Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John and Marilyn

Exclamation John and Marilyn

Home and Away's John Palmer will turn to Marilyn Chambers in the wake of his wife Gina's tragic death.

The pair will start to grow closer when Marilyn helps John's foster son Jett (Will McDonald) prepare for his first date.

However, when Jett tells John (Shane Withington) that he ended things with the girl because he feels it is disrespectful to the memory of Gina, a worried John confides in Marilyn (Emily Symons) who offers him her support.

Speaking to TV Week, Symons said: "John and Marilyn join together to make the little boy happy because he has been through so much in his young life.

"It's not a romantic attraction between them, but a friendship. A connection based on deep trust is forming since Gina's death. Their friendship has grown stronger because of the grief."

Not everyone will be happy about the new-found friendship between the two. Alf (Ray Meagher) and Roo (Georgie Parker) start to worry that their friend is becoming too involved with the family who are still grief-stricken.

However, Symons reckons that if Marilyn and John's friendship did develop into anything more, it should be accepted.

The actress said: "I can't answer for poor Gina. But I think she would want the best for John and the best for Jett."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-05-2013), TaintedLove (14-05-2013)

i'd prefer them as friends only not a couple

I`ve always enjoyed Marilyn and Johns friendship, so romance would be the perfect development. But not yet - it`s way too early. Maybe next year. Marilyn would be an excellent stepmother to Jet. And who knows maybe a child of their own one day.
    I`ve always liked Matilyn - she deserves to be happy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-05-2013)

I`ve always enjoyed Marilyn and Johns friendship, so romance would be the perfect development. But not yet - it`s way too early. Maybe next year. Marilyn would be an excellent stepmother to Jet. And who knows maybe a child of their own one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    she always gets put with the old blokes be nice to see her a have a toyboy for a change maybe one of the braxtons

she always gets put with the old blokes be nice to see her a have a toyboy for a change maybe one of the braxtons

I liked her with Sid best shame he is leaving

Home and Away's Marilyn Chambers will confess to Roo Stewart that she has developed a crush on John Palmer.

Marilyn (Emily Symons) and John (Shane Withington) have grown closer in recent months following the death of John's wife Gina.

After confessing to Roo (Georgie Parker) that she has feelings for John, Roo tells her she is probably just confused and to treat it like a virus - drink plenty of fluids, have some time in bed and stay away from John.

Marilyn tries her best to take on Roo's advice but becomes flustered when she sees John, resulting in her spilling pancakes on his lap.

John starts to suspect that something is up with Marilyn as she has been behaving really strangely, but Roo and Harvey tell him that she simply has a virus.

Unfortunately, this causes John to be even more concerned and he promises to keep a closer eye on her.

Later on, John stuns Marilyn by asking her to join him for lunch - just the two of them.

I hate how they move on so quick to new partners after deaths in soaps

Home and Away couple Marilyn Chambers and John Palmer will find their relationship thrown into jeopardy when he attempts to find romance for Irene Roberts.

After Chris enlists John's help with finding Irene a man, Marilyn jumps to the wrong conclusions and assumes that John is preparing to propose to her.

John and Marilyn share a moment.
    © Channel 5
    Home and Away's John Palmer and Marilyn Chambers

John (Shane Withington) sets about trying to find a date for Irene (Lynne McGranger) and after a lot of work, he believes he has finally found someone suitable, TV Week reports.

However, when he phones Chris to tell him he's found a "diamond" of a date, Marilyn (Emily Symons) overhears and thinks he is planning to pop the question.

Realising she is not ready to make this commitment to John, Marilyn panics and starts avoiding him, leaving their future uncertain.

Thread Information