With Neighbours' new Turner family continuing to settle into Ramsay Street, Digital Spy recently chatted to Calen Mackenzie to hear about his role as the clan's youngest member Bailey.

Bailey made a confident entrance into Erinsborough on UK screens earlier this month, but has appeared slightly more troubled in recent episodes after a mysterious break-in at Number 32 left him spooked.

Read on to find out what Calen had to say about all things Bailey!

How do you feel about joining a show as iconic as Neighbours?
"I've done quite a few roles on new shows, but to be a part of something which has been going since before you were born and such a huge part of this collective consciousness is really amazing."

You appeared on the show in a one-episode guest role in 2011. Did that make it less daunting when you joined up as a regular?
"It was a really brief moment - one scene in fact! I was able to meet Morgan Baker who plays Callum which was great, but no, it didn't really help!"

Has anyone in particular helped to make you feel welcome on set?
"The family [the Turners] made me feel welcome. Morgan and Coco [Cherian, who plays Rani] have also made me feel at ease because we're all around the same age."

© Channel 5
Bailey with Amber, Lauren and Lou

How do you describe Bailey and his place in the Turner family?
"He is the glue. If Dad or Mason can't fix it, Bailey will always try. He is the one who keeps a straight head in the family.

"Bailey gets on well with his brother and sister, but like most sibling relationships, there is a competitive spirit and just general annoying each other! When it comes to his parents, he loves them equally and he wants the best for them."

Bailey seemed to immediately like Rani when he joined the Street, but Callum has warned him off! Will Bailey respect Callum's wishes?
"While it's hard for him because he does like Rani, there is a code I guess that you don't steal another mate's girlfriend and that's very important to Bailey. But it's not easy for him because he likes Rani and he can't switch his feelings on and off."

Do you share any similarities with Bailey?
"Yes, I love reading comics and playing video games - society's classic nerd! I do spend a lot of time on the computer so I guess that's where we are the same."

Would you like to show a more rebellious side to Bailey or do you prefer him the way he is?
"I definitely would like to character to grow and develop into someone who is not as tame and sensible…"

© Channel 5
The Turner family

How are you expecting the viewers to react to Bailey and the rest of the Turners as they continue to settle in?
"Well, I'm hoping that they will see the Turners like any normal family - admittedly a heightened dramatic version. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but at the end of the day, they care for each other deeply."

What can you tell us about your previous acting work? Do you see Neighbours as your big break?
"Yes, definitely. I originally did a lot of small roles and then last year I did The Time Of Their Lives [for the ABC in Australia] and then Neighbours. It doesn't get much bigger for a young actor."

Do the older cast members on the show give you much help and advice?
"Absolutely, all the cast and even the crew are so warm and helpful - Tom Oliver in particular. They can't help you with acting because that's something that you do and work at, but when it comes to getting you settled and knowing what's what, they were just crazy help!"

Were you familiar with the show before you joined and aware of its popularity in the UK?
"I have certainly watched the show as a regular viewer - everyone has at some stage - and I'm blown away by how big it is in the UK. We're already receiving fan mail which is fantastic considering we've only just started on air."

Can you give us any hints on what you're filming at the moment?
"Well, there is still a lot going on with Rani and Callum, and of course there are quite a few issues with his family which he has been dragged into. There is also an event which lands him in hospital… and I've probably said too much so I better stop now!"