Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastenders Spoilers Week 26 ( 24 - 28 June)

Tanya Cross's exit from EastEnders will come after she blames herself for the problems of her alcoholic daughter Lauren.

Lauren's drinking storyline comes to a shocking climax next week as she starts experiencing agonising pains and is rushed into hospital.

After some tests are carried out, the full extent of Lauren's problem stuns everyone as the doctors reveal that her liver is extremely damaged and any further alcohol could kill her.

Unfortunately for the Brannings, it seems that there is no easy solution for Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa) as she still wants another drink as soon as she returns home to the Square.

When Max and Tanya argue over how best to handle the situation, it's the final straw for Lauren and she begs them to stop. Lauren adds that she's had to put up with their dramas for years and can't take it anymore.

Alone with Lauren, Tanya (Jo Joyner) faces further heartbreak as her wayward daughter accuses her of ruining her life.

Lauren's words have a huge impact on Tanya as she later starts packing her suitcase, having made a drastic decision on what to do next.

EastEnders won't be revealing the full details of Tanya's plan until the episodes air, but as this is her exit storyline, it does involve her bowing out from the Square.

Tanya's decision is particularly heartbreaking for Max, who wants a reunion with her after uncovering his wife Kirsty's baby lie.

A determined Tanya urges Max to accept that she's doing the right thing, as they've become toxic together and it's affecting their children.

Max eventually realises that Tanya - the real love of his life - is not going to change her mind. Will he be able to keep the rest of his family together, or will they decide to leave alongside Tanya?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, June 27 and Friday, June 28 on BBC One.

EastEnders airs the moment that fans have been waiting for next week as Kirsty Branning's baby lie is finally exposed in dramatic scenes.

Kirsty (Kierston Wareing) has spent the past few weeks desperately pretending to be pregnant, believing that it was the only way she could keep hold of her husband Max.

Next week, Max (Jake Wood) is shocked to the core as he finally learns that Kirsty has been deceiving him all along.

Show bosses are keeping quiet over exactly how Max finds out the truth, but viewers will see that he is livid over Kirsty's deception.

Kirsty's worst nightmare comes true as a furious Max immediately declares that he doesn't want to be with her anymore and storms out of their flat.

Max's next move is to pay a visit to his ex-partner Tanya (Jo Joyner), wanting another chance as he believes they have a future now that he has seen Kirsty's true colours.

In a final twist, however, Tanya is already planning to leave Walford and Max is left devastated as he realises that there's no way of talking her round this time.

EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, June 27 and Friday, June 28 on BBC One.

After seven years of high drama and surprise storyline twists, EastEnders favourite Tanya Cross says an emotional farewell to Albert Square next week.

Tanya's exit comes as she makes a shock decision over what's best for her alcoholic daughter Lauren (Jacqueline Jossa), who has caused severe damage to her liver after a long period of binge drinking.

Here, Jo Joyner - who plays Tanya - discusses the drama in store as her character has one final rollercoaster of a week on the Square.

Tanya's exit week starts with a bang when she realises that Lauren is missing. How does she react?
    "Tanya first realises something isn't right when she goes to see Lauren at Max's but she isn't there. It soon becomes clear that she didn't come home, so they immediately go out looking for her. Then they discover that Lauren went off with a stranger. Tanya is shocked and out of her mind with worry. It's any mother's worst nightmare!"

How does Tanya feel when Lauren eventually walks through the door?
    "Tanya is absolutely relieved when Lauren walks through the door, but it is visibly apparent that she isn't well. Lauren immediately wants to have a drink, but she is in a lot of pain and she is trying to hide it. When she doubles over, that's when it hits Tanya that there is something terribly wrong with her and they need to get her to hospital. Jack is there too and they are both aware she is not right.

"It's awful to see Lauren in so much pain - it's the worst thing in the world for Tanya. She would do anything for her kids but she is totally powerless to help her."

The hospital diagnosis is bad news as Lauren's liver damage is so bad that any further alcohol could kill her. Did Tanya ever imagine that the situation was so serious?
    "No, not at all. Tanya obviously knew that Lauren has a problem as she has been trying to help her, but she never imagined it was to this extent. When she hears the news, she is devastated as she doesn't know how it could have got this bad without anyone realising. She feels incredibly guilty for letting it get this far."

How do Tanya and Max react when they realise that Lauren's drinking is linked to their relationship troubles?
    "It's not until they start talking about Lauren's drinking habits that they realise how Lauren's problem is exacerbated every time there has been a problem at home. Drinking has obviously been something that Lauren has been doing every time she wants to block out what is happening, and that is devastating for Tanya to realise. But it's also at that point when Tanya knows that she needs to do something drastic to stop her daughter from killing herself.

