Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freddie Roscoe

He is an idiot for marrying Sinead

So he
    Spoiler:
    murdered Fraser Black

Charlie Clapham has spoken about why Freddie Roscoe killed Fraser Black.

Following on from the on-screen reveal, Clapham promised that fans of the soap can expect "a few more twists" before the storyline draws to a conclusion.

On why Freddie killed Fraser, the actor said: "To protect his family; to protect his mum. She nearly died because of what Fraser did."

Freddie is now trying to frame his brother Joe (Ayden Callaghan) for the murder - partly due to his feelings for Joe's partner Lindsey, who is pregnant. It isn't yet clear which of the brothers is the baby's father.

Clapham continued: "As far as setting up Joe, I think everything's going a little bit too smoothly. I think old Fred could do with a pair of eyes in the back of his head at this time."

The actor predicted that the possibility of a family, and the life he's always dreamed of, will push Freddie to go forward with his schemes.

"It plays a massive part, because it literally sets up a life he's always dreamed of. It's not like the Freddie of old that has nothing to lose, he might have the family of his dreams waiting around the corner, and is he really going to be prepared to give that up so easily?" he said.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 21-07-2014 at 22:50.

Hollyoaks star Charlie Clapham has admitted that he hopes his character Freddie Roscoe isn't written out of the show now he has been revealed as Fraser Black's killer.

The resolution to the murder mystery was revealed by the show's chiefs via Hollyoaks' official Snapchat account last Friday afternoon (July 18).

Speaking to Inside Soap about the repercussions for Freddie, Clapham said: "Freddie's committed a murder, so there will be consequences.

"But Fraser was a wrong'un, so maybe it'll all work out for me in the end. Who knows? I love this job and really don't want to leave - but if Freddie goes to jail, then I guess I'll have to [go]."

Clapham also explained that due to the secrecy surrounding the storyline, he wasn't aware that Freddie was the culprit right up until the day of filming the scenes.

"Nobody actually told me! I got hints from different places, but right up until the day we filmed the scenes, I still didn't believe it," he said.

"There were people in the building who didn't know it was Freddie until the scenes aired on TV. It was so top secret that the flashback wasn't actually in the script."

Freddie Roscoe and Lindsey Butterfield will suffer another setback on Hollyoaks as they are both arrested at their own engagement celebration.

The troubled couple are hauled in by the police next month, just when they thought their problems with the law were finally over.

Freddie is currently the prime suspect for the 'murder' of Mercedes McQueen, but future episodes see everything change when Lindsey's attempts to help him lead to Phoebe being framed for the crime.

With Phoebe in prison and the heat finally off the Roscoes, Freddie hopes to concentrate on his future with Lindsey and is delighted when she accepts an unexpected marriage proposal from him.

The couple plan engagement drinks to celebrate at The Dog, but their next big problem already seems to be brewing when gangster Grace Black discovers the reason why Phoebe is behind bars.

Knowing that Sinead has been helping the Roscoes again, Grace orders her to get a taped confession from Lindsey and Freddie about framing Phoebe.

Once Sinead complies and goes to the police with the confession, DS Thorpe arrives at The Dog to arrest Freddie and Lindsey just as they are toasting their engagement - leaving fans to wonder whether scheming Grace has finally won the war.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-03-2015)

throw away the key on them two

Charlie Clapham has teased exciting times ahead for his character Freddie Roscoe, revealing that he will have "a major involvement" in the show's big anniversary episode.

The Channel 4 soap is marking its 20th anniversary in October, and show bosses are lining up some huge storylines to mark the milestone.

Clapham's character Freddie Roscoe has had an eventful time over the last year which has seen him marry his brother's fiancé Lindsey Butterfield and be framed for the 'murder' of Mercedes McQueen.

Clapham told Inside Soap: "There is lots of exciting stuff coming up for Freddie, including a major involvement in the big anniversary episode.

"I don't think he will be accepted back into the Roscoe family anytime soon, though, and I don't think is marriage to Lindsey will last either. He's not exactly good husband or father material."

Despite Clapham's reservations about Freddie and Lindsey's marriage, the actor revealed that he did enjoy his on-screen wedding.

He said: "Getting married on screen was fun - it was my second on-screen wedding! It was a good day, and Sophie Austin is such a wonderful actress to work with.

"I have just been to her own wedding, which was a bit awkward as they bought me up in the speeches as being Sophie's 'other husband'!"

Freddies still alive but a spokesman has said they can't say what if anything hel remember about lindsey attempting to kill him

Thread Information