Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waterloo Road Series 9 Spoiler

Waterloo Road star Carl Au has told Digital Spy that he relished the opportunity to show a softer side to his character Barry Barry in tonight's episode (November 7).

The latest edition of the BBC One drama saw bad boy Barry break down as his mother Carol (Zöe Lucker) refused to forgive him for stealing his sister Kacey's boxing fund.

The surprising scenes aired in the final Waterloo Road episode of the year, leaving fans to wonder whether the Barry family can ever get back to normal.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Au explained: "In this episode, I was hoping to show that other side to Barry. When the scripts are given to us, there is only dialogue and then it's up to us to find the truth and depth of the scene.

"I suppose there are numerous ways to play a scene, but the angle I chose to take in this case was one that was hopefully surprising for the viewers, as it showed a very distressed moment for Barry.

"As an actor, I felt that I owed it to Barry to turn the character inside-out and reveal all of his tightly-kept struggles, hurts and emotions. He has pushed those deep within himself and buried them for many years."

He continued: "I hope that people could see that, because I think it's an important side to Barry. He comes across as this cool, rebellious individual, but there are these haunting layers to his persona. I think there's only so much of a front you can put up before you hit rock bottom."

Au also spoke to us about his hopes for future storylines, revealing that he would like to see Barry come face-to-face with his father.

He said: "Barry's dad is in prison and I'd love for them to meet on screen, on whichever side of the bars. I think that would be so interesting.

"Barry likes to live the big man's life, but if he was forced to do the big man's time, I think that would be very exposing territory for him because he'd be with people much worse than him. If Barry ever did meet his dad, I think that would be electric and a great dynamic."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/a29...-series-watch/

All of Waterloo Road can be watched again on BBC iPlayer ---

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (20-09-2019)

Thread Information