"Jacqueline has played this storyline beautifully - she is a very talented actress and it is heartbreaking to watch her portrayal of this. As too is Lorna Fitzgerald who plays Abi - the two of them have really grown up to be beautiful actresses."

Do you think Max and Tanya are ultimately to blame for letting things get this far?
    "They are at fault for not realising earlier what Lauren was doing to herself, as they have been so consumed in their own problems for too long. Obviously this is the worst thing for both of them to realise as despite everything that has gone on over the years, their kids are the most important thing in the world to them."

Tanya decides to take action. What's going on in her head?
    "Tanya knows that the situations she and Max have been in for the past few years has created a toxic relationship, and now that it's affecting the children she knows there is only one thing she can do to stop that getting worse for all of them. Her kids mean everything to her, so she makes a decision that she feels will be the best for all of them. It's not a hard decision to make as it is for the sake of her kids."

How hard is it for Tanya to go pack her suitcase and go through with what she's planning?
    "It is extremely hard, especially as she is trying to keep what she is doing a secret but obviously that doesn't stay secret for long as Abi learns of her plans. But deep down she knows that she is doing the right thing, so there is no question over it."

How does Tanya react to Max's news that Kirsty isn't pregnant?
    "She's stunned, but it also reaffirms to her that she is doing the right thing as she knows that yet again, this could be a situation that puts them back on the toxic rollercoaster that they have been on for so long. She is damned if she is going to yet again let the children be a victim of their mistakes."

Is Tanya tempted to reconcile with Max when he declares his love?
    "Tanya is always tempted by Max! That's at the very heart of all their troubles. However, knowing that their problems have attributed to Lauren's problem makes Tanya realise that they cannot do this again.

"At this point, Tanya is so desperate for Max not to know what she is doing that she doesn't give him a straight answer. She's not as good at lying as Max is, though, so he of course discovers the truth."

How are things left between Max and Tanya? Will they always be soulmates?
    "Yes, I think deep down they will always love each other and no-one else will ever come close for both of them. They shared some amazing times together and when things have been good between them, they have been very good but when they are bad, they are very, very bad.

"It's terribly sad but Tanya knows she has to walk away from the whole situation for the sake of her children - she has to put them first. I think Tanya is doing the right thing. She is putting her children first and that is the only thing that matters to her."

Was it emotional filming your final scenes?
    "It was a bit surreal - it's been such a long time and there's so much history."

What memories will you take away with you?
    "I'll take away lots of happy memories of laughing on set with my 'family', and feeling proud after a scene with Jake Wood, who plays Max, where we felt we'd really got it."

What will you miss most about working with Jake?
    "Jake is a wonderful actor and I have been incredibly lucky to play opposite him. When you have chemistry with someone like that it is effortless, you just find yourself reacting regardless of how you thought it might go. We have built such a history together with these characters, so I shall really, really miss working with him."

What would you like to say to the fans who have supported you?
    "I have sent a couple of Tanya mementos to some of my oldest most loyal supporters as a thank you. I'm so grateful for all the viewers' support for Tanya over the years."

Did the cast give you a good send off?
    "I got a karaoke machine in at my party because we have got some amazing voices amongst the cast and crew. Especially the 'brat pack' as I call them - all our young gorgeous ones. Khali, Jamie, David and Jake all sang songs amongst others - I got serenaded all night! Lindsey Coulson and I gave our best Dolly Parton, and our head of make-up brought the house down with 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina'! Rachel who plays Poppy and our AD Gareth both made the most fantastic cakes! It was a great night."

What was your all time favourite Tanya storyline?
    "Always the 'Stax' reveal at Christmas. I'm so proud of that story for us all. I loved every second. It feels like such a long time ago now - I've buried him alive since!"

Have you taken any souvenirs from the set with you?
    "Yes, well I didn't, I got Jake to get it for me! It was a flying pig that was on the shelf in the Brannings' and you couldn't really see it and I've always liked it. I tried to get it myself but I couldn't move it, so I asked Jake to get it for me on my last day!"

What's next for you?
    "A nice long summer and then I'm thrilled to be working with Sky Living on a new sitcom opposite Chris Addison being written by Simon Blackwell. Then hopefully some theatre in the New Year."

Are you pleased to be moving back to the country?
    "It's like medicine to me. I love extremes, so I'm happy right in the heart of the city or out in the sticks. Somewhere in between doesn't suit me!"

Have you got lots of fun things planned for the family before your twin children start school?
    "Yes! Lots of time on the beach with their friends, maybe a trip to Thomas Land, picnics at Blenheim Palace - I'm just looking forward to being able to be spontaneous, to wake up one morning and say, 'Weather looks good, let's get in the car and go to Cornwall!'"

