Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freddie Roscoe

https://youtu.be/P1hwzsWNiXE

Hollyoaks' exciting winter trailer has offered a first look at Freddie Roscoe's dramatic return to the village.

A huge storyline during the show's anniversary week last month saw Freddie targeted by his murderous wife Lindsey Butterfield, but a final twist revealed that he was actually alive.

Freddie appears at the end of the trailer, but further details about his return are currently under wraps at the moment.

The trailer also sees Maxine Minniver agreeing to help a terminally ill Patrick die, before he reveals to someone else that he's planning to frame her for his murder.

Ste's complicated love life will also take centre stage this winter as he has to decide whether to meet John Paul under the archway on Christmas Day as previously agreed, or pursue a future with teenager Harry Thompson.

Other storylines featured include Pete Buchanan finally getting his comeuppance, Sonia Albright revealing to Zack that she isn't the real Lisa Loveday and Cameron Campbell vowing deadly revenge on Leela for taking Peri away.

Hollyoaks boss Bryan Kirkwood has revealed fans have seen the last of Freddie Roscoe and Lindsey Butterfield as a couple - and he’s teased that Freddie’s romance with Ellie Nightingale is set to blossom even more over the coming months.
    Many fans thought that bosses had decided to kill off Freddie when it appeared he was a victim of gloved hand killer, Lindsey, but Bryan says Charlie Clapham, who plays Freddie, is too good an actor to let go.
    He said: "It was clear that we'd be mad to let Charlie Clapham go. He's immensely popular and has become a fantastic leading man. Ellie's encounter with him at New Year was the start of a new romance for Freddie that will continue, and although he is a key witness in the Gloved Hand story, we might have seen the end of Freddie and Lindsey as a couple."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-02-2016)

he gets cosy with ellie's mother marnie

he goes to meet his aunty christine, who has visited sandy, only to find that she has brought Lexi back with her as sandy can’t cope with looking after both her and jj so he asks mercedes to take her

charlie is leaving

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-04-2017)

Hollyoaks star Charlie Clapham has made a shock exit from the soap after four years in the role of Freddie Roscoe, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actor has already filmed his final scenes as Freddie, which will air on screen later this month.

Always full of surprises, Hollyoaks has revealed Freddie's exit in very unique style as part of the show's ongoing "Easter egg" hunt.

The Channel 4 soap has been encouraging fans to spot hidden clues and messages on its social accounts all week – but we'd been told to expect the latest one in the show itself, with viewers urged to scrutinise the closing credits of Wednesday's E4 episode.

Just in case you didn't spot it, there was a clever tweak to Freddie's credit, which had been sneakily switched to read: "Goodbye Freddie Roscoe / Charlie Clapham".

While we're used to cast exits being revealed in press releases or spoiled through leaks from the set, it's certainly the first time we can remember it being done in a hidden message on screen. Has Hollyoaks just pulled off another soap first?

While show bosses haven't revealed any more details, Digital Spy understands that Charlie left Hollyoaks of his own accord after an action-packed four years as Freddie.

During that time, Freddie has been at the centre of some of the show's biggest storylines, including his feuds with the village's dangerous gangsters and his explosive relationships with Sinead and Lindsey.

The latter partnership almost resulted in Freddie's death, as Lindsey was revealed as the show's evil Gloved Hand Killer when she tried to kill him at the hospital in late 2015.

More recently, Freddie has settled down into a new relationship with Ellie Nightingale and has been supporting her after she was raped by Nick Savage. But will Freddie's exit now heap even more heartache on Ellie?

Freddie's exit is also the end of an era for Hollyoaks, as he's the last of the Roscoe brothers to leave the show.

Freddie, Joe, Ziggy, Robbie and Jason became hits with fans when they joined the village in 2013, but they've all now bowed out.

is that his exit on the run for hitting nick

Hollyoaks waves goodbye to one of its biggest characters tonight (April 21) as Freddie Roscoe bows out from the show following an unforgettable four-year stint.

Fans have just seen Freddie make a devastating mistake as he nearly killed Nick Savage with one punch, sending him flying into the village's hot tub and almost drowning him.

Friday's E4 episode sees Freddie forced to go on the run when he discovers that he's now facing a possible 12-year prison sentence for the attack due to his previous criminal record.

Although Ellie Nightingale considers leaving with her boyfriend, he realises that he can't take her away from her family – forcing the couple to say an emotional goodbye before Freddie's half-brother Darren Osborne drives him away.

Here, Charlie Clapham reflects on his time as Freddie and why it was the right time to go.

Why are you leaving Hollyoaks?

"After four years, I felt the time was right to hang up the leather jacket. It was an incredibly hard decision, but I was excited to see how the writing team and producers were going to have Freddie Roscoe sign out.

