Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricky Sharpe

yes if she dies and brax gone what about baby casey, let ricky go off with brax and casey

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-12-2015)

Not saying Daily Wail is always wrong but then they are not always right either ... Lets hope somebody had too much Christmas cheer when they wrote that article

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-12-2015)

Home and Away series script executive Dan Bennett has denied reports that six characters are to be killed off in an upcoming storyline.

Viewers were concerned after Woman's Day ran a story that claimed an upcoming massacre would take place on the soap, but Bennett has called the reports 'complete bull****'.

The article claimed that Bonnie Sveen's character Ricky Sharpe would be amongst the Summer Bay residents to be killed off.

However, Bennett denied the reports, writing: "This Woman's Day story is complete B.S. on every level. Not a word of truth in it. How can they just make crap up?!!"

Meanwhile, it was announced earlier this year that Home and Away's Ricky Sharpe will flee from Summer Bay in the aftermath of her partner Brax's exit from the soap.​

Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo has recently signed a new contract to stay with the show.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-12-2015), Nell532 (30-12-2015), Pantherboy (29-12-2015), tammyy2j (29-12-2015)

I have just been reading all about this here & elsewhere & the first thing I have to say is that Woman's Day have been well known for "making up" these type of BS stories in the past, so I wouldn't be putting too much cred into the article. Having said that, I see people have been questioning why Dan Bennett came out so quickly to deny it i.e. is it to quash a false rumour quickly, or is it because there is some truth to it? Personally I think the "massacre" story is complete rubbish. However, more likely is that there will just be quite a few cast departures/turnovers next year (I think there are a number of them with contracts expiring sometime during the year & we have all read about them wanting to "rejuvenate" the show - or as some have said "get rid of the deadwood"!). We know that Ricky will be leaving & of course Brax will be gone for good after his brief re-appearance (& presumably they will eventually leave together). It has all but been officially confirmed that Nic Westaway (Kyle) will also be leaving. As for who else will/could be going, we will have to wait & see. There are also the unconfirmed rumours floating around from a while back that Hannah & Oscar will die in a car crash & that Maddy loses part of her arm in this crash (& that she will also leave the show soon after this). This seemed a bit far fetched at the time, but you never know now. Whether they leave the show this way or via different storylines (or even leave at all) remains to be seen. There have been some suggestions that instead of a massacre there may be some kind of stalker type storyline i.e. people are killed off 1 by 1 - I really can't see this happening either.

I read the following in the Daily Telegraph a few weeks ago (I think it was even before the finale aired on Dec 9), where they were speculating on the scheduling for 2016: "Gossip in TV drama circles says some young cast members of Seven's Home and Away are about to be written out of the show in the usual way soapies go - you know, buried under a mudslide, or something awful like that. Meanwhile, older characters such as the iconic Alf Stewart, played by Ray Meagher, are entirely safe. Stone the flamin' crows! Is this a prelude to a well-speculated move of Home and Away to Ch 7TWO to clear the way for a revamped Today Tonight? Insiders say a firm "no"." They were of course being tongue-in-cheek with the "under a mudslide" reference, but maybe the gossip they were referring to was the upcoming Woman's Day article?

(With the news that Johnny Ruffo has signed a new contract, Charlie Clausen (Zac) also announced on morning TV a day or so before the finale aired that he had also signed a new contract).
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 30-12-2015 at 05:41.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

CuriousCase (02-01-2016), Dazzle (29-12-2015), Perdita (30-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Rumours have it they leave together
    That is the best exit for Ricky and Brax

Interesting stuff, Pantherboy. I like the sound of clearing out some of the deadwood. I actually quite like Oscar but he feels like a bit of a spare part at the moment. I wouldn't be at all sorry to see Hannah or Maddy go.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (29-12-2015)

This is another story with Dan Bennett's denial:

"Home and Away Denies Shock Storyline Claims

Home and Away’s Script Executive Dan Bennett today denied claims that a number of main characters will be killed off in an attempt to aid flailing ratings.

Australian magazine Woman’s Day claimed that an insider on the show told them several characters may be facing the axe, as a massacre looked set to take place in the peaceful bayside town.

The magazine stated that “The New Year looks set to kick off with a major culling of the younger and newer cast members.” Among the possible casualties are music teacher Phoebe Nicholson, bad boy Martin “Ash” Ashford, copper Kat Chapman and doctor Nate Cooper. The insider added, “Up to six characters could go in the massacre.”

The supposed insider continued and talked about how if the ratings boost doesn’t work, the show itself may face the axe. “After a soft year with ratings, they panicked and ended up spending a loot of money on research. It showed that die-hard Home and Away viewers only love the older established characters like Alf, Irene and Marilyn. That’s why they decided to kill off the younger cast.” When asked about the fate of the series, the insider said, “It’s do or die. If they get this wrong, it could mean the end of one of the longest-running series on TV.”

