Thread: Ollie Walters (Tony O'Callaghan)

Cool Ollie Walters (Tony O'Callaghan)

EastEnders bosses have announced that The Bill star Tony O'Callaghan and Robin's Nest actress Tessa Wyatt have both joined the soap for guest roles.

O'Callaghan, best known for playing Sergeant Boyden in the ITV police drama, has been cast as a new love interest for Jean Slater.

© BBC
    Tony O'Callaghan as Ollie Walters.

The storyline kicks off when Jean (Gillian Wright) is finally given her own allotment after months of trying. Jean is delighted to have somewhere she can regularly visit for some peace and tranquillity, but her quiet place is soon tarnished when she meets fellow gardening enthusiast Ollie Walters.

Although Jean and Ollie get off to a rocky start, they later become close. However, it's unclear whether the relationship will provide a happy future for Jean or turn out to be a disaster.

Speaking of his role as Ollie, O'Callaghan commented: "I am very excited to be joining a show with as much prestige as EastEnders and I'm looking forward to portraying the nice side and humour of Ollie."

Wyatt, meanwhile, will feature as a new character named Betty in a storyline with Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker) and Cora Cross (Ann Mitchell).

© BBC
    Cora meets new character Betty.

Betty takes over as Patrick's dance partner next month when Cora is distracted by problems within the Branning family.

Patrick gets on extremely well with Betty, but when Cora takes a disliking to her, he is forced to choose between the two women in his life.

EastEnders airs Betty's first scenes on Friday, July 5. Ollie makes his arrival on Thursday, July 11
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders guest star Tony O'Callaghan has admitted that his role on the soap was initially terrifying.

The former Bill actor is currently appearing on screen as Jean Slater's new love interest Ollie Walters.

Speaking on ITV's Daybreak today (August 1), O'Callaghan confessed that his first day on set didn't run entirely smoothly.

He laughed: "I was terrified. I'm very professional, of course, so I learned all my lines in advance and everything else. But EastEnders is quite a big show, much the same as The Bill was.

"I was fine, and then they went 'action', and every single line went out of my head! I couldn't remember any of it."

O'Callaghan also promised that Ollie has no hidden agenda as he continues his relationship with Jean.

"I don't think there's too much [of a] side to Ollie," he explained. "What's nice about the story is that Ollie has taken early retirement for one reason or another, he's divorced, his kids are grown-up, so basically he's 50-something and he needs to move on. I think Jean has reached a similar position."

Asked whether he enjoys gardening as much as Ollie, he replied: "My trouble is I don't know the difference between a weed and a flower, which is essential!"

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-08-2013 at 18:09.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/east...ollie-walters/

He is coming back to Albert Square

EastEnders returnee Ollie Walters suffers a shock collapse when he arrives back on Albert Square next week.

Jean's husband is being reintroduced briefly as viewers finally discover the truth about their recent marriage problems.

Fans have been curious about Jean's relationship ever since she returned in March and appeared cagey about how things were going with Ollie (Tony Callaghan).

Next week, Kat (Jessie Wallace) realises that Jean seems suspiciously reluctant to go back home, so she jumps to conclusions by assuming that Ollie has been hitting her.

When Ollie is called to Walford to explain himself, Kat and Mo (Laila Morse) are both ready to take matters into their own hands.

However, before they even have a chance to get answers, Ollie collapses just as Jean arrives. What's going on and what's wrong with Ollie?

Ollie Walters collapses after clashing with Kat Moon and Mo Harris in EastEnders
    © BBC

EastEnders airs these scenes on Friday, June 29 at 8pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

was there any need for his one off return just for jean to dump the cheat

Thread Information