Could you see Tanya back in the Square one day?
    "Who knows? I've loved playing Tanya over the years and I would never say never. It has been seven amazing years. She has had so much drama, so I have been very fortunate."

What would you like to see happen to the Branning clan after Tanya leaves?
    "I'd like to see Abi be successful and for her and Jay to be happy. I'd also like Lauren to recover!"

EastEnders airs Tanya's exit episode on Friday, June 28 at 8pm on BBC One.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Monday

It's Abi's birthday, but she isn't the centre of attention for long as Lauren didn't come home to Max's place last night. Thinking she might have stayed at Peter's, Max heads over to the Beale house to seek answers. Lucy then covers for Lauren by claiming that she went off with her college friends and sent her a text to say so. However, when Lauren's phone and bag are found abandoned outside R&R, Max and Tanya realise that Lucy was lying. Lucy is then forced to come clean, telling them that she saw Lauren head off with a random bloke.

Lauren collapses in agony.
    As Max and Lucy go to the police station, Tanya returns to Abi's party and tries to pretend that everything is fine. When Lauren finally walks through the door, Tanya's relief is short-lived as she obviously isn't well. As Lauren is in agony and on the verge of collapsing, Cora calls for an ambulance. Realising it might take a while for the emergency services to arrive, Jack and Tanya decide to take Lauren to hospital themselves. Shortly afterwards, Lauren collapses in severe pain outside the hospital…

Meanwhile, Kirsty remains concerned about Carl's presence on the Square, although she insists to Max that he will soon be gone. Soon afterwards, Max speaks to Carl when he turns up at the car lot. Max tries his best not to give the impression that he is bothered by Carl's presence, but Carl still manages to rile him.

Later, an anxious and insecure Kirsty has a drink after she spots Max comforting Tanya. However, when Max smells the alcohol on Kirsty, he is disgusted that she would drink while pregnant. Cunning Carl soon gets a sense of Kirsty's relationship problems and asks whether the chemistry between Max and Tanya is an issue. He adds that chemistry never goes away and that she will soon be his again…

Tuesday

Max and Tanya are given the news that Lauren has hepatitis and her liver is damaged. She'll need a scan to discover the full extent. The doctor also takes the opportunity to speak to Max and Tanya about Lauren's drinking history. It soon becomes clear that Lauren's problems have been exacerbated each time there have been troubles between Max and Tanya. Later, Tanya convinces Max to go home and check on Abi. Max agrees but only on the condition that Tanya will call him if there are any updates.

With Max gone, the doctor returns with the results of Lauren's scan. Although Tanya knows she should wait for Max, she asks the doctor to tell her the truth. Tanya is shocked to hear that Lauren's liver is so damaged that any further alcohol could kill her. Completely heartbroken and unsure of what to do, Tanya asks the doctor - as a mother - how she would handle this situation. The doctor then points Tanya in the right direction.

Lauren lies in hospital seriously ill.
    When Max returns and finds out the extent of Lauren's problem, he suggests keeping an eye on Lauren at all times to ensure she doesn't drink again. However, Tanya knows this isn't enough and isn't reassured by his words this time…

Meanwhile, Abi is deeply troubled by her sister's condition. Breaking down, she tells Jay how she is a horrible person as she has selfish thoughts wishing Lauren would just disappear. Jay tries to convince Abi that she isn't a horrible person and arranges for Dexter and Lola to join him in singing happy birthday to her.

Elsewhere, Kirsty struggles to support Max while knowing that he's spending so much time with Tanya. She also receives a note from Carl with his number. Later, Kirsty meets Carl in the café and he is taken aback when she confidently tells him that she has moved on and he won't be getting into her head again. Not long afterwards, Kirsty tells Kat that her period is a day late - could she finally be pregnant?

Also today, a fight breaks out between Joey and Peter when Joey questions why Lucy lied about Lauren's whereabouts, while Roxy and Masood set Alfie and AJ a challenge to burn off their fry-up breakfasts.

Thursday

Lauren returns home from hospital and the Brannings are determined to keep her safe. When Tanya pops out for a while, she meets up with her financial advisor. Soon afterwards, Lauren decides that she needs to see Joey and goes looking for him. She makes her way to the café in her search and Lucy is shocked to see how ill she looks. Lucy is sympathetic but Lauren doesn't care as she just wants to know whether Lucy is dating Joey. Getting annoyed, Lucy gives a non-committal answer which leads Lauren to believe that they're together.

