Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steph Scully (Carla Bonner)

Neighbours star Carla Bonner has hinted that fans will be stunned when they discover how Steph Scully departs Ramsay Street.

The actress announced back in June that she had decided to leave the long-running show after 11 years playing the popular character.

Speaking to Inside Soap about Steph's exit plot, Bonner commented: "You could never have imagined the way Steph leaves Ramsay Street.

"It's so out of character, but the plot is very strong. It's great storytelling."

Fans in the UK are about to see Steph start spending more time with ex-boyfriend Larry 'Woody' Woodhouse as she desperately tries to rediscover her old self after giving up custody of her newborn son.

Bonner added: "This is the saddest I've ever had to play Steph. This storyline is heartbreaking - then, just when you think nothing more bad can happen, it does."

The star recently admitted that she "could never think" of giving up her child as Steph has done.

Carla Bonner has revealed that she would love to land roles in the UK following her departure from Neighbours.

The actress recently filmed her final scenes as Ramsay Street's Steph Scully following an 11-year stint on the soap.

Steph's last episode will air in Australia next week, while UK fans are about to see the beginning of the dramatic storyline which leads to her exit.

Asked to disclose her future ambitions in an interview with TV Week, Bonner explained: "There are lots of possibilities, but it's quite difficult to say because the job hasn't enabled me to focus on anything else.

"It's been all-consuming with 70-hour weeks lately. I've rarely even been able to cook dinner for my kids. But I've set my sights on film and TV in the UK."

Discussing how she felt when she filmed her final scene, the star added: "I was devastated to say goodbye to everyone. They've been a part of my everyday life for so long - it was like leaving home. But I've made lots of life-long friends there."

Steph is one of a number of characters who will bow out of Erinsborough in the months ahead.

Neighbours star Jackie Woodburne has revealed the fall-out from Ringo Brown's death will "divide the entire street".

The actress, who plays Susan Kennedy in the show, said the subsequent story for Steph Scully (Carla Bonner), who is taken to court for mowing down Ringo (Sam Clark), will pit several Ramsay Street residents against each other.

She said: "There's massive story for Steph coming up. It's fabulous, and Susan is very involved. The entire street is involved. It was Steph who ran over Ringo and caused his death. So there's a court case, and Steph and Libby are at odds, Susan and Steph are at odds, Susan and Lyn are at odds.

"It divides the entire street. Lyn is very protective of Steph as her mother and only sees her point of view, but all Susan can see is that Ringo has died, and someone has to be accountable for it."

Carla has finished filming the show after 11 years playing Steph.

maybe her exit will be her going to priso, she was over the limit, and ringo died

I think so too

Steph Scully and Lucas Fitzgerald could be in for a romantic reunion before she exits the show, a Ramsay Street actor has hinted.

The pair have enjoyed a brief relationship in the past, but it crumbled when Steph (Carla Bonner) fell pregnant with the baby of Lucas' brother Dan.

But Scott Major, who plays Lucas, has hinted viewers may see them together once more.

"That's definitely what Lucas is hoping for. There will be lots of obstacles along the way but hopefully they might be able to get together before she departs."

He added: "The fact of the matter is he still loves her. They're a male and female version of each other."

Viewers will see Lucas do his best to support troubled Steph as she faces a massive legal battle in the wake of killing Ringo Brown (Sam Clark) in a motorbike accident.

"It's a sad time for Lucas because she keeps pushing him away and he doesn't understand why. She looks at him and thinks what her life could be like and it's too much for her to bear."
    Last edited by Perdita; 12-12-2010 at 08:34.

Not long to Steph leaving now. I shall miss her.

Neighbours actress Carla Bonner has revealed that she would like to return to the soap in the future.

Bonner played Steph Scully on the soap for 11 years, before her character was jailed for six years after she killed Ringo Brown in a motorbike accident in 2010.

She told Inside Soap: "I do believe we'll revisit Steph one day.

"I'd love to see how prison has changed her - and whether she forgives Paul Robinson for where she ended up!"

Bonner added that she at times found playing Steph tough due to the amount of challenges in her life, including breast cancer and post-natal depression storylines.

She said: "I think the writers preferred to see Steph distressed. Her exit storyline was gruelling, but we approached it with sincerity and gave her such a powerful farewell.

"It was time for me to leave. I needed a rest and to explore who I am. I'm so grateful that I was brave enough to make the leap into the unknown."

Carla Bonner recently published a dating book for men titled Hook, Line and Sink Her.

I always liked Steph but with the story lines she had before she left were starting to put me off her.But it would be interesting if she did come back to see how prison has changed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours actress Carla Bonner has revealed that she would like to return to the soap in the future.

Bonner played Steph Scully on the soap for 11 years, before her character was jailed for six years after she killed Ringo Brown in a motorbike accident in 2010.

She told Inside Soap: "I do believe we'll revisit Steph one day.

"I'd love to see how prison has changed her - and whether she forgives Paul Robinson for where she ended up!"

Bonner added that she at times found playing Steph tough due to the amount of challenges in her life, including breast cancer and post-natal depression storylines.

She said: "I think the writers preferred to see Steph distressed. Her exit storyline was gruelling, but we approached it with sincerity and gave her such a powerful farewell.

"It was time for me to leave. I needed a rest and to explore who I am. I'm so grateful that I was brave enough to make the leap into the unknown."

Carla Bonner recently published a dating book for men titled Hook, Line and Sink Her.
    She did nothing since she left so now she wants back in, hope she dont return she became a terrible boring character

Thread Information