Bonnie Sveen, who has played Ricky Sharpe since 2013, was recently spotted filming what appeared to be her final scenes, fuelling speculation that she will leave the bay with lover Darryl ‘Brax’ Braxton. She was also seen receiving a paper bouquet from crew members, in what seemed like an emotional goodbye. Though she has denied the claims, Bonnie apparently talked to Woman’s Day about her rumoured departure, stating, “Next year, there’s going to be a lot of drama. It’s going to be a big shake-up because quite a few people are leaving. I think it will give the show a much-needed revamp – it’s what the future need. That’s why Home and Away is so successful, because it continues to adapt – when one season ends, a new one begins with a new flavour.“

Stephen Peacocke‘s return as the much-loved Darryl “Brax” Braxton is also mentioned as the insider states, “Steve’s return to the Bay was a big favour to the network, and it may just save the show.” This comes after news Stephen told Yahoo! Australia that his return storyline involves substance that hasn’t been tackled in the history of the series. “It is something that ​has never been done in the 27 years of the show. The producers put that to me and I went, ‘Yeah right! What hasn’t been done?’ But I read it and it hasn’t!” he stated. “It was good fun to do. It is not some big explosion or anything. It’s just a really cool episode.”

However it would seem that series script executive, Dan Bennett has discredited the article as completely untrue.

@DanBennett
    This Woman's Day story is complete B.S. on every level. Not a word of truth in it. How can they just make crap up?!!

As for whether the rumour has any substance whatsoever, including Ricky Sharpe’s departure and the exit of others, remains to be seen."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-12-2015)

Another article re speculation about Ricky's "departure", including references to previous articles we have seen (ie Daily Mail & Woman's Day etc):

"2016 Spoilers: Another Favourite to Depart Summer Bay?

Ricky Sharpe set to leave Summer Bay with Brax?

After mounting speculation of an imminent departure, a nullified magazine article and the all but confirmed rumours of the departure of her close friend, it would seem that Ricky Sharpe is set to leave Summer Bay in 2016, departing with lover Darryl “Brax” Braxton, who she discovered was still alive in 2015’s dramatic final episode. We look over the evidence both supporting and opposing the rumours.

As we previously reported, Steve Peacocke (Darryl Braxton) made a brief return to set earlier in 2015, to film a series of “top secret episodes”. While back on set, he filmed alongside Bonnie Sveen, who plays Ricky. The pair filmed scenes that saw them drive off together, beginning speculation that Ricky and Brax would leave the bay together early in 2016.

Now, many months later, Bonnie appears to have been photographed filming her final scenes, and receiving an emotional send off from the show’s production team. Last week, she was filmed wearing the same yellow and black number that she was wearing while filming the car scenes with Steve Peacocke earlier this year, whilst baby Casey was also wearing the same clothes as when Steve was on set. It seems likely that some of Ricky’s departure scenes were filmed when Steve was available, whilst the remaining scenes that didn’t require Steve were filmed during the normal production schedule.

Matrix AU’s Instagram account shows her being presented with a paper bouquet, while the Daily Mail reports that she was also photographed looking teary-eyed while talking to colleagues, fuelling speculation that it was her final day on set.

However, eagle eyed forum members have noticed that Ricky is wearing her engagement ring in the photos, suggesting that she may still be engaged to Nate Cooper, thus has not reunited with Brax after all. The 2015 season finale saw Nate ask Ricky to marry him, and her accept his proposal, so whether or not Bonnie leaves for good, it seems sparks are set to fly over the first few months of the year as Ricky battles with the news that her ex-flame Brax is still alive and well.

Further, a second Daily Mail article has potentially quashed the claims that Bonnie has filmed her final scenes. The UK newspaper spoke to the actress at the AACTA Awards in Sydney, where she told them she’s “still comfortable in the bay”.

However, in a recent article by Woman’s Day, Bonnie apparently talked to Woman’s Day about her rumoured departure, stating, “Next year, there’s going to be a lot of drama. It’s going to be a big shake-up because quite a few people are leaving. I think it will give the show a much-needed revamp – it’s what the future need. That’s why Home and Away is so successful, because it continues to adapt – when one season ends, a new one begins with a new flavour.” Series script executive, Dan Bennett later quashed the article as nothing but lies.

Despite all these reports, the show’s producers are always keen to keep departures under wraps, so it wouldn’t be the first time actors have denied departures, only to leave a few months later. As for the final word on whether Ricky is leaving, we will just have to wait until 2016."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-01-2016), Perdita (01-01-2016)

This should probably go under General News, but I have put it here given the previous posts/discussion under this thread (please move it if deemed appropriate. Thanks).

It has been posted by someone elsewhere that script executive Dan Bennett may have/has resigned from H&A, after he reportedly posted the following tweet:

"@DanMBennett.... Happy new year. For me, 2016 is about new challenges. I've quit my job, intend to travel the world...Wishing everyone YOUR joy. Peace."

People are understandably questioning the timing of this given Dan's quick denial of the supposed "massacre" storyline just a couple of days ago, & that he only re-joined the show earlier this year. Is he leaving so soon due to the future direction of the show etc.........??? All a bit of a worry!

There hasn't been any official confirmation that this is true & he is definitely leaving, from the show as yet.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-01-2016), Perdita (01-01-2016)

Well, the tweet really exists and appears to be from Dan Bennett's genuine account:

https://twitter.com/DanMBennett/stat...22940618555393

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (01-01-2016), Perdita (01-01-2016)

Thread Information