"Fortunately for Fred and me, we got to leave the 'Oaks on somewhat heroic terms after Freddie took matters of Ellie's attacker into his own hands – literally!"

Why does Freddie choose to leave Ellie behind?

"I think Freddie has always been a lone ranger. Even when his family was around, he rarely kept any of them close. I often found Freddie would put others before himself when the real danger came into play and would therefore find himself on his own. I think it was only right for him to leave on his own with the help of his trusty half-brother, Dazzler Osborne!"

How much have you enjoyed your time at Hollyoaks?

"I recently posted a thank you to everyone at Lime Pictures for the past four years saying that they were the best of my life, and that is the truth. It has been a magical whirlwind that I have thoroughly enjoyed throughout, meeting and working with really lovely human beings the whole time.

"I've always received a lot of support from the fans too during my time on the show – that is something I've never taken for granted and I consider myself very lucky to have felt that."

How does it feel to be the last Roscoe standing?

"Freddie Roscoe, last Roscoe standing - I never thought I'd see that. It only seems like yesterday we were all starting together. It's only when the rest of the family leaves that you really appreciate how good it was when we were all together. There were some long days, but I'd go back and do it all again if I could."

What will you miss the most?

"I'll miss being on set the most. Some days are longer than others, but you get through it together and have a lot of fun in the process. I always got a good feeling heading onto set, shaking hands with everybody and cracking on with the scenes.

"The crews are always changing and there's always a different group of faces, spear-headed by a first assistant director. One man in particular called Colin Melia would drive shoots through to the end, but still allow a lot of banter – I always looked forward to working with him."

What are your Hollyoaks highlights?

"My highlight would be filming my first episode. I had no idea what was going on, it was a crazy new world I was entering and it all seemed quite magical. Plus I got to work with Nikki Sanderson (Maxine) who I fancied when I was growing up... which I told her!"

What do you hope for Freddie's future?

"I would like to see Freddie venture off with Lexi to South Africa, chilling out with her uncles, Robbie and Jason, oh and of course the wonderful Sandy Roscoe."

Are you glad the door has been left open?

"I was flattered not to have been killed off – I think it's a good sign. I like to think of the possibility of being able to go back one day. Not for a while though – I was so emotional on my last day, I couldn't go through all that again anytime soon!"

What would your dream role be for the future?

"Ooh I don't know, I consider myself to be very lucky to have played Freddie for so long. Growing up I'd always dreamt of being able to say I was an actor and Hollyoaks made that possible, so I guess Freddie Roscoe was in many ways a dream role come true."

If you could have brought back just one Roscoe before you left, who would it be?

"If I could bring one Roscoe back, it would be Gillian Taylforth who played Sandy. She was amazing in so many ways: a true professional, a wonderful actress, a real friend, an amazing all round telly mum. And if you asked any of the Roscoe boys, I bet they'd say the same."

If you could have been a different character, who would you have been?

"Well, Fabrizio [Santino, who played Ziggy] and I originally went up for the same role. I ended up getting Freddie and they created Ziggy for him. Ziggy would've been a lot of fun to play.

"I really enjoyed working with Jesse who played Fraser Black as I learnt a lot from him, and he had a pretty good part too. But that would mean I'd have ended up shooting myself, so I'll just stick to being Freddie."

Do you have a leaving message for everybody?

"I would like to thank everybody at Lime Pictures for four incredible years that I will never forget. Every single member of staff, production and crew – you're all wonderful human beings and I can't thank you enough for having me as part of your family.

"I would also like to thank the fans. The show would not exist without you. There would be no Hollyoaks, no awards, no amazing experience and certainly no Freddie Roscoe. Thank you for making all of the above possible

returning

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...urn-interview/

Hollyoaks welcomes back a familiar face this spring as Charlie Clapham returns to the soap as Freddie Roscoe.

Show bosses shocked fans this week with the big announcement that Freddie is heading back to the village as a regular character, as part of a huge 2024 for the long-running drama.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Charlie for some early gossip on what's in store.

How do you feel about being asked back?

"I feel very grateful and really excited. I loved working here before. It was a huge part of my life in my early 20s and I did a lot of growing up at the time. It's a genuinely great place to work."

How did your return come about?

"Hollyoaks slipped into my Instagram DMs! (Laughs.) I did think at the start: 'Is this a prank?' I was asked if I wanted to chat and we had a great open conversation about everything.

"It was so quick from there. We spoke on Zoom ? there were certain things that they wanted and certain things that I wanted. We were able to sort it out really quickly. It's lovely and it feels like coming home."

What can you tell us about Freddie's return storyline?

