Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Coronation Street' actor Bill Roache arrested on suspicion of rape Read more: http:

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he should be suspended like the actor who plays kevin now
    He has been: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-old-girl.html
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he should be suspended like the actor who plays kevin now
    He has been: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-old-girl.html
    Super Mod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-05-2013)

Bill Roach as issued a statement "strenuously" denying allegations that he raped a 15-year-old girl.

The 81-year-old actor, who has played Ken Barlow on Coronation Street since the soap's launch in 1960, was arrested yesterday morning and charged with two counts of rape that evening.

"I am astounded and deeply horrified by the extraordinary events of the last 24 hours," Roache said.

"I strenuously deny the allegations and will now focus my full attention on fighting to preserve my innocence in the challenging times ahead.

"I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all those people who have offered me their support and good wishes at this difficult time."

ITV has confirmed that Roache's scenes in Coronation Street have been dropped from the soap while investigations are ongoing.

It has been claimed that Ken Barlow was to be involved in a "major storyline" in the show that may now be ditched.

Roache will appear at Preston Magistrates' Court on May 14.

The way Granada has handled the arrest of William Roache is pathetic. Removing his scenes from Fridays episodes is preposterous. As always in these cases it is the viewer who is the real victim. Granada should take into account that it is the actor William Roache who has committed the offence and not the character Ken Barlow. Why should viewers be deprived of the soap's longest running character because of what the actor who plays him has done.Removing Michael Le Vell who plays mechanic Kevin Webster from the soap is equally as ridiculous. Using the excuse that he is visiting his sick father has put tremendous strain on character Tyrone Dobbs. After months of physical abuse from his girlfriend and weeks in prison the last thing Tyrone needs is all that extra work at the garage. Is this the kind of pressure Granada wishes to place on a single father

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Chopper View Post
    Using the excuse that he is visiting his sick father has put tremendous strain on character Tyrone Dobbs. After months of physical abuse from his girlfriend and weeks in prison the last thing Tyrone needs is all that extra work at the garage. Is this the kind of pressure Granada wishes to place on a single father
    He's a character. He''s not real!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (03-05-2013)

Using the excuse that he is visiting his sick father has put tremendous strain on character Tyrone Dobbs. After months of physical abuse from his girlfriend and weeks in prison the last thing Tyrone needs is all that extra work at the garage. Is this the kind of pressure Granada wishes to place on a single father

This is really insesative considering what he's been through. I suppose the bruises Kirsty inflicted weren't real either???????

This is really insesative considering what he's been through. I suppose the bruises Kirsty inflicted weren't real either???????

And do you want to know something else

There's no such thing as Santa Claus
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-05-2013), Siobhan (03-05-2013)

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

damn you alan no santa next there will be no tooth fairy i'm devastated who do i send my xmas letter to now

Thread Information