Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steph Scully (Carla Bonner)

Carla Bonner quit's :(

Steph leaves Neighbourhood
    LONGTIME Neighbours favourite Carla Bonner is quitting Ramsay St.
    Bonner is departing the long-running soap in September, but will continue to be seen on air until the end of the year.
    Bonner has played Stephanie Scully in the family drama for the past 11 years.
    Once she finishes on the show, Bonner will head to LA for meetings and to take part in acting workshops.
    However, she has no plans to pack up and leave Melbourne for good.
    After her LA sojourn, Bonner will return home to Melbourne where she is based with two sons, Harley and Jhye, and her boyfriend, Jason Shepherd.
    ``I'm very sad that Carla is leaving us and she knows the door is always open for Steph to return to Ramsay St,'' said Neighbours executive producer Susan Bower.
    ``The storylines on air and coming up showcase what an exceptional talent Carla is and while fans will be disappointed, I promise Steph's farewell will be long remembered and will do the character proud.''
    While Bonner is departing, producers are still hopeful that Kylie Minogue will make a brief return to the soap.
    Minogue said last month she had been considering a return to the show where she found fame.
    Producers have contacted Minogue's management in the hope the evergreen pop queen might be able to fit in a cameo appearance on Ramsay St when she visits Melbourne next month to catch up with her sister Dannii after the birth of her first child.
    Minogue, who played Charlene Robinson, left the soap 22 years ago.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jessie Wallace For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-06-2010), lizann (29-06-2010), tammyy2j (03-06-2010)

I shall miss her

This is great news I have hated Steph for ages she stayed way too long on the soap

How you hate Steph, she's one of the best. No more Libby and Steph scenes

Neighbours star Carla Bonner has hinted that a face from the past could expose the truth about Steph Scully's baby.

In recent months, fans have seen the actress's alter ego stage a sham reunion with ex-boyfriend Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) in a bid to prevent her loved ones from finding out that Dan Fitzgerald is the father of her child.

However, speaking to TV Week, Bonner teased that Steph and Toadie's secret will be uncovered by a mystery character later this year.

The actress said: "Someone Toadie has been involved with in the past sets out to investigate him and uncovers more information than they ever hoped for.

"It's the beginning of the secret spreading - with a few surprises along the way!"

Bonner recently announced that she is to leave her role as Steph later this year. Producers have promised an exit storyline that will "do the character proud".

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

bingojuls (28-06-2010), lizann (29-06-2010)

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher has revealed that the truth about Steph Scully's unborn baby will have a major impact on the whole of Ramsay Street.

Steph - played by departing actress Carla Bonner - has been misleading her loved ones for months in a bid to conceal the fact that Dan Fitzgerald is the father of her child. The mechanic has staged a sham reunion with ex-boyfriend Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) to protect the secret.

However, speaking on Live From Studio Five last night, Fletcher confirmed that the truth will come out later this year.

The actor - who portrays Karl Kennedy - explained: "This has been brewing. The whole street will be torn apart by this. It's a big, big, big drama."

Fletcher also offered teasers for the soap's forthcoming 6,000th episode, which is to be the highlight of its 25th anniversary year.

He said: "We've just shot it. Something rather unpleasant happens to one of our iconic characters. I'm involved with the more pleasant side, which has kind of already been alluded - there might be a wedding in the air."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-06-2010), lizann (29-06-2010)

Poor Libby when she finds out

Alan Fletcher has admitted that he is "sad" over the news that Neighbours co-star Carla Bonner will leave the soap later this year.

Bonner announced last month that she is quitting her role as Steph Scully to pursue new projects after more than a decade in Ramsay Street.

Speaking of his colleague's decision, Fletcher - who plays Karl Kennedy - told Holy Soap: "I'm desperately sad about it. She's one of the best actresses on the show and one of the best characters on the show. She's gorgeous, she's a sexy girl but she's earthy. She's got the motorcycle thing going on, she's a little bit butch with it. She's such an interesting character.

"She sums up the Scully family in that sense. They are down-to-earth people, the Scullys. And Steph and her mother Lyn, played by Janet Andrewartha, are fantastic together. It's just with great sadness I see Carla go but everyone moves on. I know she's going to be very successful outside the show."

Asked about his own future in Erinsborough, Fletcher replied: "At the moment, I'm talking to Neighbours about continuing my contract past September."

Neighbours' executive producer Susan Bower recently promised that Steph's departure will "do the character proud".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-07-2010)

Neighbours favourite Steph Scully is to come face-to-face with her ex-boyfriend Woody in a forthcoming storyline, it has been revealed.

In episodes which air next week in Australia, Woody returns to Erinsborough unexpectedly, and Steph - who is struggling after giving up her baby - immediately decides to spend as much time with him as possible.

Woody - full name Larry Woodhouse - was last seen on the Ramsay Street soap in 2002 after appearing on a recurring basis for two years.

During his first stint on the show, Woody became involved in criminal activity and ended up in jail, while subsequent appearances saw him struggling to move on from his troubled past.

Speaking of the latest plot twist, Steph's portrayer Carla Bonner told TV Week: "While there isn't a romantic attraction there - not for Steph, at least - Woody does represent a time when she didn't have children and the responsibilities she has now.

"He becomes an escape from what is going on. Steph's trying to block out everything that's happened and Woody is helping her do that, to a degree."

Discussing the impact of Woody's return, she added: "Lyn's definitely not happy and feels Woody is the last person Steph needs in her life - and she's pretty vocal about it. Lyn knows about Woody's past and isn't convinced that his intentions are all that honourable."

Woody is once again being played by actor Andrew Curry, who is the real-life brother of former Home and Away star Bernard Curry (Hugo Austin).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-09-2010)

Neighbours actress Carla Bonner has said that she could not give up her own child, as her character Steph Scully plans to do so.

In the coming weeks, viewers will see Steph struggle with the decision to give her baby son to his biological father Dan Fitzgerald (portrayed by Brett Tucker), in order to protect the feelings of former friend and Dan's ex-partner Libby Kennedy (Kym Valentine).

Speaking about the controversial plot, Bonner told Inside Soap: "I appreciate Steph's reasons, but this is her own flesh and blood - and I could never think of giving that up."

She said of fans' response to the story: "The response from viewers in Australia has been interesting, and a little surprising as well. In general, they've been very sympathetic to Steph and the decisions she's had to make while pregnant.

"When I watch everything in context now the plot has been developed, I find it all incredibly sad, but touching."

Thread Information