lot in common with troubled Lauren and the pair will bond over their problems with drink.

Jossa said to Inside Soap: "I'm so lucky to be working with Jamie. He was great in Hollyoaks, and when I heard the news I was like, 'Brilliant!'

"Jamie is really cool, and he gives off a great energy that makes you want to work with him.

"I'm so excited - hopefully it comes off like that on screen!"

EastEnders bosses announced Lomas's casting in June, billing Jake as a "sexy and seductive" character who keeps his secrets to himself.

Lauren will be back on screen next week after she makes a return to Albert Square following a stint in rehab.

EastEnders continues tonight at 7.30pm on BBC One.

EastEnders newcomer Jamie Lomas has promised that his character Jake Stone has big secrets to hide.

The former Hollyoaks actor joins the Walford soap next week, as recovering alcoholic Jake meets Lauren Branning (Jacqueline Jossa) at a counselling session.

Jake is expected to become a big character for the BBC show over the next few months, initially seeming to be a closed book as he keeps his secrets to himself.

However, Lomas told Inside Soap: "Jake has a dark past that's going to come back to haunt him. The bosses are trying to keep the details as quiet as possible, as there's some massive stuff coming up - it's going to be explosive.

"And I like the fact that they're being so secretive - even I don't know the full extent of what he's hiding!"

Lomas played the role of killer Warren Fox on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, and later returned for another year-long stint from late 2010.

He continued: "The chance to go from one soap to another doesn't come along very often. I'm a big fan of EastEnders and have admired the show for such a long time, so it's an even better opportunity.

"I'm just hoping Jake will be nothing like Warren! The BBC tends to get rid of you once your character starts killing people, whereas I'm rather hoping that Jake's going to be sticking around!"

Last edited by tammyy2j; 06-08-2013 at 14:31.

Emmerdale star Charley Webb has admitted that there will be some rivalry between her and brother Jamie Lomas now he has landed a role in EastEnders.

Webb has played Debbie Dingle on the ITV soap since 2002, while Lomas has landed a role as recovering alcoholic Jake Stone in the BBC soap.

Webb told the Daily Star: "At Christmas we'll have to watch all the soaps together. We've got EastEnders to watch as well this year. It'll be very exciting.

"But we won't be competing to see who's got the strongest storyline, because Emmerdale's always going to win that!"
    Despite the sibling rivalry, Webb has said that the part in EastEnders came at the right time for her brother, who had been pursuing a career in America after bowing out of his role as Warren Fox in Hollyoaks.

The actress said: "He's very excited about it. Kym (Lomas, Jamie's wife and Coronation Street star) is thrilled as well. EastEnders is very gritty and he's a gritty actor, so I think it will suit him."

EastEnders airs Jamie Lomas's first scenes on Thursday, August 15 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    why are all the "exciting" stories supposed to be EXPLOSIVE ???????????????????????

Thread Information