Tanya drags Lauren out of the pub.
    An upset Lauren then heads to The Vic and demands a drink, but Kirsty refuses to serve her. When Tanya turns up, she has to physically push Lauren out of the pub and bring her back home. With Lauren safely away from booze for now, Max and Tanya start arguing again. However, they're shocked as Lauren breaks down, telling her parents that she's had to put up with their dramas for years and can't take it anymore.

Tanya decides that it'd be best for Max to leave for a while, and once alone with Lauren, she broaches the subject of getting her some help. Lauren insists that she'll be fine, but she does still want another drink. As Lauren continues to claim that her mum has ruined her life, Tanya realises what she needs to do. Heading to her bedroom, she reaches for her suitcase…

Max asks Kirsty why she's on edge.
    Meanwhile, Kirsty remains on edge about Max and Tanya seeming close again. As Kirsty is on the way to work, Kat spots her and wants to know whether her friend really is pregnant now. Realising that Kirsty still hasn't taken a pregnancy test, Kat vows to get her one right now - and Kirsty is unable to protest as she is aware of Carl's presence.

Back at the flat, Kirsty takes the test but while she is waiting for the result, she hears someone at the door and she quickly shoves the test into the bin. As Kirsty looks out, she sees Carl walking away and bumping into Max. The two men share heated words. Does Carl know Kirsty's secret, and will he share it with Max?

Not long afterwards, Max knows everything about Kirsty's lie and all hell is about to break loos

Friday

Abi finds Tanya packing a suitcase and is shocked to realise what she is planning. Discovering that Max has no idea what Tanya is about to do, Abi urges her to tell him.

At the same time, over at the flat, Max is disgusted after finding out that Kirsty has been lying to him about her 'pregnancy' for all this time. He makes it clear that he doesn't want to be with her anymore and rushes out.

When Max then arrives at Tanya's place, he tells her how Kirsty has been deceiving him. Laying his heart on the line, Max adds that Tanya is the one he really wants to be with and always has been. Knowing that Max will stop her from going through with her plan, Tanya tries to stall him by promising to think about what he's said. However, when Abi interrupts and urges her mum to tell Max what she's planning, Tanya is forced into telling the truth.

Tanya leaves Albert Square.
    Tanya pleads with Max to see that she's doing the right thing, as they've become toxic together and it's affecting their children. The former couple are soon interrupted when a drunken Kirsty knocks at the door. Max tells Kirsty to go away, while Tanya makes it clear that there's nothing going on with her and Max, but she doesn't want Kirsty anywhere near Lauren in the state she's in.

In the end, a devastated Max realises that Tanya - the real love of his life - is not going to change her mind. As they say a tearful goodbye to each other, the love between them is evident and it will never go away. But will Max be able to keep the rest of his family together, or will they decide to leave alongside Tanya?
    Last edited by alan45; 18-06-2013 at 01:00.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (18-06-2013), tammyy2j (18-06-2013)

Tanya's exit pictures:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-06-2013)

lauren looks very yellow does she need a new liver

Yes.

It's truth time for Kirsty Branning in EastEnders this evening (June 27) as her baby lie is finally exposed.

Kirsty (Kierston Wareing) has spent the past few weeks desperately pretending to be pregnant, believing that it was the only way to keep husband Max (Jake Wood) interested in her.

As Kirsty's period is a day late, she is now holding out hope that she could be expecting a baby for real.

Tonight's episode sees Kirsty head home to take a pregnancy test to find out either way. However, while she is waiting, she hears someone at the door and quickly shoves the test into the bin.

When Max arrives home, it's not long before he comes across the negative pregnancy test by chance. With the truth now out, all hell is about to break loose…

© BBC
    Max is shocked by Kirsty's pregnancy lie.

© BBC
    All hell is about to break loose.

EastEnders airs tonight at the earlier time of 7.25pm on BBC One.

EastEnders fans can expect emotional scenes in tonight's episode (June 28) as Tanya Cross says her goodbyes and bows out from Walford.

The newly-released spoiler pictures below show the moment that Tanya (Jo Joyner) bids farewell to her on-off partner Max Branning after years of drama between the pair.

With Max (Jake Wood) now aware that his current wife Kirsty has been lying about her 'pregnancy', he initially hopes that Tanya might take him back.

Unfortunately for Max, he is soon left devastated as he learns that Tanya has already decided to leave Albert Square and isn't going to change her mind.

As Max and Tanya part ways, the love between them is evident and it will never go away. Will Max be able to keep the rest of his family together, or will they decide to go along with Tanya?

© BBC
    Tanya is adamant that she's leaving Walford

© BBC
    Tanya says goodbye to Max

© BBC
    Max is left devastated

EastEnders airs Tanya's exit episode tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

Thread Information