Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Coronation Street' actor Bill Roache arrested on suspicion of rape Read more: http:

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    And do you want to know something else

There's no such thing as Santa Claus
    damn you alan no santa next there will be no tooth fairy i'm devastated who do i send my xmas letter to now

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Chopper View Post
    He's a character. He''s not real!

This is really insesative considering what he's been through. I suppose the bruises Kirsty inflicted weren't real either???????
    No, they were not, they were fake by using make-up

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-05-2013), Glen1 (03-05-2013), parkerman (03-05-2013), Siobhan (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Chopper View Post
    Why should viewers be deprived of the soap's longest running character because of what the actor who plays him has done.Removing Michael Le Vell who plays mechanic Kevin Webster from the soap is equally as ridiculous. r
    I really shouldn't but I have to.. How do you suggest Granada remove the actor but leave the character??
    Super Mod

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (03-05-2013), parkerman (03-05-2013), Perdita (03-05-2013), tammyy2j (03-05-2013)

This has got to be a wind up...hasn't it?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (03-05-2013), Perdita (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    This has got to be a wind up...hasn't it?
    Or the return of the multi troll formerly known as N Fan among others.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (03-05-2013), Perdita (03-05-2013)

That thought went through my mind too ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-05-2013)

Assuming it is N Fan can we please have Santa reinstated ,no point in being good at Xmas otherwise ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-05-2013)

You are meant to be good at all times, not just at Xmas

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-05-2013), Glen1 (03-05-2013), Siobhan (05-05-2013)

A waxwork of Bill Roache has been removed by Madame Tussauds following recent claims against the actor.

The waxwork, of his Coronation Street character Ken Barlow, was removed from the Blackpool museum because of "inappropriate behaviour" from visitors, BBC News reports.

The museum have insisted that the removal is "temporary", adding that they "make no judgements on recent events".

A statement said: "Our figures are chosen because we, and our visitors, believe that they have made a significant impact/contribution to the world around them or in their chosen field - good or bad - or they earn their place through visitor demand, as in this case.

"We make no judgements on recent events, which are in any case far from clear, but over recent days we have received a number of comments relating to the continued inclusion of the figure, but even more importantly witnessed some unacceptable behaviour from a very small number of visitors."

It continued: "We have therefore decided to temporarily remove the figure from display, and we will review this decision in the light of future events."

A spokesperson for the ITV soap has yet to comment on Madame Tussauds's decision.

Roache is facing two charges of rape of a girl aged 15 in Lancashire between April and July 1967 and was charged by police earlier this month.

However, the actor said he was "astounded and deeply horrified" by the claims.

"I strenuously deny the allegations and will now focus my full attention on fighting to preserve my innocence in the challenging times ahead," he said in a statement.

Coronation Street star Bill Roache has appeared in court facing allegations that he raped a 15-year-old girl in the 1960s.

The 81-year-old, who plays the world's longest-running soap character Ken Barlow, was at Preston Magistrates Court this morning (May 14) for a routine hearing.

Roache spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth, Sky News reports.

The actor has been bailed ahead of his next court appearance on Monday, June 10.

Roache was charged with two counts of rape on May 1. He is alleged to have committed the offences between April and July 1967.

In a recent statement, he explained: "I strenuously deny the allegations and will now focus my full attention on fighting to preserve my innocence in the challenging times ahead.

"I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all those people who have offered me their support and good wishes at this difficult time."

Roache will not be appearing in any future episodes of Coronation Street while court proceedings are ongoing.

Thread Information