Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 'Coronation Street' actor Bill Roache arrested on suspicion of rape Read more: http:

I'd rather Ken didn't return.

I'm looking forward to the return of Ken and Kevin on the street.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    I'm looking forward to the return of Ken and Kevin on the street.
    I'm not.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (06-02-2014), GloriaW (06-02-2014), lizann (07-02-2014)

He will be able to take Eccles for a walk and help Deirdre eat her stuffed marrow.

On a serious note, the cps in the news said there is certain criteria that a case has to pass before it can go to court. The CPS said they respected the jury's verdict, however they also said it was right for the case to come to court. Whether it was, who is to say. It is a tricky one. Although I do not like the women I did find myself agreeing with Christine Hamilton, a friend of Bill Roache. she said the only winners are the lawyers.

However I hope it doesn't stop victims coming forward to report these dreadful crimes.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

GloriaW (07-02-2014), Perdita (06-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm not.
    Me either. I haven't particularly felt the loss of them during their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm not.
    Me either. I haven't particularly felt the loss of them during their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    On a serious note, the cps in the news said there is certain criteria that a case has to pass before it can go to court. The CPS said they respected the jury's verdict, however they also said it was right for the case to come to court. Whether it was, who is to say. It is a tricky one. Although I do not like the women I did find myself agreeing with Christine Hamilton, a friend of Bill Roache. she said the only winners are the lawyers.

However I hope it doesn't stop victims coming forward to report these dreadful crimes.
    That's always a danger and I heard the actress Sherry Hewson talking on a morning show about how upset she's been as she's a friend and supporter of Roache and that it all has to stop.
    "this climate we live in is so dreadful."

i took it to mean that accusatons of sexual abuse should not be as widely reported. That's the last thing that should occur. One of the reasons abusers have gotten away with it for so long was that they felt intimidated to come forward especially if the abuser had been a high profile or powerful person.

With the Saville revelations the atmosphere changed which is good though of course anything can be used the wrong way.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriaW For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-02-2014)

That's always a danger and I heard the actress Sherry Hewson talking on a morning show about how upset she's been as she's a friend and supporter of Roache and that it all has to stop.
    "this climate we live in is so dreadful."

i took it to mean that accusatons of sexual abuse should not be as widely reported. That's the last thing that should occur. One of the reasons abusers have gotten away with it for so long was that they felt intimidated to come forward especially if the abuser had been a high profile or powerful person.

With the Saville revelations the atmosphere changed which is good though of course anything can be used the wrong way.

He will be able to take Eccles for a walk and help Deirdre eat her stuffed marrow.
    Dedire will miss being able to smoke all over the place so freely though.

Lord, I can't stand to hear Anne Kirklbride speak anymore. Those vocal chords are so thickened by the smoking.

Thread Information