"It's very explosive. I don't know how to say this without being too R-rated, but Freddie is always in a position where he's either about to run, fight someone or potentially have sex! There's those three in every single scene!

"From what I've read and heard, Freddie is as glorious and flawed as he was before. It's going to be great to play that out. It just makes any interaction that Freddie has with older characters great as there's a history there, and it's brilliant with the new characters too."

When are you back?

"I start filming next week. My return will air in the spring ? March or April time."

How long are you back for?

"I'm going to be here for a while. It's not just a cameo of coming back for a stunt episode or someone's exit. It's a whole new chapter completely. It feels like a fresh job coming in and I'm eager to learn and start all over again."

Who will you be working with?

"I know that I'm working with the best people, like Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren). I'll be working with people I've worked with on the show before.

"I know the people I'll be working with are great professionals ? they turn up and they know exactly what they're doing. They have ideas, and everyone wants to have a laugh and do the best work that we can ? and win that next Soap Award!"

Would you like to see Robbie and Jason Roscoe back?

"Stranger things have happened. Michelle Collins just came back from the dead in EastEnders. I'm sure they could engineer some things. Whoever they bring back, it's a great time for the show and really exciting.

"Put it this way, I think there's a lot more chance if someone gets a call from Hollyoaks right now. It's a lot more interesting because you know there are people in control of the show who not only know what they're doing, but they really care about it.

"I was here for five years before. I didn't want to come back if the character was going to change, or if the story didn't really have a through-line to it. But there's a momentum there and I'm really excited."

How do you feel about the current changes being made to the show?

"Hopefully this is a new dawn. It's been a struggle for a lot of shows who filmed through COVID, but especially Hollyoaks because it's shot on single camera. There's a lot of kissing, rowing and fighting in the show, which they couldn't do at the time. So to come out of that, it's a good time to be here and a great time to be watching the show."

Hannah Cheers, who's taken over as co-executive producer, is someone you've worked with before, isn't she?

"Yes, Hannah is a quality storyteller. She really homes in on the relationships between different characters and the histories. She really knows the characters well.

"Hannah was part of crafting some of the characters too. When the Roscoes first came in, there were all sorts of exercises that they wanted us to do in workshops. Those were all conversations that we had before even getting on the show.

"It was a similar period of time as they'd just changed bosses then too, so there were rewrites and tear-ups, recasting people, and then the Roscoes came in at the middle of that! So this time feels like a doddle to me, as it's just me who's coming in and I know what it's like.

"It definitely makes it exciting to come to work, because you know there are other people involved in the show who care as well. When the people above you aren't caring as much, it's hard to have the same enthusiasm day in and day out. So it's really exciting to be back and I'm feeling that enthusiasm every day."

You've spent a lot of time out in the US ? how was that experience?

"I've been there for six and a half years, ever since I left the show. I moved out there and got my green card. I got over there and started taking classes, which was a great follow-on to my time on Hollyoaks. You're learning to act for a very specific formula at Hollyoaks and it's a relentless formula, where you don't really know your story arc so you're not able to plan ahead.

"I remember when Freddie was in the show last time and he had to react to things, my eyes were getting wider and wider all the time! People were saying: 'Why are his eyes so wide?' I was like: 'Because so much stuff has happened to him and I don't know what to do now!' (Laughs.)

"When I went out there to the US, I was studying at studios where people like Jim Carrey had gone to ground themselves ? in their case from comedy backgrounds. I took a lot of classes.

"I wanted to study at those different studios because I didn't have a drama school background and I'd been learning on the job. It was funny because you could be working with people who were on The Walking Dead but they came in for a drop-in class. It was bizarre, it was like its own little TV show!

"I was living my life and enjoying myself. I was really lucky as I picked up some projects and also started writing and producing my own stuff. I had some relative success with them, but then COVID happened.

"I've been working on films and that was an experience ? I did Rebel Moon 2 and came in towards the end of the shoot. Even the food truck was a huge warehouse! You'd be waiting around to start filming for a week and then you had half an hour to make your part of it work."

What else have you been up to?

"I also did a couple of movies back here last year with a lot of other actors who are also in soaps. They come out this year, so hopefully there'll be some fun crossovers for the fans to be like: 'Oh! What would happen if Cindy from EastEnders and Freddie from Hollyoaks were in the same gangster family?'

"Because I've been working in the UK over the past year, it wasn't a big move back now that I'm returning to Hollyoaks. It's really fun, because you know what it's going to be like. I know that I'm going to enjoy it and have the best time possible."

Hollyoaks streams first online via Channel 4 each weekday at 7.30pm. Episodes then air on E4 the following day, before getting their YouTube premiere a week after that.

Thread Information