Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sid Walker

Sid Walker

rumours going round the actor who plays dr sid has been let go from the show

D: NOOOO!

just checked his Twitter page;

Rob Mammone ‏@RobMammone 22 Apr
    'Sid is spreading his wings !! Who knows he may end up in the UK !! Times they are a changin ... As bob once wrote ......'

D: NOOOO!

just checked his Twitter page;

Rob Mammone ‏@RobMammone 22 Apr
    'Sid is spreading his wings !! Who knows he may end up in the UK !! Times they are a changin ... As bob once wrote ......'

Shame I like Sid, will Dexter, Indi and Sasha stay on the farm by themselves so now?

Oh No!. Sid is one of my favourite characters. It's such a pity he's leaving.

aww i like Sid too maybe he hops into Neighbours lol

Home and Away star Rob Mammone has confirmed that he has left the soap.

Mammone - who plays Doctor Sid Walker on the Channel 7 serial - explained that he was written out of the show for "speaking up for the truth too often".

The actor has hinted that there were problems between him and writers in recent weeks, but this marks the first time he has been explicit about the issue.

In recent months, he has criticised the handling of Romeo's cancer storyline, revealing in one tweet that he had rewritten one of his own scenes.

In March, he posted: "@peacefulgal2010 thanks Sahara Luke and I re wrote most of it , as we felt , we needed to get it right .. Too important."

In April, he responded to a fan who criticised the storyline as "not realistic". He replied: "@Topper120488 yep we thought so too .. Sonetimes the writers get it wrong !!!"

It is thought that the above tweets came after the decision to write out his character, rather than being the cause of his exit.

Mammone first appeared in Home and Away back in 2009 and reprised the role a year later in 2010.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-05-2013), homeawayjsk (17-06-2013), TaintedLove (11-05-2013), tammyy2j (12-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Home and Away star Rob Mammone has confirmed that he has left the soap.

Mammone - who plays Doctor Sid Walker on the Channel 7 serial - explained that he was written out of the show for "speaking up for the truth too often".
    Good on him for telling it like it is - though I'm sad to see him go. Home & Away is really going downhill in my opinion.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

homeawayjsk (17-06-2013), tammyy2j (12-05-2013)

Rob basically just said what most viewers were thinking. The writers should listen to him!

I hope this doesn't mean that Indi, Dex and Sasha will leave now. I liked the Walkers.

Gutted.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xessixa For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-05-2013), homeawayjsk (17-06-2013), tammyy2j (12-05-2013)

Rob basically just said what most viewers were thinking. The writers should listen to him!

I hope this doesn't mean that Indi, Dex and Sasha will leave now. I liked the Walkers.

Gutted.

Thread Information